Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > Micro Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: Smallest radio for an SCX24 carry kit

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-05-2020, 10:25 AM   #1

Default Smallest radio for an SCX24 carry kit

Hello,
So I am looking for some advice on a smaller radio for my deadbolt. I have a small ammo can that he deadbolt fits in absolutely perfectly that I want to use as my storage / carry kit.

The problem that I have is that the radio doesn’t fit in there and I want an all in one little kit that I can carry along.

I figured that there has to be smaller aftermarket radios available that I can buy correct?

Here is a picture of my carry kit now complete with an altoids tool / parts box and a almonds can which keeps the deadbolt elevated perfectly in the ammo can. Once I’m finished with the nuts I plan on putting my charger and batteries inside.

https://imgur.com/a/iSh926C

Last edited by Creepincrawlin; 10-05-2020 at 10:30 AM.
Creepincrawlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-05-2020, 11:33 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Smallest radio for an SCX24 carry kit

For portability I really like the Turbo Racing controllers. They first showed up with the HobbyPlus trucks, and are now available separately as well as with many other RTR rcs. The grip with the battery unclips from the actual electronics. They are available all over eBay, amazon, and typical places by searching Turbo Racing
However you'll need an aftermarket ESC once you upgrade to a separate receiver and transmitter transmitter.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
spoo76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2020, 06:18 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoo76 View Post
For portability I really like the Turbo Racing controllers. They first showed up with the HobbyPlus trucks, and are now available separately as well as with many other RTR rcs. The grip with the battery unclips from the actual electronics. They are available all over eBay, amazon, and typical places by searching Turbo Racing
However you'll need an aftermarket ESC once you upgrade to a separate receiver and transmitter transmitter.

Thanks. This might be exactly what I need but I’m going to have to do some maths to see if I can make it work.

I was hoping for something really micro but that might not exist?
Old 10-05-2020, 06:35 PM   #4
Pebble Pounder

I don't use the stock charger lol so I just throw my stuff in a duffle little gym duffle. I actually spend like 2 hours at home depot a couple of days ago contemplating various tool boxes to carry it around in but ended up just getting a little organizer thing for parts instead.
GuyOverThere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2020, 07:45 PM   #5

Organizing all these little bits and pieces is actually some of my favorite parts of this hobby!

Now I’m getting obsessed with trying to find a remote to fit this little case; it’s just too perfect (with stock tires anyway) a fit.
Old 10-05-2020, 07:53 PM   #6
Pebble Pounder

I might suggest a tackle box then.
GuyOverThere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2020, 10:24 PM   #7
Rock Crawler

I think I would forget the ammo box and look for something that the Deadbolt & it's controller would fit in. I'd look at gun cases then you'd have foam padding for the tx and truck.
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2020, 10:29 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gramps View Post
I think I would forget the ammo box and look for something that the Deadbolt & it's controller would fit in. I'd look at gun cases then you'd have foam padding for the tx and truck.

That’s not a bad idea because of the foam. I’ll check Amazon.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 10-06-2020, 07:59 AM   #9
I wanna be Dave

Check out pelican cases, or their cheaper harbor freight version
Gula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 08:37 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gula View Post
Check out pelican cases, or their cheaper harbor freight version
I will definitely take a look, thanks!
Old 12-13-2020, 02:02 PM   #11
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoo76 View Post

I was just wondering why no one offered a small transmitter. This is exactly what I want for the ability to toss in a backpack with the small SCX24.
Stomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2020, 07:21 PM   #12
Hal
Quarry Creeper

I think you are the first person I know of that wanted a smaller transmitter. All of my friends that I crawl with want full size radios. We all have big hands. I know I can not use a little controller like my grandsons like, I need a full size or I get cramps in my hands driving. I have a pelican case and it works great. I set up the foam to fit the Deadbolt, radio, and all its gear. I have a full size charger and some spare parts. There is also plenty of space for a full set of spare tires and if I do a lift kit it will still fit.
Hal is offline   Reply With Quote

Smallest radio for an SCX24 carry kit - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Smallest pinion on kit tranny? QuesoDelDiablo Axial SCX10 II 14 01-09-2018 10:39 PM
smallest radio for a kid to use??? airdreams1 Electronics 13 05-10-2014 11:29 PM
Does anyone here Open carry or have their concealed carry the_ocho Nevada 1 04-23-2012 10:30 PM