RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Maine (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/maine/)
-   -   southern maine rock crawlers???? (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/maine/534106-southern-maine-rock-crawlers.html)

Jeff True 05-04-2015 05:55 AM

Re: southern maine rock crawlers????

I would definitely be willing to check it out, it's only about 1 hr and 10 mins from me! Glad you guys had fun!!

Haulingram82 05-04-2015 07:17 AM

Lol I changed out my shoes and socks when I got home but left the jeans on. They dried out eventually lol

Haulingram82 05-04-2015 07:18 AM

I'll post some pics I have on the ROK dawgs page. Still haven't figured out how to load pics from my phone on here.

mbc 05-04-2015 08:14 PM

Wow. I left for a week and came back to missing a get together! Anyways I should be up and running this week. Still waiting on my drive shafts o be finished and my servo mount. Glad to know there are a few of you local guys. I can't wait for the rivers to drop. Lots of rocks there. I hike Douglas a lot. I need to figure out how to make a rc backpack. Just throw the buggy on my back!

Haulingram82 05-05-2015 04:42 AM

What I do is have a short rope with a clip on each side and attach the car to the top carry strap of a normal backpack. Works great.

mbc 05-05-2015 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cordwood (Post 5211646)
Actually, I'm looking into modernizing my 2.2s and hitting up some of the Boston Crawlers comps. Anyone else interested in going to one? I think they have a "run what you brung" class for those that don't have a 2.2p or 2.2s.

I would be up to go to Boston for comps. That would be fun! What's the name of the club down there???

Cordwood 05-05-2015 12:06 PM

Boston Crawlers. They have some info in the Mass forum. I think there is one 5/16 that isn't too far away.

mbc 05-05-2015 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Haulingram82 (Post 5217943)
What I do is have a short rope with a clip on each side and attach the car to the top carry strap of a normal backpack. Works great.

Good idea...i can fashion that easy enough. I guess my original thought was something like using plastic gun racks you screw to the wall. Figured i could cut them down and the wheels would sit right in the racks...but your idea seems like much less work and more flexibility.

mbc 05-05-2015 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cordwood (Post 5218258)
Boston Crawlers. They have some info in the Mass forum. I think there is one 5/16 that isn't too far away.

Count me in!

mbc 05-05-2015 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Looper (Post 5211717)
I'm in Hollis, practically a next door neighbor to you. I also have Comp that I'm itching to use. I built it last fall/winter and have not had an opportunity to take it out. Here is the build thread - Loopers Bully2 Build

I have two kids with a fairly busy schedule so I don't get out as much as I would like.

Nice rig. Well I'm right down the road from dunkin if you ever want to do some crawling!