Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Mini-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: My "Mini-X1" chassis build

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-13-2015, 07:47 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default My "Mini-X1" chassis build

I'm designing my 3rd chassis and it's for a 1.9 comp class crawler, I already have 2 chassis for the 2.2 Sportsmans Class. I've got the mockup done with acrylic, I'm waiting on my Dravtech front and rear adapters for the axles to check link length. I already did a mockup with the stock axles and it was right on. The chassis will made out of 1/8" Delrin side plates, the crossbraces out of 1/4" Delron rod and the skid plate out of 1/4". When I get the adapters I will get more pics.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
fshnut007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-13-2015, 08:04 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: My "Mini-X1" chassis build

The tranny gears are going to be upgraded as well as the motor and drive shafts.

Old 07-25-2015, 03:50 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

Got my parts in to do the XR mod, parts are as follows: Dravtech wraptors for the front axle and rear axle adapters, new axle housings, losi metal lockers, traxxas mini revo pinion, wraith universals, wraith knuckles and chubs, and bearings for the knuckles and 4x10x4 bearings for the rear adapter.

Old 08-03-2015, 05:58 PM   #4
Pebble Pounder

So i ground off the stock shock and lower link mounts, I installed a Traxxas mini Revo pinion only #7079 to give it the overdrive.

I ground down the Wraith shaft to length and to fit the slotted groove, I also ground down the edges of the yokes they don't catch the sides and gives it a little extra turning.

I ended up using Vanquish knuckles, chubs and DLUX no slop bushings. The Dravtech wrapters worked perfect. I'm done with this axle, now I'm moving to the rear.

Old 08-24-2015, 09:52 PM   #5
Pebble Pounder

I bought new losi metal lockers and installed them in both front and rear axles. I did leave the pinion stock on the rear so it will act as a under drive since the front is over driven with the Traxxas mini Revo pinion.

I put the Dravtech wrapters on the rear axle so I can use Vanquish XR10 lockouts to give me more hub size options. I had to use Wraith straight axles ground down to fit the XR10 lockouts, and again I use Axial aluminum hex hubs.

Old 09-02-2015, 05:23 PM   #6
Pebble Pounder

A little more detail on the axles, the axles still uses the stock screws to hold the wrapters on at the top and bottom of the wrapters , but you still need to drill and tap the side of the wrapters, c-hubs and lockouts, I used a m3x5mm screw to hold all of them in place after I tapped all of them, I failed to mention that when you use the wrapters you will need an AX1221 bearing in each one. Also when shortening your shafts be careful not the shorten them to much cause then you are going to have to buy another one to start over. You will of course need the rest of the bearings to fit the lockouts and knuckles.

Old 09-02-2015, 06:18 PM   #7
Pebble Pounder

Ok so I went to start mocking up my l links and I realized the lockouts need to be turned to where the screws are on top and the bottom, when try to run a screw thru the wrapters to attach the kink and shock I noticed the screws are in the way.

My "Mini-X1" chassis build - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mini Wedge "Low Pro" Build. kwonchoba Losi Mini-Rock Crawler 77 03-11-2012 11:44 PM
"Sherbet" (1.9 Mini Comp Rig build)... justinart24 Losi Mini-Rock Crawler 26 02-17-2010 12:39 AM