Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Midwest > Michigan

Notices

Thread: lansing area crawling?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-01-2008, 01:23 AM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default lansing area crawling?

hey i live in lansing but i go over to grand ledge and crawl on the rocks at the ledges where everyone climbs. its sweet
this sunday 11-2-08 me and my buddy mad mike will be taking our tubers out to the ledges.

if anyone wants to come pm me?
we think we will try to do it around lunch time or 1-2? i will finalize the times on sat. 11-1-08

bobbyd!
dybbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-29-2008, 11:23 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

D is for dead!

as is the crawling in lansing!

just me and mad mike!
Old 12-20-2008, 03:31 AM   #3
Rock Stacker

I have to finish up my Mog but I wanna cratch up with you guys. I saw the vid of Wheelhead breaking your CVD looks like a nice spot.
jaymillz517 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 05:21 PM   #4
Pebble Pounder

yep tim did a job but he helped me learn where the weak spot is on my rig? i fixed it fast and ended up with extras.
finish the mog and lets crawl!
Old 12-30-2008, 07:46 PM   #5
Pebble Pounder

i would join ya but thats quite i drive for me lol
pedemaster-rc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 10:26 PM   #6
Pebble Pounder

Hey guys! I live in Onondaga and willing to just about anywhere to crawl.....

sold my Axial tuber to help pay for my scaler build but will be getting a Losi crawler when they come out.

Last edited by nitronut; 01-01-2009 at 10:33 PM.
nitronut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 02:29 PM   #7
Rock Stacker

Well the 4 of us should pull off a little Capitol area GTG. I havent had a good run in months.

The Mog isnt done (They never are) but its drivable. I shot a vid of it plowing when we had the first snow it's on GrandWoods. I'm working on another lil scaler with a Marui big Bear shell and a Bruder Man Trial rig. We can even drag Ed along he needs to get out.

Last edited by jaymillz517; 01-02-2009 at 10:16 PM.
Old 01-02-2009, 02:42 PM   #8
RCC Addict

you guys are welcome to swing out to our bay city get togethers on sundays. being winter, its kind of a crappy time, so Clayton78 setup a course in his garage. check the baycity thread for more info.

this spring and summer, we ll be doing runs here at my place as well. maybe a comp or two.

right now i have a pretty decent sized broken concrete setup, and a small dirt/sand course with some tunnel and trenches. once spring gets here, i ll be adding some trails in another section of my lot, as well as adding a long wood/rope or cable bridge and a slatestone wall. may even do a small waterfall, but not sure on that yet. im located in midland, so we re only a few hrs away fwiw.
Timmahh
Timmahh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 03:02 PM   #9
Quarry Creeper

Ya guys should come and check my place out. alot of guys are also running scalers. and the course is very scaler freindly. and once the weather lets up timmahhs place is a blast.
clayton78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 03:15 PM   #10
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymillz517 View Post
Well the 4 of us should pull off a little Capitol area GTG. I havent had a good run in months.

The Mog isnt done (They never are) but its drivable. I shot a vid of it plowing when we had the first snow In on GrandWoods. I'm working on another lil scaler with a Marui big Bear shell and a Bruder Man Trial rig. We can even drag Ed along he needs to get out.
Hi jamillz,

In the summer we started a group of 6-8 of us in GR/Holland/GrandHaven area that meet and run 2.2s (Axial, BMV, WKs, etc). Couple of us have 1.9 scalers that we bring sometimes.

Nice Mog! Where did you score the Bruder salt truck model?
I just posted my Mog build here:
Unimog X-Trail on double narrowed TLTs
I got the dump bed on mine to work remotely, pretty cheaply.
Is the salt truck a dumper?
How much was it? My lime green dumper was $23.

Right now my Mog is an indoor basement crawler with my sons. No scratches yet.
I have some pressed paperboard packing material that was around some touchscreen monitors from work. With 'hook' pcs of velcro they stick to the carpeting in my basement very well and prove to be challenging for 1.9s.

Do you have a build post of your mog or pics?
Chassis? Shocks? Steering setup?
I have to work through some challenges with torsion twist and articulation induced steering. Would like to see how you set yours up.
Check my post and pics and reply on the thread, here or PM.

BTW, Battlefront Game and RC in Wyoming (West GR) is building an indoor crawler course this month and starting practices and comps.

ltr,
sweli

Last edited by sweli; 01-02-2009 at 03:21 PM.
sweli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 11:05 PM   #11
Rock Stacker

LOL no problem Sweli
heres my build thread its over on scale 4x4
http://www.scale4x4rc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=26596
I picked mine up from a fellow member of scale4x4 he bought a few form a local store in wisconsin and sent me one it cost 28.00 shipped.
Its not a dumper it had a spreader on the rear but I wound up taking it off soon as I started building it.
Its on a custom c-channel chassis as I wanted to keep as much of the Bruder as possible. I have a axle mounted servo so I dont have any of the bump-steer issues. The front flex is limited because of this but it's something I can deal with.

Thanks for all the invites guys I might have to take you up on some of em. I'm also trying to get a spot setup around here hopefully my supply connection pays off.
Old 01-02-2009, 11:14 PM   #12
Pebble Pounder

Heck ya, we will have to drag ed outa the house,,al he does is work and.......paint? lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymillz517 View Post

The Mog isnt done (They never are) but its drivable. I shot a vid of it plowing when we had the first snow it's on GrandWoods. I'm working on another lil scaler with a Marui big Bear shell and a Bruder Man Trial rig. We can even drag Ed along he needs to get out.
nitronut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 11:49 PM   #13
Rock Stacker

Yeah thats Ed painting and running his slot cars. At least he has a woman now. Maybe we can talk him into picking up a crawler with his taxes this year. Until then I'll let him run one of my lil scalers when we hook-up.
Old 02-20-2009, 11:15 AM   #14
Rock Stacker

OK so its cold as heck but I need to crawl or run trail or something. Whats up with my Lansing folks anyone feel like braving the cold for a little crawling?