Notices

Thread: Boston Crawlers - Halibut Point - June 9th

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-31-2012, 11:41 AM   #1
RCC Addict

Default Boston Crawlers - Halibut Point - June 9th

Boston Crawlers - Halibut Point, Rockport Ma - June 9th

Hey Everyone,

Next Saturday is Boston Crawlers Fifth Outdoor event of the season and the Final Event for the Nationals Qualifier. At the end of the event we will be presenting invitations to Nationals to our top two finalists of the qualifier. Brendan has a pretty commanding control of first place but there are 4 drivers within 8 points duking it out for that second invite, who will take it?

Halibut point is an Amazing location, I think our best spot by far, so for anyone who has not had the opportunity to check it out I urge you to try and fit this one in.

To anyone who has not come to one of our events we welcome you to stop by and check it out, or enter a truck in one of our comp classes. We keep it pretty low key, Fun, but competitive.

Again event #5 will be held at Halibut Point in Rockport, Ma. Registration will begin at 10:00am and the competition will begin at 10:30. There will be three courses for both sportsman and pro class. We will be using the 2011 version of the USRCCA rules until the 2012 version is officially released.

You can use a GPS to the following address.
Parking is located at 5 Gott Ave, Rockport Ma.

Leave a little bit of time for the walk down, about 10 minutes on a gravel trail. Also be sure to bring sunscreen and liquids, there is no shade at this location. We won't make fun of you if you bring an umbrella either, ask Brendan.

There is no Park Fee for this event, but there is a parking cost of $2 for the day. Once you park walk walk into the park and stay to the right of the Quarry. You should see signs for "Ocean", Follow them.

See the map below for directions to the crawling area.

If you have any questions feel free to ask.
BC-Brian is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-04-2012, 02:51 PM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: Boston Crawlers - Halibut Point - June 9th

UPDATE:

Any series standing ties will be decided on a 4th course to be run by any Drivers who have tie scores. Tie breakers for the series will not be decided by course time, or lowest score on last course. This Tiebreaker course will consists of at least 3 gates, the rest is a mystery. Be sure to have a battery ready to go just in case.
Old 06-10-2012, 03:39 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

Thanks again Brian for another great BC event.

Rockport, well.....rocks! BC Crawlers picks some amazing comp spots.

Congrats to the winners. If either of you two win the Nationals, dinner and beers on me for all you guys.

This club has great drivers and good guys.

Edit - between the Pabst and Guinness (and wisky) better make it a cookout at my house...

Last edited by CAIRN; 06-11-2012 at 07:22 AM. Reason: Forgot how much these guys can drink
CAIRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 06:31 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Thanks to BostonCrawlers for another great event at an amazing venue. worst driving at an event so far for me, but it was still a good time. congrats to the winners, and see some of you in CT on the 24th!
bryco13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 10:24 PM   #5
RCC Addict

Thanks to everyone for coming out on Saturday. It was great weather and great crawling. We had three great courses set up and saw some awesome Driving. Congrats to Brendan and Dan for pulling down 1st and 2nd in our Nationals qualifier, in September they will be heading down to Alabama to play with the rest of the top dogs. Congratulations to Dan P. for his driving to get him to first place in the sportsman class. See Everyone at the next one.

Scores are posted here

Last edited by BC-Brian; 06-10-2012 at 10:41 PM.
Old 06-11-2012, 05:22 AM   #6
Custom Carbon Fiber

Quote:
Originally Posted by BC-Brian View Post
Thanks to everyone for coming out on Saturday. It was great weather and great crawling. We had three great courses set up and saw some awesome Driving. Congrats to Brendan and Dan for pulling down 1st and 2nd in our Nationals qualifier, in September they will be heading down to Alabama to play with the rest of the top dogs. Congratulations to Dan P. for his driving to get him to first place in the sportsman class. See Everyone at the next one.

Scores are posted here

Did they get fries with those hats.

Great job guys ..........
Robbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 12:07 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

So is there any video of my truck jumping on course 2?
ebomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 02:42 PM   #8
Pebble Pounder

Confident that GoPro was rec when you jumped that gap. It was less than three feet away, so anyones guess how much you'll see on the recording.

Regardless, it was damn impressive driving. Caught us all by surprise. Can't wait to see the vid.
CAIRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 03:32 PM   #9
RCC Addict

I forgot to grab the Card from Byran's GoPro before I left. He is going to give it to me at CT State Champs. I will bring my laptop so we can take a look.

It was a nice move

Boston Crawlers - Halibut Point - June 9th - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Okrcrc Comp#5 June 9th Hinton ok chad30w Oklahoma 26 06-12-2012 03:02 PM
comp crawl @ Moss Rock, June 9th hbj069 Alabama 31 06-11-2012 10:28 AM
CMRCRC Comp #4 Sat. June 9th. dezfan Competitions 26 06-10-2007 10:11 AM