Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Midwest > Minnesota

Notices

Thread: Snowcrawl Series #5!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2015, 01:56 AM   #1

Default Snowcrawl Series #5!

HEY Y'ALL! I shoulda posted this up as soon as #4 was in the books, but I didn't. I did mention it in the post announcing #4, but...

Anyway, Sunday March 8th at 12:00pm, we're gonna tackle the course again. Locktite your hardware, charge up your batteries, put on your heavy boots and coats and drag your rigs over!

For those of you that didn't make the last one, there are a few new elements, and the difficulty went up! If I can get some volunteers, I'm going to redo the rockpile...the current configuration is pretty tough to make more than one line with a 1.9, and only around 3 lines with the 2.2s. Any takers?

Last time we ran the course both directions, and I think that'll be the plan for this time, too. We may even have some snow to play in, if you have waterproofed rigs!

Hope to have a good turnout, everyone's invited, bring your buddies!
Orange58Crush is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-03-2015, 06:36 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Snowcrawl Series #5!

I'm there! When are you planning on redoing the rock pile? I may be able to come help Friday night or a little Saturday. But I do want to make a lot of progress on the new bouncer build, so that's where most of my time will be going.
SuperDrty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 02:03 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

I'm there. Maybe the yeti will be running again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
dna4engr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 04:44 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

I'm going to do my best to make it.

If I had no bad luck... I would have no luck at all.

Got a new to me ESC and motor and had it sitting on my bench. Last night at about 10:30 the wife and I were heading off to bed and I went down stairs to make sure the garage door was locked. As I go down the stairs I hear rushing water..... Yup... A busted pipe... Water gushing everywhere.... And coming out of the bulk head right above the bench.
My Lipo's, Charger, new ESC and motor.... All sitting there while water was flowing over it all. .

Not sure if I am going to plug in the charger and batteries to see what happens or not.
msd44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 05:35 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by msd44 View Post
I'm going to do my best to make it.

If I had no bad luck... I would have no luck at all.

Got a new to me ESC and motor and had it sitting on my bench. Last night at about 10:30 the wife and I were heading off to bed and I went down stairs to make sure the garage door was locked. As I go down the stairs I hear rushing water..... Yup... A busted pipe... Water gushing everywhere.... And coming out of the bulk head right above the bench.
My Lipo's, Charger, new ESC and motor.... All sitting there while water was flowing over it all. .

Not sure if I am going to plug in the charger and batteries to see what happens or not.
Man that sucks. I'd stick everything in bags of rice and let them dry out a bit before turning anything on
Old 03-03-2015, 07:54 PM   #6

WOW, man, that is bad luck. What Derek said, uncooked rice will suck the moisture out of that stuff...don't risk releasing the magic smoke until you've given the stuff a chance to dry out. Coffee grounds do well, too.

Cmon over anyway, you can run my junk.
Old 03-04-2015, 04:41 AM   #7
Rock Crawler

Thanks Phil! Either way... I will most definitely be there!
Old 03-04-2015, 11:12 AM   #8

The roc,k rearrangement will be on Saturday afternoon, after the heater has had a chance to do it's magic. Anyone who'd like to help is welcome!

The forecast is pretty good, too, so there'll probably be a trail run, too. Bring your outdoor rigs and your muck boots, it'll be a little sloppy, I'm guessin'!!
Old 03-06-2015, 06:48 PM   #9
Rock Crawler

So, after 48 hours in rice.... My lipo charger is shot. The ESC came alive....for a short period and went out. Not sure if it's the ESC or the battery that died. Grr...

Last edited by msd44; 03-06-2015 at 08:50 PM.
Old 03-06-2015, 10:22 PM   #10
Rock Crawler

Hey Mitch don't worry about batteries. Most of us have plenty. Do you run deans connectors?
Old 03-07-2015, 05:00 AM   #11
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by dna4engr View Post
Hey Mitch don't worry about batteries. Most of us have plenty. Do you run deans connectors?

Yes sir!
Old 03-07-2015, 08:26 AM   #12
Rock Crawler

Gotcha covered. 3S, 800mah to 5000mah. 2S, 5000mah. What's your poison.
Old 03-07-2015, 02:48 PM   #13
Rock Crawler

Well... It appears the Plummer didn't fix the issue. Water coming down yet again........
Old 03-07-2015, 04:23 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by msd44 View Post

Well... It appears the Plummer didn't fix the issue. Water coming down yet again........
Is it plumbing or fire sprinkler?
Kurtsara1800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 04:38 PM   #15
Rock Crawler

It's plumbing. The owner had his guy out Tuesday last week. Said it was a blocked pipe coming out of the upstairs toilet. Snaked it, and said everything was fine. Apparently not.
What concerns me more is where they cut the drywall out to get the pipes, there was a lot of black mold. I have a feeling if we dive deeper.... There will be a ton more.

But of course the land lard went to Mexico for the week, and left me no emergency contact... :(
If I owned this place I would be pissed. But we rent... We should have looked harder for a better place when we came for our short house hunting trip.
Old 03-07-2015, 07:36 PM   #16

Man, that is some bad luck! If good batteries don't do the trick tomorrow, you're welcome to run Clyde as if he was your own. You're also welcome to run Willy, but I'll have to take him back for the trail run.

And, there's an state organization called Tenants Union that can educate you on your rights as a renter regarding the mold. If you have trouble connecting with them, let me know and I'll do my best to hook you up.
Old 03-07-2015, 07:56 PM   #17

So, y'all, Dana, Greg, and Derek came by today and we rearranged the rocks. The 1.9's shouldn't have as much trouble as last time on one area of the rocks, and the 2.2's will (hopefully) have to work a little harder in one area. The course routing will depend on the number of attendees.

Since the weather is gonna be damn nice, we're planning on a trail ride after the course running. Be aware that you'll need waterproof footware, and they should be at least over-ankle, if not mid-calf or knee high. We'll be driving/walking thru lots of brush, snow, mud, last year's leaves, and the occasional dog bomb, so be prepared. The trail run will probably last at least 2.5 hours, so bring as many batteries as you have. Bring your charger, too, so you can top off before we take off. Vid cams are a GREAT idea!!

Hope to see a goodly number of ya's!!
Old 03-07-2015, 08:14 PM   #18
Quarry Creeper

Kremmer's had 2 more of the 1300 3-cells I run in Stubby, so now I have 4 batteries for it, now I just need to swap that knuckle out, and add screws and super glue to it and Farm Truck, haha.
Old 03-07-2015, 08:43 PM   #19
Rock Crawler

Looks like I may be missing out. I gotta hang here at the house and wait for the Plummer to show... Sometime between 11 and 5. Turns out.... Not a lot of love from plumbers on a Sunday!
Old 03-07-2015, 08:44 PM   #20
Rock Crawler

Btw: tanks for info and offer(s) Phil!

Snowcrawl Series #5! - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Winter Snowcrawl Series, v2.1 SIGNUP Orange58Crush Minnesota 34 02-25-2015 09:39 PM
Winter Snowcrawl Series v2.4 Orange58Crush Minnesota 23 02-25-2015 08:44 PM
Winter Snowcrawl Series #3 grunt95 Minnesota 28 02-03-2015 09:24 AM
Winter Snowcrawl Series v2.2 SIGNUP Orange58Crush Minnesota 48 01-26-2015 06:50 PM
MN Snowcrawl Series dna4engr Minnesota 37 12-08-2014 08:12 AM