Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > Micro Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: Injora 1.0 Crawler "Super Swamper Rock Tyre"

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-20-2021, 11:36 PM   #1
RCC Addict

Default Injora 1.0 Crawler "Super Swamper Rock Tyre"

Got a set of these the other day to try out. I flat wore out a set of RC4WD MT/Rs on my SCX24 and in the interest of science decided to see if a tire that costs roughly half as much was even half as good. The tread is a direct knock-off of the Proline Hyrax, nothing remotely Super Swamper about them despite the name.

Immediate first impression is that the rubber is definitely not as soft as the latest RC4WD stuff for sure, more comparable to their X3 compound. The carcass of the tire itself is much stiffer than the MT/R too. The included foams are rock hard like most 1.0 tires. I mounted them on my SSD beadlocks and stuffed them with Crawler Innovations soft foams, tires are vented through one 1/16" hole.

On the rocks the stiffness is noticeable, took a pack or two to start breaking in and actually conforming to the rocks. The stiff sidewall is nice as it doesn't roll over on itself. The stiffness and squared off profile doesn't steer quite as nice but they climb everything I've done with any of the other tires I've put on this truck, though not always with the same finesse. They'll hit a few lines that I wasn't making before

For $12, they're not bad at all, definitely an upgrade over stock, and nearly as good as the RC4WD tires I've run on this truck (MT/Rs and KM3s). Makes me really wish that Proline would make a real 1.0 Hyrax.

Last edited by Trike Kid; 07-20-2021 at 11:38 PM.
Trike Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-21-2021, 07:05 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Injora 1.0 Crawler "Super Swamper Rock Tyre"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trike Kid View Post
Got a set of these the other day to try out. I flat wore out a set of RC4WD MT/Rs on my SCX24 and in the interest of science decided to see if a tire that costs roughly half as much was even half as good. The tread is a direct knock-off of the Proline Hyrax, nothing remotely Super Swamper about them despite the name.

Immediate first impression is that the rubber is definitely not as soft as the latest RC4WD stuff for sure, more comparable to their X3 compound. The carcass of the tire itself is much stiffer than the MT/R too. The included foams are rock hard like most 1.0 tires. I mounted them on my SSD beadlocks and stuffed them with Crawler Innovations soft foams, tires are vented through one 1/16" hole.

On the rocks the stiffness is noticeable, took a pack or two to start breaking in and actually conforming to the rocks. The stiff sidewall is nice as it doesn't roll over on itself. The stiffness and squared off profile doesn't steer quite as nice but they climb everything I've done with any of the other tires I've put on this truck, though not always with the same finesse. They'll hit a few lines that I wasn't making before

For $12, they're not bad at all, definitely an upgrade over stock, and nearly as good as the RC4WD tires I've run on this truck (MT/Rs and KM3s). Makes me really wish that Proline would make a real 1.0 Hyrax.

These appear to be similar to the 1.9 knock-off hyraxes, as in consistently taller than most other tires out there? Curious if these 1.0's are indeed taller or if this is just the angles of your pic?

Example, the Goodyear MTRs are significantly taller than the stock tires, and even more so compared to the rocklox tires! Curious if these are even taller-than the mtr's??

Read-Up! Mod-On! Crawl EXCESSIVELY!
23drumerboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2021, 08:47 AM   #3
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23drumerboy View Post
These appear to be similar to the 1.9 knock-off hyraxes, as in consistently taller than most other tires out there? Curious if these 1.0's are indeed taller or if this is just the angles of your pic?

Example, the Goodyear MTRs are significantly taller than the stock tires, and even more so compared to the rocklox tires! Curious if these are even taller-than the mtr's??

They're a just a hair smaller than the MTRs, I'll grab a comparison picture this evening with these and the other tires I've got hanging around.
Old 07-21-2021, 08:31 PM   #4
RCC Addict

Injoras compared with MT/Rs, Rok Lox and stock C10 tires.

Old 07-22-2021, 05:06 AM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trike Kid View Post
Injoras compared with MT/Rs, Rok Lox and stock C10 tires.

Thats such a negligible difference, id say worth it! I loved the injoras on my TRX4 Sport! Still do! Hahaha.

23drumerboy is offline   Reply With Quote

Injora 1.0 Crawler "Super Swamper Rock Tyre" - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Interco TSL SX Super Swamper XL 2.2" VS Badlands 2.2" All Terrain le varan Axial Yeti 14 05-07-2015 10:41 AM
ROCK RACE WRAITH.prova gomme pro-line Interco TSL SX Super Swamper 2.2" gionata78 Scale Videos! 0 03-16-2013 01:06 PM
Interco TSL SX Super Swamper 1.9" G8 Rock Terrain XcrawlerkidX Tires and Wheels 8 02-04-2011 08:40 PM