Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Southeast > Louisiana

Notices

Thread: Alexandria, Central LA crawlers?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-30-2008, 06:54 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Alexandria, Central LA crawlers?

I've just gotten into crawling in th last month or so, and have really taken a liking to it. I have 14 RC's, but I'm having the most fun with my crawler. It's an axial rig with some of the popular mods done to it, and I'm about to start on a second rig this week. I'm getting ready to get started on a home course next to my off-road track, and I know of a place not far from here that is a rock crawler's heaven. If you're in the central louisiana area, let me know.
CharliesTheMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-01-2008, 12:13 PM   #2
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Whats up bro, I am from Jena now living in Baton Rouge,la I have a good friend that works at Hare's hobby shop. Ark/la/miss has a comp erea northwest of Alex. off of I-49
chip cross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 02:23 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

I guess you're speaking of Mark? I spend a lot of time in hares, you know with my RC addiction and all. We have a structural steel company and our corporate office is in alexandria, but our fabrication plant is in denham springs and I have an apartment down there, so I'm thinking that I will start coming down there on the weekends to do some crawling in the baton rouge area.
Old 06-01-2008, 02:29 PM   #4
On the lookout for Rocks

Monroe, LA here....1 1/2 hrs from Alec....we would love the take a gander at this crawler's heaven..............
constantmotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 04:29 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

I'm going to go take a look at it and get plenty of pics as soon as I can. I had plans to go this weekend but I came down with a bad virus, first time I've gone 3 days in a row without wrenching on RC's since I got into the hobby. I was trying to find a place with some rocks around here, and then I remembered a spot where I used to go fishing that had a big dam in a canal, and they had pretty big boudlers all down the side of the canal. I haven't been in a year or so, but I'll take some pics when I go check things out.
Old 06-02-2008, 01:02 AM   #6

Whoop whoop. lookie Who showed his face. Been waiting for you to post something here......
alpinehyperite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 07:36 AM   #7
Quarry Creeper

lol, I guess since I gave you the link to this site, the least I could do would have been to post in the Louisiana section. I'm on here all the time, but I don't post a lot because I spend most of my time doing research and reading other people's threads. I use the search feature a lot, because most of the questions that I have, someone has already answered them several times. Are you going to be going to the June comp?
Old 06-02-2008, 02:16 PM   #8

Im not sure yet. Prob not. Having some trouble with my crawler. Cant keep the back tires on the ground when flexing the front.
alpinehyperite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 02:46 PM   #9
Quarry Creeper

Seems like a good reason to bring it to the comp. Maybe one of the vet comp guys could take a look see and se what's causing the problem. It's odd that I don't have that problem at all and we built the same kit, the only differene is my batter and servo location, and the 30 degree links. I have about 12 pairs of springs in all different rates, so if you bring it to the comp I'd be more than happy to let you have whichever springs you need to get it set up better and I'll order some more.