Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > Micro Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: Panda Hobby 1/18 6x6 Trucks

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2021, 10:17 AM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default Panda Hobby 1/18 6x6 Trucks

Hi,
couldn't find a thread about those new trucks?
If there is any, sorry.

Hi,
found those on Amainhobbies, not yet on Panda Hobbies website, pictures from Amain.com.

Tetra K1 6x6 in black and red, Tetra X1 6x6 in blue, silver and black

Interesting, probably because of the big success of the awsome FMS/Rochobby Atlas 6x6.

Walter
donaldsneffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-06-2021, 01:07 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Panda Hobby 1/18 6x6 Trucks

Nice find. Do you think these are on the same chassis at the Atlas?

If so, I'd be interested in hearing how they accomplish this:

"...Stealth like driving experience - engineered to be ultra-quiet as you explore the outdoors..."
OnTheTrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2021, 11:40 AM   #3
Rock Crawler

Its definitely not the Atlas chassis in the pictures.
Shape_Shifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2021, 09:30 AM   #4

I just received the X1 6x6. I think Panda Hobby did a good job with this crawler. You get a lot of truck for what you pay for.

Pros:
- Oil shocks
- Functional 1.25 beadlocks. The end caps are plastic, but the ring is alum. You can add lead tape around the rings to increase wheel weight for a cheap & effective mod.
- Nice quality lexan body.
- Headlights on CH3 switch on transmitter + automatic brake and reverse lights.
- Clean layout.
- The esc is better than the previous version. More low end sensitivity (but still not great because of the motor turns).

Cons:
- Tires are too hard. Foam inserts are too large. Need to cut them aggressively to make the tires softer. I don't suggest removing entirely, since it makes the tire walls collapse too easily. I cut deep "teeth" into mine to make it look like a gear.
- Front tires run against the shocks at full steering rates. Add a small washer on the front tires for more offset.
- Rear tires rub against the fenders when articulating. Trim the ends off the rear fenders and leave only the middle portion.
- Motor is too fast. A higher turn motor (80T or higher) would have been a better choice for more torque.

Overall, the cons are minor, and the chassis itself seems to be very capable right from the start. It has a lot of potential if you can add some weight down low, and find a good set of tires. Keep in mind the stock tires are taller than most 1.0 tires, so you'll be limited in choices, or just have to live with smaller tires if you drop down to 1.0 beadlocks.

Last edited by rschoi_75; 05-15-2021 at 09:33 AM.
rschoi_75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2021, 12:11 AM   #5

I can't seem to get the wheels off mine. They seem to be on the hex like glue. Any ideas? Am I missing something?
StandupPhil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2022, 09:05 PM   #6
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by rschoi_75 View Post
I just received the X1 6x6. I think Panda Hobby did a good job with this crawler. You get a lot of truck for what you pay for.

Pros:
- Oil shocks
- Functional 1.25 beadlocks. The end caps are plastic, but the ring is alum. You can add lead tape around the rings to increase wheel weight for a cheap & effective mod.
- Nice quality lexan body.
- Headlights on CH3 switch on transmitter + automatic brake and reverse lights.
- Clean layout.
- The esc is better than the previous version. More low end sensitivity (but still not great because of the motor turns).

Cons:
- Tires are too hard. Foam inserts are too large. Need to cut them aggressively to make the tires softer. I don't suggest removing entirely, since it makes the tire walls collapse too easily. I cut deep "teeth" into mine to make it look like a gear.
- Front tires run against the shocks at full steering rates. Add a small washer on the front tires for more offset.
- Rear tires rub against the fenders when articulating. Trim the ends off the rear fenders and leave only the middle portion.
- Motor is too fast. A higher turn motor (80T or higher) would have been a better choice for more torque.

Overall, the cons are minor, and the chassis itself seems to be very capable right from the start. It has a lot of potential if you can add some weight down low, and find a good set of tires. Keep in mind the stock tires are taller than most 1.0 tires, so you'll be limited in choices, or just have to live with smaller tires if you drop down to 1.0 beadlocks.

So, I know you have been off the site for quite awhile, but if you log back on, please let us know how this rig is still doing.

I am considering pulling the trigger on one. I think I need another little 6x6 in the stable and already have an Atlas.
AK KRAWLER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2022, 10:33 PM   #7

I'm glad to see someone trying to talk about these little trucks. I picked one up a few weeks ago and it's been a blast. Trimming the body was absolutely necessary, the middle axle would catch like crazy on the front of the fenders. Flipping the front bumper mount takes 5 minutes, it's only 8 screws and it just unbolts and bolts right back in upside down, very worth it. I do need to add some weight to the front and to modify the tire foam for a bit better grip.

Has anybody here tried 3S batteries or know if these motors and ESCs can handle it in stock form?

Last edited by Rontalvos; 03-01-2022 at 10:35 PM.
Rontalvos is offline   Reply With Quote

Panda Hobby 1/18 6x6 Trucks - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Panda Hobby Tera X1 Shape_Shifter Micro Scale Rigs 114 04-16-2021 07:07 AM
Panda Hobby Tetra K1 Power Wagon AK KRAWLER Micro Scale Rigs 3 04-29-2020 10:58 PM
Has this been seen, panda hobby Frank211 Micro Scale Rigs 3 03-31-2020 11:44 AM
Panda Hobby Tetra K1 (New) Shape_Shifter Micro Scale Rigs 4 01-11-2020 11:44 AM
Panda Hobby Sport Tetra K1 Unclelee Micro Scale Rigs 5 01-08-2020 09:57 PM