Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > Micro Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: Murder yota 2.0

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-07-2022, 08:32 AM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default Murder yota 2.0

Welp I知 back on the yota train. Decided i wanted to do an updated version of my old losi yota that had 4ws. this was an absolute unit of a crawler. Had everything you needed including one of danallys stroker motors! I regret ever selling it and I hope it made it to a nice home.

I値l drop a few pictures of it below for the old timers here that remember it and I値l post what I have in the works in another post.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Slambaam is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-07-2022, 08:40 AM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Murder yota 2.0

Now for the updated version! Decided to drop 100 dollars on a Mazz cheat code chassis. Really expensive for whatever reason but it痴 a nice looking chassis. Definitely would of been worth the price tag if every hole was threaded and I didn稚 have to use the smallest nuts ever to get it assembled or take it completely apart to swap links out. Other then these complaints definitely a good chassis.

And on to the photos!

At the moment the body is just sitting. Took a little bit to trim it up and glue her together.

Tires just barely clear the body. I ordered some injora +4 axles and I think that値l do the trick. I知 not a fan of wide axles but I think if I grab some wheels with the right offset it値l look great!

Plan to fill this void with some tube work. Nothing to fancy. I want to keep the body as light as possible.

The straight axle here is just to get the body lined up where I want it to be. I値l be swapping this axle out for 4ws steering once the new axles arrive!

Still some sanding and filling to do on the glue lines. I may chop a few mms out and dove it a little more but we shall see.

Stay tuned!

Old 07-07-2022, 11:11 AM   #3
Rock Crawler

Looks pretty tough man, both of them!!!
AK KRAWLER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2022, 07:00 AM   #4
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK KRAWLER View Post
Looks pretty tough man, both of them!!!

Thanks man! I think the hardest part for any build is having a vision of what you want because we all know shit hits the fan as soon as you pull that knife out!

Old 07-12-2022, 07:15 AM   #5
Rock Crawler

Got a little bit of progress over the weekend!

I ended up having to redo the pinch for the cab. Once the body was on the chassis, the nose was pulling hard into the driver side wheel even though the cab was perfectly aligned on the chassis. I clearly messed up my measurements when chopping the hood.

To fix this issue I ended up separating the hood from the body and resanded/reshaped the hood on both sides which was a pita. I managed to get it done with out damaging anything thankfully and it allowed me to bend the fenders in at the same angles. Looks much better even though the pictures aren稚 showing it!

Old 07-12-2022, 07:27 AM   #6
Rock Crawler

Part 2 of weekend update!

Also managed to remove the chrome from the grill and the tail light inserts, the grill cut and mounted and some tube work done in the bed!

The cuts for the grill ended up being sloppy which is upsetting but I値l fill the gaps and sand it down to get it perfect.

Even with the sloppy cuts it did mount perfectly onto the body!

Has a pretty good stance at the moment. I had the axle clocked back prior to this picture but it was giving me some issues so I decided to level it out. I値l see how she does and go from there.

Some of you might recognize these tubes and fuel cell! I値l let you figure out where they came from. I still have some work to do in here. The front portion right under the window still needs to be glued in place and the gaps need to be filled to connect the whole cage.

The fuel cell will have a cooler attached to the rear of it once the new set up arrives. Wanna hide as much as I can of the open bed!

Stay tuned!

Murder yota 2.0 - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Would you commit murder? rnpnick Chit Chat 59 03-20-2013 02:41 PM
Wraith Murder wallaz Scale Videos! 1 08-06-2011 09:05 PM
Casey Got away with murder CREEPERBOB Chit Chat 80 07-09-2011 09:24 AM
MURDER on the ROCKS in AZ!! cars69 Videos! 14 02-15-2008 11:52 PM