Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Midwest > Michigan

Notices

Thread: West michigan guys

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-23-2010, 12:27 PM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Default West michigan guys

Lrt me hear you west michigan guys. Who wants to crawler? And who has indoor courses?
Jeepkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-24-2010, 08:32 AM   #2
Rock Crawler

Kalamazoo MI!

I don't have or know of any indoor courses, I love to wheel outside though!
Ramination is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 09:21 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

there is a few of us in grand rapids. we post in WSM G2G planning/ chit- chat.
itsjust me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 10:40 AM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Cool, looking for some guys to go crawl with this winter. Indoors though, my new rig is like a sports car to me.
Old 10-24-2010, 11:07 AM   #5

Default indoors

we are trying to get some guys to redo the course at battle front gamming grandville mi by grand rapids mi if anyone that would like to help
out just let me know it is set up now butt like to move it & redo the sets up for to better scale crewlers
digger48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 11:20 AM   #6

i also have a out side course lots of fun just had a night run on the 10/22

about 12 guys & 1 gal came out had a great time some brought out there kids had a cook out some guys stay out until 1:30 am that a just sat around the came fire & bs for awhile

nothing but fun
digger48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 02:21 PM   #7

I would love to make it to battle front and have some fun, I have slot cars I was racing there for a while to. I took the truck out with the 21.5 brushless today and it was a blast.
zgray19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 07:30 PM   #8
I wanna be Dave

BFG, I went there when everyone was planning to make it. I found out their comps are not lagit. No dig, no moa. No f'n way dude. I'm running a XR10. Need a serious course to crawl it. I may go there and try to give them pointers on verticals and side hills. I'm sorry to say it, but the first design of the course was a joke. I know what I said will get ppl from BFG on my ass, but oh well. I'm a guy that tells it as I see it. If I come to BFG just greet me with a good hand shake and roll your eyes. I just want to have fun and compete, so let the MOA guy compete. PLEASE.
Old 10-25-2010, 08:02 PM   #9

Lol well I don't care about Mao cuz I don't have anything to hang with that. I have a scale rig right now. One day when college is over I will build a comp rig for sure but not right now.
zgray19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 08:12 PM   #10
I wanna be Dave

Thats cool. Scaler classes would be sweet at BFG also. I am building a scaler next. Want to have my hand in everything.
Old 10-26-2010, 10:26 AM   #11
Pebble Pounder

Jeepkid,

Last fall and winter we had legit comps there. If you didn't have an MOA you didn't stand a chance. Hell, if you didn't have a Beetlejuice with Bully Axles you didn't stand a chance. The courses were so aggressive, anything less than BOMB proof was trashed. We even had Twisted Crawlers up from Detroit and managed to break some very nice Bergs.

The problem became, there was 5 of us who had super aggressive comp rigs. Two of us, spent all our time judging for 3 years. I personally setup a points series, where I was there at every comp, judged every truck, except my own. I didn't even get time to prep my truck between runs. Then our sponsor back out on us because we weren't getting enough guys to compete. For me, that was the end of competing at BFG. I loved doing it, but there just wasn't any interest in it. Plus after putting so much effort into a point series, only to have it thrown back in my face, I have little to no interest in competing.

Sure, I have my Bully. I still love to drive it. However, I do it for fun now. Not for points.

So... to some up, yea, in your case it sucks that BFG isn't dedicated to Comps. I can feel your pain. However, wait until winter and come out anyways. BFG is a good bunch of guys. The scalers have lots of fun. Hell, maybe you and I can have a MOA race on the indoor slash track. LOL.

This post in no way is ment to be a flame towards anyone or anything. The purpose is to show the history of where BFG was so you can see where BFG is going and why. I look forward to checking out you sweet MOA.
WyldWeazel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 10:30 AM   #12
Pebble Pounder

The other problem is... if you set rocks up to be a challenge climbing with a MOA, a shafty and scaler have nearly an impossible time enjoying those same rocks. The majority of the club now is running shafty or scalers, so you can see why our course has shifted.
WyldWeazel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 11:31 AM   #13
I wanna be Dave

Yeah, it cool I just remember what everyone was making it up to be and it was not. That pissed me off, Oh well. I will come down there though, want to have some fun. I got rid of some of my other rigs. All shaftys. And now have a MOA. I would say racing is not a good idea on a XR10. We will setup gates, and have a great time. When do you go to BFG. I also have a crawler club. We wrench and crawl for fun. My friend said that the way that I see lines and verticals that I should compete. That is the only reason why I see myself doing it, because my friends got my back.