Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > Micro Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: What axles would fit?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2011, 06:35 PM   #1
Jer
Rock Crawler

Default What axles would fit?

I just picked these up at the goodwill. I don't have anything smaller than an axial axle. What axles might fit under them? The Pajero has a width of 4 1/2", and the Hilux is 5" wide. Thanks for any help

Good luck at the Goodwill
Jer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-10-2011, 07:09 PM   #2
Jer
Rock Crawler

Nobody knows the width of an axle that would fit?
Old 02-10-2011, 07:41 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

I just put a ruler on my Micro- the axles on them are about 3" wide. I think they'd be too narrow for those bodies, even w/ wheel wideners. Maybe ask in the general scale section, or the Mini section.
TexasJeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 07:43 PM   #4
Jer
Rock Crawler

Thank you for your reply.
Old 02-10-2011, 08:02 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Glad to. I only have Micro crawlers, so I don't have any other measurements to help ya with.
TexasJeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 01:42 PM   #6
Rock Stacker

You might want to look into the Miniqlo.
jaymillz517 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 10:57 PM   #7
RCC Addict

Hey Jer. I am in the same boat you are in. I have a body.... Secret body. That has a width of 4 9/16" so Im looking for an axle that will put the outside of oxf the wheels around 5 inches. I am looking into the RC4WD micro trex axles. Don't worry. They claim they are more for 1/18 to 1/20 scale bodys. The nano trex is the actual micro trex. With wheels and tires the micro trex should put me around where I want to be. But can't find much info on these axles. Notbad price tho at 50 each for full alum scale axles.
calikingcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 06:48 AM   #8
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by calikingcrawler View Post
Hey Jer. I am in the same boat you are in. I have a body.... Secret body. That has a width of 4 9/16" so Im looking for an axle that will put the outside of oxf the wheels around 5 inches. I am looking into the RC4WD micro trex axles. Don't worry. They claim they are more for 1/18 to 1/20 scale bodys. The nano trex is the actual micro trex. With wheels and tires the micro trex should put me around where I want to be. But can't find much info on these axles. Notbad price tho at 50 each for full alum scale axles.
have you tried looking at RC4WD website? I know for a fact they list the dimensions as well as the gear ratio. and if you search here there are 2 builds using them.
1 is a linderg grand Cherokee by green river the other is a moon buggy scratch build
spoo76 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 08:26 PM   #9
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoo76 View Post
have you tried looking at RC4WD website? I know for a fact they list the dimensions as well as the gear ratio. and if you search here there are 2 builds using them.
1 is a linderg grand Cherokee by green river the other is a moon buggy scratch build
........ Thanks man. Well aware of how the search button works tho. I have read both of those threads and been to the rc4wd site. They do show the dimensions as far as the axle and housing, but NEEDED to know the width with wheels. Got it covered tho. Another thing I couldn't find was link and shock mounts. GREENRIVER hooked me up with all the info I need.

... Tell me to use the search tool. WTF
calikingcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 09:23 PM   #10
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by calikingcrawler View Post
........ Thanks man. Well aware of how the search button works tho. I have read both of those threads and been to the rc4wd site. They do show the dimensions as far as the axle and housing, but NEEDED to know the width with wheels. Got it covered tho. Another thing I couldn't find was link and shock mounts. GREENRIVER hooked me up with all the info I need.

... Tell me to use the search tool. WTF
umm i dont know what the attitude was about i simply asked if you checked the RC4WD website because you said you didn't find much info. i also told you there was 2 threads on this site using those axles.maybe you misread because i didn't tell you to search, or use the search tool but i didn't feel like searching for you and posting the links either.

sorry i wasn't a mind reader to know what wheels you are using to spoonfeed you info for your "secret" body

anyway since you say you have been to Rc4wd and know the axles have a Width of 82mm/3.2inch im sure you know your wheels and hexes will need to be pretty wide to make up that 5"
spoo76 is online now   Reply With Quote