Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Mini-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: Looking for a little direction to get started with small scale crawling.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-12-2015, 05:49 AM   #1

Default Looking for a little direction to get started with small scale crawling.

Hello all, I'm wanting to get a small scale crawler for indoor use during rainy days and late nights.

I was looking around on the net and found the Losi Mini Rock Crawler and decided that's what I wanted but now it appears the Losi branded model is no more and it has been replaced by the more expensive Vaterra Slickrock.

$250 is way more than I want to spend on this so now the alternatives in my price range I'm seeing are the Redcat Everest 16, the Exceed Maxstone 16 or the HSP Kulak. They all appear to be essentially MRC clones but I'm having trouble finding info on any of these trucks and was hoping some more informed members could help me out with this.

I'm mostly looking for the best durability and performance for about $100.
Thanks!
Zad2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-12-2015, 02:35 PM   #2

Default Re: Looking for a little direction to get started with small scale crawling.

Hi I have the hsp kulak and In my opinion it has been amazing especially for the price (got mine for $96) the only issue I had was that the steering link and servo were both very weak so I upgraded to a full size servo and metal link and well as the c hubs and knuckles (wouldn't bother upgrading c hubs and knuckles until they break as some people have had no issues with them) but really the rest that I upgraded was just for a little more performance. Here are some photos
CJP_8_7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 10:34 AM   #3

Default Re: Looking for a little direction to get started with small scale crawling.

At this scale I'd probably buy a clone too. I have a Losi MRC and I have to say I've always thought it was very overpriced. The same goes for its replacement, the Vaterra Slick Rock.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote

Looking for a little direction to get started with small scale crawling. - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Getting started crawling cybrrmage76 Newbie General 2 02-12-2012 08:11 AM
How did you get started in RC Crawling ? Rock_Diggn_Don Chit Chat 45 12-30-2011 04:15 PM
Started to make a small portable course for my MRC Tom95YJ General Crawlers 1 03-03-2009 03:38 PM
How much would you say it costs to get started crawling? BigB_117 Newbie General 23 01-08-2009 12:42 AM
Small Scale Crawling & Carnage In Hollywood(dial up danger!) gregrocks90046 California 12 08-16-2005 10:53 PM