Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > Micro Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: Which Spur/Pinion for SCX24 Brushless?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-10-2021, 01:16 AM   #1

Default Which Spur/Pinion for SCX24 Brushless?

What would be the difference of using the Yeah racing set instead of the Furitek Set for a brushless set up with a Surpass Motor?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Red Dirt Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-10-2021, 01:59 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Which Spur/Pinion for SCX24 Brushless?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Dirt Road View Post
What would be the difference of using the Yeah racing set instead of the Furitek Set for a brushless set up with a Surpass Motor?

The HR and yeah racing kits are for stock motors as far as I know.

And Im not sure about the furitek one.

But I used a HR 0.5 mod 1/8th bore pinion commonly found on ebay. you need 1/8th aka 3.175mm shaft pinion. Just search for Hot racing 0.5 mod pinion. HR typically says 1/8th bore. You need that one if you have a .0.5 mod spur.

And you will need the HR spur gear. OR any spur gear that is 0.5 mod too.
BIGW0RM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2021, 08:41 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Which Spur/Pinion for SCX24 Brushless?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Dirt Road View Post

If i am remembering correctly, isnt stock gearing 12 or 14t pinion/60tspur? Or am i mixing things up? Lol. Regardless, from the above pics...seems YR has 11t pinion, and 55t spur, furitek has 12t pinion, and unless i missed it...no spur T count??
So ..there's that difference, albeit may not amount to much out on the rocks, i personally run the HR pinion, 14t? I believe?? Dude, i JUST left the workbench for the night .

RC world is not quite as critical, however ..in 1:1 cars, often it is WAYYYYY more effective, and a HUGE difference in overall experience.....but generally you do NOT want to mix and match too many (if any) brands when you performance-mod your car. As, well DCSports' stuff is r&d'd with, you guessed it, More DCSports stuff! To my knowledge, there are no two performance companys working together to develop the worlds best fart can muffler/and/or ECU Tune. It can be done, but i personally find it to be a huge bottleneck as far as time spent testing/tuning/fixing goes...that being being said grab a furitek conv. Kit. And let us all know what you think!!

Read-Up! Mod-On! Crawl EXCESSIVELY!
23drumerboy is offline   Reply With Quote

Which Spur/Pinion for SCX24 Brushless? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sourcing SCX24 spur gear help hnoroian Micro Scale Rigs 1 11-19-2020 11:56 AM
Scx24 Metal pinion and spur bryan.hamm0nd1981 Micro Scale Rigs 4 02-06-2020 05:39 AM
SCX24 Motor Pinion? BIGW0RM Micro Scale Rigs 24 10-01-2019 12:59 PM
What pinion/spur for 3400kv brushless? e32lover Newbie General 8 10-03-2015 11:38 PM
need help properly mesh pinion and spur also suggestions on brushless setup bro_die Axial SCX-10 0 02-22-2011 04:55 AM