Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Northeast > Massachusetts

Notices

Thread: Boston Crawlers Summer Event #6

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-01-2011, 11:27 AM   #1
RCC Addict

Default Boston Crawlers Summer Event #6

Hello Everyone

Boston Crawler's 6th summer series Event will be held on August 20th in Breakheart Reservation in Wakefield Mass. The registration will start at 9:30 with competition beginning at 10:00. As always there is no fee to compete.

The address for GPS purposes is 166 Hemlock Rd, Wakefield Ma. The actual crawling location is 42.491658,-71.043823. Park in the area below marked "A" and the competition will be where the green arrow is marked.

From the parking lot you will walk into the park and then take the first trail you see to the right up along the power lines. After that just stay on the trail and keep an eye out for the group, it is not a very long walk.

A teaser of what is to come.

See you all there.
BC-Brian is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-17-2011, 11:06 AM   #2
RCC Addict

Currently the weather for Saturday is looking questionable. If we do need a rain date it will be Sunday the 21st (the next day). I will keep everyone up to date, as for right now we are still on for Saturday.
Old 08-18-2011, 04:42 AM   #3
I wanna be Dave

how many people do you usually get at these events? i'm in the boston area but have never been to a competition. this is close enough that i might consider checking it out.
jebster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 05:27 AM   #4
Custom Carbon Fiber

Ill be packing ............

And Sunday is our Sportsman/Scale comp ............
Robbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 01:37 PM   #5
RCC Addict

Default Jebster

Hey Jebster,

In the summer time we have been averaging 7-10 people at each competition. People tend to be busy so getting everyone in the same place at the same time is tricky.

We have a sportsman class and a Pro class that you could compete in. The sportsman class being limited to shafty vehicles without dig.

Our group is a very fun group of guys, the competition is pretty low pressure, and we are always excited to have new people come.
Old 08-18-2011, 05:42 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by brid96 View Post
Hey Jebster,

In the summer time we have been averaging 7-10 people at each competition. People tend to be busy so getting everyone in the same place at the same time is tricky.

We have a sportsman class and a Pro class that you could compete in. The sportsman class being limited to shafty vehicles without dig.

Our group is a very fun group of guys, the competition is pretty low pressure, and we are always excited to have new people come.
sounds like a good time. when will you make a call on whether you are running on saturday or not (given weather)? not sure i will be able to make it given family stuff but i will try.

as far as classes go i have a venom creeper with a dig unit and an xr10. from what you said it looks like i could run either in the pro class. never ran a comp before so i sure i'd get a lot out of it.
Old 08-19-2011, 05:17 AM   #7
I wanna be Dave

if i do make it out what do you recommend i pack? besides the obvious (rigs, batteries, spare parts) anything else?
Old 08-19-2011, 07:54 AM   #8
Pebble Pounder

Jebster. Hope you can make it sat. Always a fun time with the BC crew.

For what you want to compete here is what I'd do: Bring both rigs(creeper and xr10). If you have never competed before I'd run the creeper in the sportsman class and just dont use your dig. This will let you understand the rules and whatnot before you start trying the hardcore stuff. Then after the comp run the xr10 over the pro lines and see how they feel.

as far as bringing stuff.. rig,tools a snack and some water should do it.

-Brendan
Der Kampfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 08:33 AM   #9
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Der Kampfer View Post
Jebster. Hope you can make it sat. Always a fun time with the BC crew.

For what you want to compete here is what I'd do: Bring both rigs(creeper and xr10). If you have never competed before I'd run the creeper in the sportsman class and just dont use your dig. This will let you understand the rules and whatnot before you start trying the hardcore stuff. Then after the comp run the xr10 over the pro lines and see how they feel.

as far as bringing stuff.. rig,tools a snack and some water should do it.

-Brendan
thanks for the input. got to work out with the wife if i can get away but it is looking like i can.

by the way, how long does it typically run?
Old 08-19-2011, 09:45 AM   #10
RCC Addict

So far weather is looking like it will hold up, sunny and humid with a chance of showers in the afternoon.

I will check the weather again tonight but if you don't see a post plan for tomorrow.

Jebster, registration starts at 9:30 and we usually wrap up around 2:00 or 3:00.
Old 08-19-2011, 10:18 AM   #11
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by brid96 View Post
So far weather is looking like it will hold up, sunny and humid with a chance of showers in the afternoon.

I will check the weather again tonight but if you don't see a post plan for tomorrow.

Jebster, registration starts at 9:30 and we usually wrap up around 2:00 or 3:00.

ok. sounds as if you all meet at the rocks vs the parking lot, right?
Old 08-19-2011, 02:54 PM   #12
Pebble Pounder

i'm sure people will be hangin out in the lot around 9.. If you get there and dont see people with trucks you can head up to the rocks and people will be there shortly. Its pretty easy to find. park. go thru the gate down the paved path til you are under the powerlines. Go up and right under the power lines til you see rocks to crawl on.

-Brendan
Der Kampfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 03:38 PM   #13
I wanna be Dave

ok. i'm in. i'll be there between 9 and 9:30.

by the way, my name is jeff.
Old 08-20-2011, 04:07 AM   #14
RCC Addict

Default Red Team Go!!!

We are good to go, the weather looks like it will be pretty good all day. See you all there in a couple hours.
Old 08-20-2011, 04:56 PM   #15
I wanna be Dave

just wanted to thank everyone. i had a good time today. learned a lot about my rigs and how to drive them. looking forward to the next event.

Last edited by jebster; 08-20-2011 at 06:03 PM.
Old 08-21-2011, 10:45 AM   #16
RCC Addict

Yesterday was a great Day for crawling. The weather held up and it was not super hot. The nice breeze helped too.

Brendan Decimated everyone and held first place all day long. Bob F managed to Edge out Dan and myself taking Second. New comer Jeff threw down with his creeper and took the Win for Sportsman class.

Thanks to everyone who came out. Jeff great having you, its always nice to see a new face.