Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Midwest > Michigan

Notices

Thread: New guy here

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2014, 09:59 AM   #1

Default New guy here

Hey everyone I've been doing full size rock crawling now for a while but not I'm interested in getting into rc crawling.

I bought a redcat super crawler a year ago just to mess around with and I'm ready to build something better.

My goal is to build something and come out with you guys for comps and some fun, my question is what kinds of rigs are you guys running so I can gauge what type I should build
Pelton54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-11-2014, 10:14 AM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Most guys/gals running axial scx10 or wraith as of right now there are a few others out that are proving to be good contenders but as far as parts support axial is the way to go.
slow1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 06:49 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

Default Re: New guy here

Welcome!

Seems like the scale G6 and trail runs are starting to take the place of the comp scene. Most of the local stuff going on around here is run with 1.9 class tires on an SCX Axial based truck. The 1.9 tires seem to be a good match with our local terrain due to the fact that the smaller tires give you more of a challenge on local trails and you can spend a lot less time and effort needing building obstacles for your rig.

2.2 comp class is winding down but still fun and competitive, just seems most people in the area have lost interest. Plus the fact that we have no place to crawl locally in winter.
BLKXJ 96 is offline   Reply With Quote

New guy here - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New guy guy here need helping choosing crawler Qcustomz Newbie General 10 09-23-2012 10:27 AM
New guy beernuts Newbie General 1 10-29-2011 11:41 AM
New guy from OH Byro Newbie General 1 03-22-2011 02:14 PM
r/c guy not computer guy. roscoeisthecool Comments, Suggestions, and Help 72 03-14-2010 01:09 PM