Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Southeast > Louisiana

Notices

Thread: Wolf Rock Cave

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2015, 03:28 PM   #1
RCC Addict

Default Wolf Rock Cave

Driving home from work on the backroads I saw a sign for Wolf Rock Cave so I figured I'd check it out and see if it would be a decent crawler spot. It is just a little south of Ft Polk and a couple miles off LA-10 on a forestry road. There are multiple creek crossings and trails, along with the cave, some hills, and rock faces. I have not fully explored it because I didnt have a whole lot of time. It looked like the walking trail was pretty long and there were several logs and such to cross. The weather for the rest of the week looks like crap so I'm not sure if I'll make it out there for a few more days.

I crawled a little way into the cave (basically duck walked about 30 feet) but it was cold and wet and since I was in my work clothes I stopped before I had to try to run away from some rabid raccoon or man eating possum.

The ground was densely covered in leaves and twigs so the hills were slick. The stock Ripsaws on my SCX10 were not doing very well on that and I busted my ass a couple times. I'm not sure if they will do a controlled burn in that area but it could use it. That, or I may take a rake out there next time.

Col_Sanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Wolf Rock Cave - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Been in a Cave?!?! BrockGrimes Paint and Body 4 10-26-2008 09:25 PM
Cliff Cave max power Missouri 4 05-19-2008 07:56 AM
Have I been In a cave? BrockGrimes Paint and Body 55 11-25-2007 07:52 AM