Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Mini-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: Change

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2012, 11:43 AM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Default Change

Well I decided it was time for a change. I picked this rig up from Chris @ Cheap battery packs,he was selling it for Jason.....who originally bought it from Lars. As most know Lars knows how to build a competitive rig.
I didnt eed to do many changes,but I wanted to use the knuckle weights from Erik d lux. The rig has a carbon fiber chassis ( I beleive it is a proto of the rock spider 2.2 chassis for 1.9) Lil harrys, over drven front,crawler mafia motor,alum spur,Tekin br1 esc,LCC inner and outer shafts and stubs,rcbros steering, alum chubs and lock outs....
To use the D luc knuckle weights I needed to convert over to the LCC chubs so a n ordeer went into D lux for the adaptors and also a new set of the solid face clear 1.9 wheels. As I found out after the transformation was complete, it was a good thing I ordered the wheels becuase the lil harrys bind on the knuckle weights.

The transformation is pretty straight forward.
I started with the adaptors(non link type) as I didnt want to change the geomety quite yet. One thing at a time ....right. I needed to sand down the face of the C hub so that it is flush and the recessed groove is gone,this allows the king pins and cvd joints to line upo properly. I quickly reliezed that the LCC outer stubs on the rig had been lathed down to 5 mm to accomadate the MRC stuff. I needed a 5 x 12 bearing to use the same stubs.No luck at the lhs but they did have new cvds so I picked those up and the 6x12 bearings needed for the stock LCC stubs. Mated the old inners with the new outers and I was in bussiness. While I had them apart I modded the cvds for more turning You will see later what else I needed to mod becuase of this.
Then it was time to install the knuckle weights.Here you can see the additional clearanceing I needed to do to get full lock with the additional turning.

I also wanted a bit of rotating mass. I picked up some collors from hi strength nut and bolt in Kent. They are 3/4". I needed to open up the Id a bit so out came the uni bit.It steps cuts obviosly but that was a plus since these are slipping over the SLW hubs and they are tapered.

Installed over SLW,just a press fit and then use the supplied set screw to lock them down.The set screw will fit right inbetween the ribs on the SLW hubs.

Installed on wheels

I also picked up some 7/8 split collars to use.They are bit big in the od and need to be turned down when I get the chance.These will weigh a bit more and give me another tunning option.The Id is perfect and no step drill will be needed.

I also picked up some really thick washers to use in the rear wheels. I didnt snap any pics but the step drill came out again and a press fit was in order.

General shot of the rig now.Its track width is just shy of 8", I can go narrower with out getting into the links at lock by useing narrower SLW hubs. I will rub the shocks during articulation without adding more caster which I may play with once I have some drive time on it.

I am going to try a set of taller rovers also,maybe theyw remain,maybe not
hotwheels000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-07-2012, 12:44 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Change

Looking good! I love mods that need build time.
Think u could post up a straight list of all the parts needed to run the dlux weights?
A-Z and where to source them?
elsewhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 07:46 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Change

Here is some great info from Erik

MRC to LCC adapter thingies and shock mounts
hotwheels000 is offline   Reply With Quote

Change - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
They should change the name of it menace Chit Chat 7 08-14-2010 05:08 PM
Name change LumTheMad Comments, Suggestions, and Help 6 10-25-2008 08:32 AM
Name Change? Shaun Comments, Suggestions, and Help 17 09-20-2008 09:21 AM
possible name change darkstar Comments, Suggestions, and Help 6 05-06-2008 04:25 PM
Name change? 4X4 JEFF Comments, Suggestions, and Help 6 02-13-2008 11:05 AM