Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > Micro Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: Injora Tarantula VS Meus Ripper for the TRX4m

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-27-2023, 12:42 AM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default Injora Tarantula VS Meus Ripper for the TRX4m

My hope was to make some obvious distinctions between my twin sons' TRX4ms. So for one son I bought and installed the Injora Tarantula cage.

Once his brother saw it, he wanted a roll cage too. I looked around and found the Meus Ripper cage, and he liked the look of the headlights.

So now they look pretty similar again. But at least I can review both cages for you guys.

The Injora cage doesn't look as good to me. The Meus looks more like an Ultra 4 car while the Injora cage looks like a rock buggy. I just prefer the Ultra 4 look.

The instructions for the Meus Ripper are pretty poor. You pretty much have to figure it out yourself. The instructions for the Injora are very helpful.

Both cages work with all of the stock TRX4m components. Both cages needed holes cut in the hood panel to clear the steering servo. Both cages come with everything you need, including hardware to complete the build.

The Meus cage feels weaker than the Injora. Once I had the Meus cage put together, my first thought was "crap, now my son can't bash his TRX4m quite as hard." I never thought that with the Injora cage. Hopefully over time the Meus Ripper proves just as strong.

The Injora includes a lightbar. The Meus cage doesn't. But if you buy a lightbar for the Meus cage, you also get headlights.

These photos are completely stock TRX4ms, except for the cages. The Meus Ripper comes with an interior that I didn't install. The interior would have to be removed and reinstalled with every battery change, unless you modify it.

First up, the Injora Tarantula:

And now the Meus Ripper:

Fallen is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-27-2023, 01:59 AM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: Injora Tarantula VS Meus Ripper for the TRX4m

Good comparison. There is a meus horizontal servo mount for that chassis. I don't remember but i thought there was one in the kit.
I wasn't satisfied with the available articulation so modded mine by extending shock mounts.

Sent from my LG-V521 using Tapatalk
Ynad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2023, 03:02 AM   #3
Rock Crawler

There was a horizontal servo mount included in the Meus kit. It looked like I needed to cut the old servo mounting tabs off of the axle, to make the horizontal mount work? Is that right? Once again, the Meus instructions don't answer many questions.

I was just worried about making any permanent mods to stock parts, when I hadn't tested out the Meus cage yet.
Old 08-27-2023, 07:14 AM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Thanks for the info i was looking at both of them and got the injora mini bomber cage
Not having a trx4m to start with I'm still waiting on parts and I really don't have a understanding of what's all going to the weres so it's nice to see one finished and it looks pretty good too
I have parts on order but damb these little guys are supposed to be cheaper to build damb it but there not so my build is gonna be another slow year long adventure lol
ferp420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2023, 10:27 AM   #5
Rock Crawler

Update for the Meus Ripper:

My son has been abusing it just as he did with his Bronco body. It's been just as tough, and nothing has broken.

If you install the headlights into the Ripper cage, you'll want to add a drop or two of CA glue to hold them in. It's just a tension fit, that doesn't hold up under hard impacts and they fall out.

And fortunately for my wallet, I only have these TRX4ms for my 5 year olds. If I had one for me, it's would quickly be the same price as a 1/10 scale build. There's so many damn options for these things!

Last edited by Fallen; 08-28-2023 at 10:30 AM.
Old 08-28-2023, 11:21 AM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallen View Post
There's so many damn options for these things!
That's the truth, the aftermarket literally exploded. I picked up a Tarantula chassis, but there were about 20 others to choose from.
OSRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2023, 11:08 AM   #7
I wanna be Dave

Both look great and thanks for the side by side comparison, I like the Meus Ripper look better but they are both nice! Meus does include the laydown/sideways servo mount and yes you have to cut half of the stock servo mount ears off the front axle housing to install it, easy to do and lower CG for sure.
Natedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2023, 07:49 PM   #8
Rock Crawler

Thanks for the servo mount info. I'll probably use it then, as my son killed his servo and we need to replace it. Now that we know the cage is strong, I don't mind making permanent mods to stock parts.

Injora Tarantula VS Meus Ripper for the TRX4m - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Injora Light Bar on a TRX4M sji-trx4 Micro Scale Rigs 4 04-04-2023 01:44 AM
Scx24 in Meus Racing Ripper Chassis mikeyd5051 Micro Scale Rigs 6 02-28-2023 12:46 PM
1.9" Tarantula ring in black! Locked Up Vendors Tires and wheels 0 04-22-2017 10:40 AM
1.9" Tarantula ring in black! Locked Up Locked Up RC 0 04-22-2017 10:38 AM
any tarantula owners out there vonclod Chit Chat 19 09-19-2012 11:27 PM