Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Midwest > Michigan

Notices

Thread: keeping track of points for the Comps

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-04-2008, 07:49 AM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default keeping track of points for the Comps

Guys I dont know if there is a system already in place but I have been working on an Excel tracking sheet too help us keep track of our points for the Comp's. I went out and looked around the results section and their are many differnt ways that the other clubs keep score. I will bring my laptop to show everyone the whole setup.

I set it up so that we use the points from the USRCCA rules. I
Have posted what the final results could look like in the testing section.
check check 1 2 1 2...thank you Detroit

But I have some questions, we don't need answers now but think about it for the meeting.
- Are we going to make multiple runs? Is so will it be different each place?
- What to do about DNS (Did not start). Should People who post up saying that they comming then dont show. Should they get a stiffer point value that some one who said they were coming but notified us before the comp that they couldnt make it or some one who breaks and cant repair their stuff to finish the rest of the day?
- Some one joins us on the 3 comp in, Do we give them the DNS in the first 2?

Let me know what you guys think.

Last edited by xzk7nr; 04-04-2008 at 12:08 PM. Reason: sofa king todd ed
xzk7nr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-04-2008, 08:49 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

We have and should do 2 runs per comp. Forward and backwards on the same course layout. We did it at Davisburg in the fall and it worked very nicely.

DNS is a DNS. If they show up only though. I mean competition is good, but if I have a family emergency and can't make a comp I should not be penalized. Life will always come before crawling and competition. DNS applies to you not starting the course. Posting "I'll be there" is just a heads up and not a guarantee.

Show up 3 comps in means you get no points for those and those do not count for your scores. If we do best 4 of 6 lets say and you only compete in 3 of 6 you do not qualify for series points placing. Normally it'd be 0's but with 0 being a good score in RC Crawling I feel we must only score for final series points based on BEST 4 attended. If you can not make 4 of 6 you unfortunately can't be considered for the finals points.
binaryterror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 08:54 AM   #3
RCC Addict

Should People who post up saying that they comming then dont show. Should they get a stiffer point value that some one who said they were coming but notified us before the comp that they couldnt make it or some one who breaks and cant repair their stuff to finish the rest of the day?

I would say that you have and hour before the comp to notify us your not coming. Anytime inside that hour you get a DNS. The same rules apply if you come to a comp and your rig is not ready to go when it's your turn. If you break your rig and can't repair it then you get a DNF. those are the rules and I would except a DNS or DNF if I couldn't make a comp I said I would be at or broke down on the course and couldn't repair. Those are the rules.
hitman46mod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 09:59 AM   #4
I wanna be Dave

What if I find people interested in coming who arent on this forum? This posting "I'm coming" rule is a bit disheartening. I believe you should be able to show up at a comp and still be able to run without posting online.

The Large FTMS series allows day of racing entries, and our much smaller group for crawling should be able to support the same...

I thought the purpose of posting "I'll be there" in a thread was to hold a possible position when entries are extremely high (25 members or more) and to let the scoring guys know before hand to include their name
Old 04-04-2008, 10:19 AM   #5
RCC Addict

Well if you put it that way. I guess your right, it wouldn't be right to penalize one person and not another. So then if you show up and sign in and can't get your rig across the start line. Then penalty points should be given.
Old 04-04-2008, 10:24 AM   #6
I wanna be Dave

I agree, anytime you officially sign up, be it early online or through the morning meeting/sign up time you will have to get thte truck running at the time you are slated.

Any competitor who can't make it to the first gate or through it should get a DNS.
Old 04-04-2008, 10:54 AM   #7
Rock Crawler

what we have planed is a point series, for our first five comps was going to go over this at the meeting tomorrow, if you sign in saying you will be there and don't show up or can not start for some reason you will get 50pt's if you run the most points you can get is 40pt's this is the way they run all point series if you have questions bring them up at the meeting, i wont be on here much today thanks gary.
shrek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 01:24 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

First off I would like to say that the dyslexia was working well this morning because after looking at the post again I can’t believe how it came out. I wasn’t looking for answers now it was just something to think about and discuss on Saturday.

The reason why I am asking this has to do with people who want to go to nationals. If I read the forum right and what we talked about at the first meeting, I believe that someone from our club could get an invite go to nationals.

I was sitting in long meeting, that I really didn’t need to be there for, your mind wonders.....alot. Well that’s when I started work on this tracking sheet for the points. Not really knowing how everything worked I had a scenio that pop into my head that made me think for the people that are trying to make nationals then give them the motivation to make every comp. If nobody wants to go or cares about it then it’s a mute point.
xzk7nr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 02:01 PM   #9
Rock Crawler

i think the sheet looks good and will work .
as for the no show thing should not be a factor in any comp.
we set up 6 comps you must attend 4 of the 6 with 2 drops

meaning you show all 6 then you 2 highest scores fall off lowering your total
you show for 4 of them thats your total

very easy this way I think

also need to make sure we follow the rules for nationals
I'm very interested in going to or our club getting a invite for someone to go
twistedone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 02:30 PM   #10
I wanna be Dave

I think the sheet is ok...I'd prefer it another way to be more readable, just from running/assisting past points based races.

Old 04-04-2008, 02:33 PM   #11
Rock Crawler

binary

that look very clean also
twistedone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 06:46 PM   #12
Quarry Creeper

This is a great subjuct that I think needs to be coverd tommorrow. I do have one thing though, this is a reverse points system in that the lowest score wins with all competitors stating with the maximum amount of points per event. With that said a DNS or DNF should only acumulate the max for that course. Regaurdless of the end result the points will always add up. A person that shows up late in the season would only recieve the max points for the events up to that date. This would enable that person to still be in the running for a top end of season points win even only placing in a single event. This would be VERY unlikely but a possibility because of the nature of this compition If you place high in your event then even if you were to miss a couple you could still be in the running for an overall win or top placing. I'm not saying that this is the Ideal way but this is how the East coast guys are able to compete with West coast guys who live closser to there events. Place high or don't place at all.
jeepfreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 07:31 PM   #13
Pebble Pounder

i think this is a good thing...however i cant afford to go to nats so 2nd place can go this year
saul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 10:03 PM   #14
RCC Addict

Yo, fella's I think Al is calling us all out. He's aiming for the top spot. It's on now, hang a horse shoe around your neck.
JUSTGOINGSLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 08:29 AM   #15
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUSTGOINGSLOW View Post
Yo, fella's I think Al is calling us all out. He's aiming for the top spot. It's on now, hang a horse shoe around your neck.
I'm going to make a scale sniper and he will be shooting for battery packs.