Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > Micro Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: S-10/Sonoma Truggy

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-10-2011, 11:05 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default S-10/Sonoma Truggy

I'm turning my Losi Micro into a S-10/Sonoma truggy. Shooting for something along the lines of Xtreme 4x4's lime green truck. Won't be exactly like there's.

And here's what I got so far. The rear quarters might come in closer. And I haven't decided what to do with the front yet. Doveing the front would require cutting the front fenders off and after moving them in and reattaching them might not be the strongest. I could still modify the front the stretch the wheelbase some. But either way the front fenders will not be sectioned with the portion from the bed added in like they did. Wheelbase is already going to be a little long. Right now I'm still slowly cutting away to get the trans up as high as I want it and chop out as little as possible from the truck. Tires look smaller than what they got, don't remember the size they ran, but mine are a scale 38.5". Big enough. Enough jabbing, onto the pics. iPhone pics aren't the best but I couldn't find the digital camera. Opinions please.

maxxa87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-11-2011, 01:41 AM   #2

just for info Xtreme 4x4 s10 is rollin on 46's but it looks good
leroy94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 02:13 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

I guess a 1/25 would have been more accurate then since then it would make 48's but I like it the way it is. Then it would have been more accurate with the track width too. I got the trans and everything all mounted up. Mounted the servo but it's going to have to move. Not enough clearance with the axle. This is about as much as the trans can go in without really hacking the floor for drive shaft clearance. It still will have plenty of ground clearance and I will add more styrene to smooth it out so that it don't get hung up on everything.

Old 02-11-2011, 08:09 AM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Why would you need to cut the front fenders off to dove the nose? I just did the front on my Datsun build & I just cut out the radiator support area & narrowed that up to the width I wanted. Then I made a couple relief cuts on the fenders to let them pinch in, & with a lighter (not too close to the plastic) I heated up the area & bent the fenders in to match the narrowed radiator support. In my build thread I have a top view of what it looks like.

Yours is looking good- keep us updated!
TexasJeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 12:45 AM   #5

look great i have allmost every xtreme 4x4 on dvr if you have a ??? about the 1:1 but it is looking great
leroy94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 06:43 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Got a little but more done over the weekend. Didn't get too much time to work on it though and I get to go back to work this week so that cuts into it some too. Will probably be a slower build from here on out. Plus I might have to go get some more styrene rod for the cage. Got all the links made up. Trans might not be square though. I had to adjust the front links to square up the front axle. Now I need to figure out shock mounts. Rear is easy, just tie them into the rear cage. Front is gonna be kinda difficult. From frame is in the way. Don't want to hack it off cause the steering servo is going to be mounted to it. I also decided to narrow up the rear end some more.