Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Southeast > Louisiana

Notices

Thread: Catahoula Recreation Spring Fling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-07-2015, 01:37 PM   #1

Default Catahoula Recreation Spring Fling

Hey everybody I've been around the Baton Rouge area for 3+ years now but haven't been able to meet very many people from this area in the RC crawler world. I've been heavily involved in the 1:1 rock crawling scene down here and make a ton of trips to Catahoula Recreation off road park in Sicily Island, LA.

Some friends of mine put on yearly events at the park and the next one is called Spring Fling slated for April 8-10 2016. There will be a bounty hill for the 1:1 rigs and open trail riding all weekend long.

I mentioned to my buddy running the event that it would be cool to setup an RC crawler competition of some sort to get more people involved and create an opportunity for more people to get a taste of competition. The terrain at the park provides endless options for RC courses and we are even considering building a small course near the camping area.

I've been sorta tasked with setting up the competition and courses so my question is how many people would be interested in attending and participating in some sort of competition? What type of competition would you like to participate in? (Timed Course, Bounty Hill, Points Style Technical Course).

Please feel free to input any suggestions or comments as we are in the very early planning stages and want to appeal to as many people as possible.
derek12v is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-10-2015, 10:31 AM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: Catahoula Recreation Spring Fling

There are several people up near Monroe that you could contact. krazykrawler is one that is on here a bit.

I cant say for sure if I'd be able to go or not but I like the G6 type events and a bounty hill seems like it could be fun.
Col_Sanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 05:55 AM   #3

We went up to Catahoula Recreation Offroad Park yesterday and got started on the RC course. We were able to get quite a bit done on the first day and I think we have a pretty good start to a decent course.

Here is a video of a stock Deadbolt on the course. What do you guys think?

https://youtu.be/A9sE2v7aZcE

Last edited by derek12v; 12-21-2015 at 01:03 PM.
Old 01-06-2016, 01:47 PM   #4
Pebble Pounder

I think its lookin good man!!! Josh and I were talking about trying to incorporate a "speed" section also maybe a few woops and a table top or something. Next time yall do let me know and ill try and make it our there with yall
mudweaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 08:06 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudweaver View Post
I think its lookin good man!!! Josh and I were talking about trying to incorporate a "speed" section also maybe a few woops and a table top or something. Next time yall do let me know and ill try and make it our there with yall

Sounds good! I think we are heading up on January 30 to continue working on it. I think the fast section could be added into the side farthest away from the pavilion to make it a longer oval... not a bad idea at all.
Old 01-14-2016, 08:13 AM   #6

I would be interested in this. I do work offshore so timing is critical for me.
Marvelous Marvin is offline   Reply With Quote

Catahoula Recreation Spring Fling - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
MNRCRC Spring Fling Spring/Summer series comp #1 freetimecrawler Minnesota 8 04-19-2010 04:40 PM
ECRCC 2.2 Spring Fling crawlinghulls Connecticut 2 04-13-2010 02:29 AM
MNRCRC Spring Fling Spring/Summer season opener freetimecrawler Minnesota 33 04-19-2009 08:00 PM
MNRCRC Spring Fling Spring/Summer season opener freetimecrawler Competitions 0 04-05-2009 01:16 AM
MNRCRC Spring Fling Spring/Summer season opener freetimecrawler Minnesota 31 04-06-2008 11:27 PM