Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Midwest > Minnesota

Notices

Thread: Need Some Help Deciding

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-03-2016, 09:01 PM   #1

Default Need Some Help Deciding

I'm really looking forward to buying a vehicle soon, but I'm not sure what do go with. I really like the scale looks of the RC4WD rigs, the Toyota Cruiser is really pushing my buttons, but I realize that these do not perform as well as the SCX10, etc.
I'm ok with scale performance, but are there any events in Minnesota where the RC4WD rigs are used? I think a big plus of this hobby is the social aspect, but if no one is running the scale stuff, I may just go with a SCX10. Thoughts?
Brewboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-03-2016, 10:11 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Need Some Help Deciding

The scale aspect is a big big part of the hobby here. Look at the new scx10 II. It'll be going out of stock soon as it was just released but you'll be better off than a trail finder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
dna4engr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 10:15 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

Welcome to the MN Pages Brewboy. Don't hear much from many up around St. Cloud, although I am sure there are many scale trucks around there. Most of the events MNRCRC holds are known as Comps where the RC4WD's are some what less of a vehicle favorite, mostly SCX10's. Although the last event that was held down in Byron, MN was a trail event where the RC4WD's would be better suited. A couple more of those events are on the Schedule, one down at Rochester and the other up at Gladstone.
Also check out https://www.facebook.com/groups/195415420658459/ on Facebook, there is something almost always going on and being posted and are a great group to hang with. I know most of this is around the Twin Cities, but many of us will travel for good rock and location.
Bry73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 06:43 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Hey brewboy, what ever RC tuck vehicle you chose you'll fit into one of our classes. Either in our Trail G6/U4 weekends or the Comp weekends some folks do both.

If I was just staring out in crawling right now the new SCX10 II would be my first choice. its looking really promising and will probably dominate in the near future. The after market for this rig will be available almost immediately because its such a YUGE deal for the aftermarket manufacturers and suppliers.
Stormin2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 09:29 PM   #5

Well...I ordered up a RC4WD Cruiser kit. I just found myself leaning towards the more scale side. Are there local G6/U4 rules posted?
Brewboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2016, 11:33 AM   #6

Where does the Ascender fit into this discussion?

Sent from my LG-H740 using Tapatalk
nickunger2784 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2016, 10:32 PM   #7
Pebble Pounder

Ascenders fit very well, I have 2 of them, one set up for comp crawling and the other just for G6 style events. The good thing is now that the Ascender is getting some time with allot of different users and the aftermarket support is really finally starting to grow for it. So you won't be the only one on the trails with a Vaterra.
Bry73 is offline   Reply With Quote

Need Some Help Deciding - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Need help deciding Hydro-Tank Chit Chat 12 11-24-2011 12:14 PM
Hel with Lipo Chager/balancer set up, please. Zedrik Electronics 9 09-01-2010 08:24 PM
Need help deciding Crispychiknhead Axial AX-10 Scorpion 2 09-24-2008 08:57 PM
need a lil hel[p xxizzer421xx Electronics 4 04-11-2007 05:54 AM