Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Northeast > Maine

Notices

Thread: Schoodic point, Winter harbor, May 22 2010

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-05-2010, 07:16 AM   #1

Default Schoodic point, Winter harbor, May 22 2010

A small group of guys(7) with 2.2 crawlers. Schoodic point rocks As Rick said in the may 1st post, there are miles of rocks.

We would like to have some new peeps join us. Come join the fun. Watch,compete,lay on the rocks. It does not matter so come check it out..

We have a dream of starting a club as most of us do. We are 7 strong so far.

Any questions? P.M me your number and I will give you a call.
98zj5.9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-05-2010, 07:52 AM   #2

This is a part of the Acadia National Park system. The park service is A-okay with our presence, and the park rangers actually get a kick out of the toys. In fact they were video taping us at one point.... Pretty impressed with our Zero-emissions cars.
tcrawlerace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 02:29 PM   #3
Rock Stacker

makes me wish i still had a 2.2 comp rig.... all i got now is a 2.2 scale/trail truck and a 1.9 cc01 scaler..... maybe me and the wife will show up with my trucks.....would be nice to get out by the ocean again(she hasnt seen teh maine coast yet... shes from australia)

Last edited by tdodm; 05-08-2010 at 02:41 PM.
tdodm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 10:03 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdodm View Post
makes me wish i still had a 2.2 comp rig.... all i got now is a 2.2 scale/trail truck and a 1.9 cc01 scaler..... maybe me and the wife will show up with my trucks.....would be nice to get out by the ocean again(she hasnt seen teh maine coast yet... shes from australia)

Yeah man that would be great!!! if you have not been there before you will love it. Your wife will for sure I fish them stupid lobsters near there lol.

We have a great bunch of guys and would love for you guys to stop in. Oh and that scaler could switch over so fast hahahah

Last edited by 98zj5.9; 05-09-2010 at 07:51 AM.
Old 05-09-2010, 02:57 PM   #5
Rock Stacker

yeah some new tires and lighter springs/oil and it might make a decent crawler lol but with the narrowed hpi mud thrashers on it it doesn't crawl very well.. not to mention the HUGE turning radius it has..if i extended the rear links it would take sheer faces a lot better.. as it sits right now the front links are long and the rear ones are short.. i cant even climb up a cement block with out it sitting strait up on its bumper lol.. that's the 2.2 scaler/trail truck

Last edited by tdodm; 05-09-2010 at 02:59 PM.
Old 05-09-2010, 03:28 PM   #6

Quote:
yeah some new tires and lighter springs/oil and it might make a decent crawler lol but with the narrowed hpi mud thrashers on it it doesn't crawl very well.. not to mention the HUGE turning radius it has..if i extended the rear links it would take sheer faces a lot better.. as it sits right now the front links are long and the rear ones are short.. i cant even climb up a cement block with out it sitting strait up on its bumper lol.. that's the 2.2 scaler/trail truck
I have some losi claws you could try out. I dont need them anymore lol we all went to larger tires. Oh and we have many hammers. Tcrawlerace Has many many different options for ya. He likes tires.

we have stock ax10 chassis kicking around
What do you have for electronics?

Um Ours kinda turn Like dog crap lol. Many point turns and we all have mods for turning. So then there is the dig offsets that a little bit lol.

We would love to c it go. We almost had scalers instead Yeah I cant imagine it wants to to alot of climbing
Do you have a pic? You could email it to xj4x4xfar@hotmail.com for Me
Old 05-09-2010, 03:40 PM   #7
Rock Stacker

ive got a custem scale chassis on mine... with wk axels and ax10 tranny.... pede shocks and a ezrun 32t 1200kv motor... werks pretty good... its just a tad faster then walking beside it
Old 05-11-2010, 06:46 AM   #8

Quote:
ive got a custem scale chassis on mine... with wk axels and ax10 tranny.... pede shocks and a ezrun 32t 1200kv motor... werks pretty good... its just a tad faster then walking beside it

But now you have A losi COmp crawler Gotta break her in at schoodic dont ya think?
Old 05-13-2010, 07:59 PM   #9
Rock Stacker

i wish.. i gotta put a new brushless system in it before i can run it.. teh rooster and 55t in it gets WAY hot they say over in teh lcc forums brushes is a no-no.... ill prolly rob the tires of it and throw them on my trail truck and see how it goes lol
Old 05-18-2010, 06:48 AM   #10

Quote:
i wish.. i gotta put a new brushless system in it before i can run it.. teh rooster and 55t in it gets WAY hot they say over in teh lcc forums brushes is a no-no.... ill prolly rob the tires of it and throw them on my trail truck and see how it goes lol

I would run that. y not. better than watching and we dont mind. as long as you dont win Next time you will have the losi.