Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Mini-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: MRC Scaler "Baby Bronco"

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-17-2015, 11:41 PM   #1

Default MRC Scaler "Baby Bronco"

This build started out LONG ago. I bought a used MRC and immediately wanted something scale. My first intention was to build the truck to fit an HPI Bronco body. I had started drawing up a chassis and had measurements. I ended up with a Tamiya Bronco body on a CC01 and sat it on my stock truck. Axle width was perfect! Out went the HPI body, in came the Tamiya. The chassis and chassis braces are all aluminum. I used the shocks, drive shafts, axles and trans from the MRC and pretty much scraped the rest. Took me almost 2 years, but I had it running for Xmas 2014. This summer I did 2 competitions and now the truck has been claimed by my 4 year old son lol!

Mock up:

Assembly:

First Run:

"Final" Product:

Sorry for some of the pictures, all from my phone. I have become quite addicted too this platform. After my second comp my girlfriend has requested her own rig, a Macguyver Jeep. I also intend to do a few more MRC/Slickrock/Tremor builds. Lots if small rigs out there to start off with.

Hopefully some of you folks will enjoy my little rig, any questions, feel free to ask. Want to criticize it? Go ahead, I'm a big boy lol!

Sent from my 7040T using Tapatalk
aykdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-22-2015, 05:31 AM   #2

Default Re: MRC Scaler "Baby Bronco"

Very cool!

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk
Fintobean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 08:29 AM   #3
RCC Addict

Like what you did there. I have a slickrock, which I am no longer happy with, and have been considering doing something like this. I happen to love those broncos too. Had a 71 when I was a kid.

If you still have those chassis measurements would you mind posting them? By the looks of it I think I could pull it off with a bandsaw and a drill press.

I'm also wondering about the mounts, I see the mounting on the red body but not the blue. How did you go about that?
Ditchrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2015, 06:55 PM   #4
Rock Stacker

Nice rig Looks good. Stretched one out for my friend with RJ speed jeep body.Keep up the good work.
rude_k9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2016, 07:45 AM   #5

Sorry, didn't see the comments here guys!

Ditchrat:
I will look later today. I have a drawing for my chassis so somewhere. Very simple to do, I just happen to work with a CNC everyday lol!

As for body mounts o. The blue body; I made a styrene "floor" for the chassis. I made it for inside the body. I glued 2 balsa strips to the outer edge and mounted Velcro to them and the body. I'll try and grab some pics tonight. The fro t and rear were also kinda pinched in the bumper mounts I made

Sent from my 7040T using Tapatalk
aykdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2016, 11:29 AM   #6
I wanna be Dave

I love my MRC based scaler.

Jslick is offline   Reply With Quote

MRC Scaler "Baby Bronco" - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
MRC "motor noise" and L-trail chassis "drive shaft" joeel Losi Mini-Rock Crawler 6 03-04-2010 04:38 PM
warrior's bronco scx10 tr" baby" warriorsimi 1.9 Scale Rigs 4 12-15-2009 09:28 PM