Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Midwest > Michigan

Notices

Thread: BATTLE FRONT ROCK CRAWLERS.......Grand Rapids, MI

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2009, 05:18 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default BATTLE FRONT ROCK CRAWLERS.......Grand Rapids, MI

Hello all,

We are a club based out of Grand Rapids, MI. We have another thread on hobby talk that we have been on for a year now and we decided to put a thread up on here, since we as a club, get all of our info from this site anyways.

Feel free to post any comments.
dasmonkeyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-02-2009, 05:34 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Hey, hoping to he making some of your comps this winter. When will you be holding them?
jcboof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 06:33 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

We have our "Run what ya Brung" nights on Friday. We decided that is the best time for all of the tom foolery. You should come out and chill with us.

Our comps are on Sunday. We start crawling at 1 pm. Everyone starts showing up around noon. I look forward to seeing you this winter!

Oh, something that was left out of our first post. We have just added 8.5 tons of rock to our indoor course, which brings our grand total too... 16 tons. Please don't let all of the co-pays to the chiropractor go to waste. Come join us in the fun!
WyldWeazel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 06:46 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

You guys comp every sunday?? Or are there scheduled Comp dates?

I live about 2.5 hours from GR so the friday night trips might not be to economical for me right now. But I'd definitely make it up on sundays for the comps.

I live in northern Indiana, so between Camp Twisted, Battle Front, and The Rox Box in Indy, Everyone of you guys is 2.5 hours away from me!

I'm starting up a Fall/Winter Series in Fort Wayne soon so maybe you guys can come comp with us to!!

We will likely crawl on Saturdays!!
Old 11-02-2009, 06:58 PM   #5
Rock Stacker

We have been busy with redoing our indoor course as of late. We have not come up with a comp scheduled yet. We are going to have a few big comps this winter. We still need to make sure our dates don't fall on the same day as other clubs.

Send us your info and we will try and put a time and day together that we will come down.
Old 11-02-2009, 06:59 PM   #6
Pebble Pounder

I know I don't mind a road trip. Plus I have been dieing to see your rock pile. I heard it is stellar.

We have comps (in the winter) every Sunday. It is usually 3-5 guys. We have just recently added 2 new members so hopefully we will have a stable 5-7 guys. Plus we have some northern friends that will be joining us once the snow buries there outdoor pile.

We do 3 "Heat" courses of 6-10 gates. Then the top 3 qualifiers do the "Main" course. This course, traditionally is 10+ gates and usually brutal.

Let us know if you or your friends are coming our way and we will make sure to have the welcoming mat out for you.

We normally have a Winter Trophy Comp. The date has not yet been decided.... Hmmm second thought.... I like how NAS described this better.

Last edited by WyldWeazel; 11-02-2009 at 07:01 PM. Reason: NAS beat me to the punchline.
WyldWeazel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 07:13 PM   #7
I wanna be Dave

I've not yet sat down and figured out exactly what our comp dates are going to be yet. I want to make sure that our comps don't interfere with others too.

Our comps will all be held on saturdays. Most other guys will be on Sundays so there should not be much of a schedule conflict.

I'm glad that you guys are so welcoming to us!! I figured that some of you guys might be sore since I took the Michigan State 2.2 Class title back to Indiana with me this year!

And you guys are always welcome down here in Indiana too! Once I get things all figured out as far as dates go, Please let me know if you guys plan on attending and We'll make sure to put on a good time for you guys!
Old 11-02-2009, 07:42 PM   #8
Rock Stacker

No hard feelings at all. Its all a good time, and your just lucky that I flipped over on the last course and hit the boundary marker twice with my bully. Or I would have brought the title back to Grand Rapids

And there is always next year, unless you want to put that title on the line this winter???????????????????????????????????????????? ?
Old 11-02-2009, 08:32 PM   #9
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by dasmonkeyboy View Post
No hard feelings at all. Its all a good time, and your just lucky that I flipped over on the last course and hit the boundary marker twice with my bully. Or I would have brought the title back to Grand Rapids

And there is always next year, unless you want to put that title on the line this winter???????????????????????????????????????????? ?
Ahh, so you're the one that I was sweatin' on that last course!! LOL!! Tough break man, You did really well until those last 3 gates. I've been there and done that.

Hell, at Indiana's State comp, I came in 5th overall. I ended up not being able to finish 2 courses because of breaking parts!! First course was because of a stripped out ROBOTRONIC Servo Horn!!! 2nd was due to a snapped axle shaft! I should have came in 2nd or 3rd because of that! Oh well, I still did well enough on the other courses to finish 5th.

Maybe I'll consider putting the title on the line this winter, But I'll have to see how well my new setup is going to do.
I'm starting a complete rebuild on my rig for this winter/2010 season! We'll just have to see how good I feel about it!
Old 11-02-2009, 09:35 PM   #10
Rock Stacker

Its all good, you were the better driver that day and deserved first place. I look forward to next years state comp. Hope you can be there for a rematch. Hopefully I will have a job then and be able to go to more comps out of state.
Old 11-02-2009, 09:59 PM   #11
RCC Addict

I think I was 4 points out on taking the state champs again. I wonder what would have happened if I was judging. By the way I walked the finals course Gets some dates going guys, can't wait to meet again

Later
Farmer
Farmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 04:24 AM   #12
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by XJ Farmer View Post
I think I was 4 points out on taking the state champs again. I wonder what would have happened if I was judging. By the way I walked the finals course Gets some dates going guys, can't wait to meet again

Later
Farmer
Yeah, judging the courses was kinda nice, but you did smoke everyone on that finals course!

Next year is a fresh start right. Can't wait till next year. Hopefully the title can stay in Michigan for 2010, and hopefully we can bring the Indiana State title back to Indiana too!
Old 11-03-2009, 06:44 AM   #13
I wanna be Dave

LOL a new IN-MI rivalry is starting?

I think it would be easier for any MI crawler to steal back the MI champs than an IN driver to steal back the IN title from Austin.

I too hope to be able to visit the GR comps this winter. Used to live in K-zoo (home of Bell's!) so it would be worth the trip for sure.
binaryterror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 08:37 AM   #14
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by binaryterror View Post
LOL a new IN-MI rivalry is starting?

I think it would be easier for any MI crawler to steal back the MI champs than an IN driver to steal back the IN title from Austin.

I too hope to be able to visit the GR comps this winter. Used to live in K-zoo (home of Bell's!) so it would be worth the trip for sure.
there is no rivalry other than a friendly one.
I'd gladly let you guys have the title back next year, you just have to earn it. LOL!
As far as Indianas goes. Ill do everything I can to take it back. This time I won't have any broken parts to contend with! Super 300s are sweet! I jus have to remember to work on my shiz between comps!
Old 11-03-2009, 09:35 AM   #15
I wanna be Dave

It's cool Jesse, just with Ken's work and Brian now in oval mode...Farmer gets not good rivalry trash talk from the IN guys!

My truck will be ready...the driver though who knows about that guy, he's sometimes a bit off.
Old 11-03-2009, 10:12 AM   #16
I wanna be Dave

Too bad in not good at trash talkin like ken and Brian! I look forward to seeing you guys again soon. I've always had a good time crawling with you.
Old 11-03-2009, 02:46 PM   #17
RCC Addict

Yep, it's all good fun. Can't wait for another decent sized comp. I know Binary is always up for a good road trip

Later
Farmer
Farmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 06:38 PM   #18
I wanna be Dave

I'm waiting on a little input from the Fort Wayne group to see what will happen there, I'd really like to start a winter series but I need to get some interested people first.

We'd be more than happy to have ya'll come down!
Old 11-03-2009, 08:25 PM   #19
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by XJ Farmer View Post
I know Binary is always up for a good road trip
You just want another excuse to feel Subaru turbo power!
Old 11-04-2009, 02:23 PM   #20
RCC Addict

What time on Friday nights?
sweli is offline   Reply With Quote