Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Mini-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: Building a Slick 60 , 61 to 66 Ford F-series body

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-22-2014, 08:15 AM   #21
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Building a Slick 60 , 61 to 66 Ford F-series body

Whether or not you have created a proportional body...a "cartoon" rendering as you put it...you have mad creative skills...Mad Props to you for taking this on.

Id like to see this body stained and sealed...NOT PAINTED...way too much craftsmanship to hide it with paint...secondly, hand crafted wood wheels mounted to the axles would set this thing so far off it isnt even funny.

Ive been a tradesman for decades and regardless of the theme or whether I like the item created I love when people use their skills and dont waste them. With skills like this you should seriously consider working with other members to build molds for lexan body thermo-forming....Ill make the first request...a modern 1/10th scale Kenworth or Peterbilt day cab...with a very slightly chopped top.

Sick work man....
rmdesignworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-24-2014, 10:35 PM   #22
Rock Stacker

hahahahhaha, MACCA, It just dawned on me who I am talking to ! hahahahaha Any color but yellow ;) I am leaning on white over red ! But I have been doing nothing BUT leaning lately ..so we will have to wait and see ;)

rmdesignworks, thanks for the compliment !

I admit there are times I just like to look at the glued up wood sections of this body and think "Sheesh, what was I thinking?" and hate the idea of hiding the structure.

I like you always appreciate anything a person still makes by hand. Its sad that hand on building is something of the past anymore. Hopefully the people with the interest in making new things in old ways will also learn the 3D tricks of the trade. It will be nice some day to take a original body to a scanner/3D printer and have him run off as many copies as you want...

Last edited by foodstick; 05-24-2014 at 10:46 PM.
foodstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 01:48 AM   #23

HAHAHAHA!, could of knocked me over with a tyre lever when I saw your wooden Slick!, this guy is a very talented scratch builder besides other things, just poor taste in truck colours! LOL!. serious tho, this stuff should be taught in schools, how to use your hands and fingers rather than your thumbs.
Hope we see some progress soon mate!, and here`s my pick for it`s colour!.........HAHAHAHAHA!!

Maccas66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 03:18 AM   #24
Quarry Creeper

When I was 18 I had one of these. It was a 65 f100 stepside with a 352 v8 and 4spd with granny gear. It was a ex forest service rig and was a dark hunter green with the original wood bed that was actually in ok shape. That was the first car I ever resurrected. I got it for $800 rebuilt the car and sold it for 1500. It ran like a Harley. It was loud. God cars have got way advanced and ridiculous now. I miss the old days of being able to fix crap on your own
ssdub33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 02:46 PM   #25
Rock Stacker

One of my three Slicks ;)

Old 09-11-2016, 05:51 PM   #26
Rock Stacker

I actually worked on this some more...

Old 09-23-2016, 11:43 PM   #27
I wanna be Dave

Sweet build, great skills, paint it red over white, love these style Fords.
Natedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 05:42 PM   #28
Rock Stacker

I have been considering doing the paint job with the red roof, white hood and top of box, and red sides. The truck my Dad bought when I was a kid was painted that way.

I would like to have a cheesy old school topper and maybe even a camper that swaps on and off ..just for the heck of it. Its just been a fun SLOW project....
Old 11-25-2016, 04:43 PM   #29

So a month after Slick Stock you start back on the wooden truck, nice !, I should get mine down and do some more to it as well, but as you know other projects come along and take you time and interest. I've got 3 others rigs on the bench at the moment Lance.... no make that 4 !. My latest is a JK Jeep 2 door hard body with full interior on a SCX10 chassis, boy these things are short, I had to move the motor and gear box up front with a home made motor mount and a DIY transfer case, waiting on some flanged bearings at the moment tho........... here's the motor mount..

Maccas66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2016, 09:10 PM   #30
Rock Stacker

Thats some cool looking work for sure Macca, I would have never thought you would have fallen for these trucks so hard ! I need to get one of my buddies thinking about doing this some more. It was rough when they destroyed our great driving location along the lake...