Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Mega/Monster Trucks

Notices

Thread: OHOs CPE Barbarian mud truck!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-23-2017, 09:23 AM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default OHOs CPE Barbarian mud truck!

Having been a long term fan of watching 1:1 mud trucks, and the recent increase in RC mud trucks and MTs, I figured now was the time to do the build I've been on and off about doing for several years.
Unfortunately, as CPE no longer offer the alloy chassis and I don't really want a carbon one, especially at the price it'd be to import to the UK, I kept scanning around and fell on this little gem on eBay, considering there is one very similar spec on eBay at the moment at nearly £500, I feel I needed to snap this up!
I plan to tear the whole thing down and build it how I want it, as if I'd simply bought the chassis and parts separately, so this won't be getting run tomorrow
My 'plans' right now are varied and I'm unsure which route I will go yet, time will tell.
For now, I hope you enjoy following along, I have already spoken to some YouTubers about using some of their videos audio, so expect some videos of this with 1:1 sound sometime in the future!

Suddenly my 6T axle stands, look a tiny bit small?

Good job I have some back up!

Took delivery of some '52in' tyres (5.2 )*

And some '60in'! (6.0 )

And a quick comparison, between my 1.9 Rok Lox, 2.2 (can't remember what these are copies of, possibly Irok or Swampers or something) and the 60" Mud Bashers at the back!
Oh How Original is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-24-2017, 01:00 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: OHOs CPE Barbarian mud truck!

I've got rid of the crap plastic hexes and added some +2mm ones, really nice quality actually for a non brand item and they fit nice and tight too, so I've ordered two more sets, one for the Yeti and one just for spares.
Curiosity also got the better of me, so I put (mainly for a joke with Andy) my spare 1.9 SSD rims with Rok Lox and I actually really like the look.
I know it's not the usual set up for a mudder, but I at least now know I like the huge arch gap and thin tyre look, so I might do some digging round for some taller 1.9s and stick with this look, I think it suits the old style body too, also removed the striping from the body as it was peeling off anyway.
Unsure what to do yet, feel free to post some opinions

Old 04-01-2017, 10:41 AM   #3
Rock Crawler

Nothing major happening but I've put some Unis in the front axle.
Ordered on the 27th, they landed today!
Been running these in my SCX10 for ages, lasted very well to 3s abuse, so decided to order more.
Silly fast shipping considering it's free.
HD Steel Front Axle Universal Joint CVD Shaft Set for Axial Wraith RC Crawler | eBay
Got the wheelbase a bit longer by moving the links positions, also got the new shocks on, Losi comp crawler shocks, much nicer looking, smoother and longer than what was installed, prefer these already without having even driven the truck.
Super happy with the stance and the overall look now, even with small 1.9s!

Old shock vs new*travel.

New stance, looking perfect for what I wanted, I really like the stretched small wheel, ridiculously high body look, so this is what I wanted!
I have the rear set a little bit softer on the preload, should help minimise wheelies and give the back end some squat under acceleration, like the 1:1 rigs!

Old 04-03-2017, 02:54 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

I was bored so I thought I'd finally get some electrics in this, just to give it a little run and see how it actually goes.
Running it brushed, on a motor I'm not sure what turns it was, it was actually so much fun, even just bouncing up the little edging outside my house.
Where have proper MTs been all my life, I believe everyone should have one of these.
I have already got a new motor on order, and I may go with a slightly taller tyre, or maybe even give in and switch to 2.2, but I'm still undecided on that.
I feel I need to take it out properly, in some mud and see how it copes, then make my wheel and tyre decision from there.
Here's a small test clip, it's really nothing major, just a few slowmo test shots, I wanted to see how it behaved.
Looking back, I think I may put the sway bars on to see how that changes things, it actually handles quite nicely, didn't tip over once, apart from the wheelie mistake lol.
I expected it to fall over as soon as the servo was moving, but nope, not once, which was a nice surprise, looking forward to giving it a proper run anyway
More to come!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sdwp...ature=youtu.be
Old 04-04-2017, 08:13 AM   #5
Rock Crawler

Since it's been asked for, I put them on, I actually now dig them a bit!
Eurghh lol, I'm charging up a 3s pack as I type this, I'm going to mount these big tyres on some spare 2.2s I have and go to play in some water and mud, hopefully.
I will take my other wheels and tyres too for comparison and start off small, venturing bigger after a few minutes with each.
May take some picture comparison shots, but may not.

Old 04-07-2017, 05:12 AM   #6
Rock Crawler

Here we go chaps, a bit of a better video than the one outside my house lol.
Getting wet and dirty in a watering hole.
Annoyingly, it's full of weeds, so I'm looking forward to going somewhere without so many weeds and just wet and mud, it should be fun!
But here's some pictures and video for now, hope you enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HznM...ature=youtu.be
Old 04-17-2017, 11:17 PM   #7
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oh How Original View Post
Having been a long term fan of watching 1:1 mud trucks, and the recent increase in RC mud trucks and MTs, I figured now was the time to do the build I've been on and off about doing for several years.
Unfortunately, as CPE no longer offer the alloy chassis and I don't really want a carbon one, especially at the price it'd be to import to the UK, I kept scanning around and fell on this little gem on eBay, considering there is one very similar spec on eBay at the moment at nearly £500, I feel I needed to snap this up!
I plan to tear the whole thing down and build it how I want it, as if I'd simply bought the chassis and parts separately, so this won't be getting run tomorrow
My 'plans' right now are varied and I'm unsure which route I will go yet, time will tell.
For now, I hope you enjoy following along, I have already spoken to some YouTubers about using some of their videos audio, so expect some videos of this with 1:1 sound sometime in the future!

Suddenly my 6T axle stands, look a tiny bit small?

Good job I have some back up!

Took delivery of some '52in' tyres (5.2 )*

And some '60in'! (6.0 )

And a quick comparison, between my 1.9 Rok Lox, 2.2 (can't remember what these are copies of, possibly Irok or Swampers or something) and the 60" Mud Bashers at the back!
hey

Jumbo Kongs are 8 inchs tall Just to let you know....
1beatjeep is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 01:27 AM   #8
RCC Addict

I think he sold this. Was on eBay not long ago.
o0wiz0o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 03:12 PM   #9
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by o0wiz0o View Post
I think he sold this. Was on eBay not long ago.
I bought it off eBay dude lol.
It's sat on my shelf right now, it's not leaving me anytime soon