Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Midwest > Michigan

Notices

Thread: Ok guys, I want to start running with you again...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2009, 06:23 AM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default Ok guys, I want to start running with you again...

I am going through crawler withdrawl, and with tax cash coming in, what should I get? I had a Axial RTR last summer I picked up used, it was fun, but I want something better. I see there's a lot more choices out there now, what seems to be popular?
rm25x is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-08-2009, 06:26 AM   #2
RCC Addict

MOA is were it's at for comp. For 1.9 and 2.2 scale your looking at an SCX-10. And then an LMRC for 1.9 comp.

Last edited by hitman46mod; 02-08-2009 at 10:24 AM.
hitman46mod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 06:29 AM   #3
Rock Crawler

Moa?
Old 02-08-2009, 06:49 AM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Motor on axel
whalebone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 09:32 AM   #5
Rock Crawler

what are you going for, scale or comp and what class?
rcracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 08:22 PM   #6
Rock Crawler

Sorry don't know either of those people.
Old 02-08-2009, 08:31 PM   #7
Rock Crawler

Well
there is a vast variety of different Rigs being run like you said
I would suggest now coming down to Camp Twisted on a comp day and hanging out lots of different Chassis's and MOA's and AX-10-Wheels,Tires,Foam lots of different things. Check the site for Dates
and the Guys in Bay City also run every sunday maybe one of them can chime in on whats running up there

But there is Alot going on and I will et you run whatever I got to help ya out

I also forgot about BFG in Grand Rapids area check them out to they have a killer indoor course

Last edited by twistedone; 02-08-2009 at 08:58 PM.
twistedone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 07:36 AM   #8
RCC Addict

you dont NEED MOA to be competative. infact some of the top placing comp guys are still running shafty rigs.

go with the ARTR axial if you have to get it right away, but if you can wait a month or so, the new Losi 2.2 rig is looking to be the next rig.

like others said, are you going to run comps? if yes, expect to spend more money every comps. its just the nature of the beast as you have travel, food while away ect...

getting together with a group of folks is a good idea to get a look at the possible rigs.

if your interested, you can come up to bay city as well. we dont comp, but just get together on Sundays and run for the fun.

Last edited by Timmahh; 02-09-2009 at 07:39 AM.
Timmahh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 11:04 AM   #9

You don't have to have a MOA unless you got the cash tree growin in back
it's not nessesary.
BigIrish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 11:09 AM   #10
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigIrish View Post
You don't have to have a MOA unless you got the cash tree growin in back
it's not nessesary.
Its actually cheaper to build a Berg Crawler than a Axial Comp Crawler to the same level.

Problem is AX-10 ARTR gets you close fast, while all MOA axles need more work to get close to competing.

6 of 1, half dozen of the other. I prefer the driving style of the MOA's, which have the wonderful Clod Stall. I actually like the clod stall a lot.
binaryterror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 04:00 PM   #11
Rock Crawler

I think I am going to see how the new Losi does. I really like the design of that. Factory dig and the worm gear axles.

On a side note, also still going to do the free Sunday Slash racing in my back yard again for anyone who is interested.
Old 02-19-2009, 02:48 PM   #12
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by rm25x View Post
I think I am going to see how the new Losi does. I really like the design of that. Factory dig and the worm gear axles.

On a side note, also still going to do the free Sunday Slash racing in my back yard again for anyone who is interested.
this has been pushed back till May now
Old 02-21-2009, 05:34 AM   #13
Rock Crawler

yeah.... I saw that. The SCX10 trail truck looks really cool too. How big is scale comps?
Old 02-21-2009, 08:56 AM   #14
Rock Crawler

Quote:
yeah.... I saw that. The SCX10 trail truck looks really cool too. How big is scale comps?
there is a ton of guys building or already have scale rigs comps will be plentyful I think
Old 02-21-2009, 11:12 AM   #15
Rock Crawler

Well I did it. Just ordered a SCX10 from TCSCrawlers.com, and even had to pick up the scale working winch off ebay for it

This truck sold me.

Last edited by rm25x; 02-21-2009 at 11:16 AM.
Old 02-21-2009, 11:44 AM   #16
Quarry Creeper

You wont be disappointed, Believe it or not those perform very well. Alot of us from tri citys have scalers. I have 2, both of mine have The 1.9 flat irons G8 compound. They will go anywhere a 2.2 rig with go. If not, they have a winch.
chris4207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 11:46 AM   #17
Rock Crawler

Yeah I hope to come up and run with you guys this summer.
Old 02-21-2009, 11:51 AM   #18
Quarry Creeper

You should come check it out tomarrow we generally get there about 11am and run till we get bored.
chris4207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 12:35 PM   #19
Quarry Creeper

Thumbs up hey,Rob' Glad to see Your going Scale Brotha'*GREAT*

Quote:
Yeah I hope to come up and run with you guys this summer.
And you'll fit right in with The Tri-City crawler's & MiRCa' to For alot of us are mostly Scaler's,...But We all like the 1.9's & 2.2 Comp' rig's too. Try to get up to Nick's in Bay City, As soon as you can Rob' for I know you'll be going home saying ya' wish you'd of done that alot sooner too...Trust me on that one,... And this new rig' you got coming soon is a great start for what you'll see alot of the other brotha's have, and it's a great Scale set up. I'm, hoping to get A chassis kit of that same rig' later on as it start's to warm up more. Post up some pic's of your build up too,...So' we all can give you some good advice on the right set up for you to Brotha'. And Rob' We all had on Idea about you doing Decal's , For we all was thinking that you was just looking for some of the "MiRCa' & Tri-city crawler's club one's that we all ready have a person making them for us now. Again I'm, sorry for I had no idea that you was set up to do that kind of thing either. And now you have just told us that you plan to do R/C decal's and that's Awesome dude and you'll sure to be getting alot of "PM's" from some of us fella's as we maybe wanting you to make up some one off custom decal's & etc. So' yes' think's will pick up for you fast bro',... Just get up to Nick's and talk to most of the other brotha's that show up there each Sunday & you'll be good to go as you'd be heading back home from nick's and thinking how good it feel'd too be back in the game again and have alot of new freind to Run with too. _scoot'er_
scootertrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 03:41 AM   #20
Rock Crawler

Well my truck arrived yesterday, and I have a rolling chassis now. Just need to figure out what I am going to run for electronics. I am thinking a FXR combo for motor/esc. I have a lipo for it already (2S). Just have to decide on radio gear.

I must say, this truck really impressed me. Went together well, and is designed just right I think. I can't wait to run it.