Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > Micro Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: Redcat sumo help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2011, 08:14 AM   #1

Default Redcat sumo help

Has anyone tried to use a losi battery in the place of the 3a packs. If so how can i do this. Thanks for any help
Drummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-15-2011, 03:00 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

all you do is remove the AA battery tray and solder on the matching connector that your lipo has. just pay attention to the positive and negative wires
spoo76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 07:17 PM   #3

Thanks for advice has any one tried a losi trekker / redcat mix
What I am trying to do is use losi tranny with redcat front and rears and redcat esc but losi motor and losi battery to redcat dosent work even with the correct ends. It's like the tranny won't turn but it will still do all steering functions . Any suggestions
Drummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 07:46 PM   #4

Default sumo crawler mods

This is my first thread.
A few weeks ago I ordererd a sumo crawler and started moding it before an aaa battery hit the terminals. I cut and ground the battery trays to hold two 350 2s 7.4 lipos with a y connector. This was ok, but since that mod I am running one 7.4 on the front servo. I am also running aluminium wheels and super swampers. The weight of the wheels and taller tires are a much needed mod . The body is but ugly so I painted a hummer for my new ride. The added weight of the hummer body is not helpful, but it looks better.
One of my bigest problem with the sumo is torque twist. I have tried changing rod lengths and shock positions, its better but not great. The stock springs are stiff. My next mod is softer springs. This crawler needs more motor!!! I might try the sr120 mod motor for the blade sr120 copter. I will add some pic
Steve Q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 08:15 PM   #5

Default Re: Redcat sumo help

Well my Sumo Crawler is now has full bearings (21). I set the shocks in the most outward holes with factory soft springs. No more torque twist!!!! I also tried a losi micro crawler motor, but it wont work. I am thinking about using the top of an old standard servo for a transmission. I will let you know how that project goes.

have fun
Q
Steve Q is offline   Reply With Quote