Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Midwest > Missouri

Notices

Thread: Southern Missouri Crawlers

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-31-2008, 03:00 PM   #1

Exclamation Southern Missouri Crawlers

Anyone from southern mo around the Lake Of The Ozarks, i'm planning on haveing a gtg to test out some crawler spots around lake Pom de Teere, Thats where I always run, and i'm working on a benefit crawl for a friends son. He has autizem and an attachment dissorder. My friend is tryin to send her son to a camp to help with these dissorders. But I don't know the best spot to have the crawl. So i'm thinking, of haveing a gtg this weekend, or next weekend. If anyone would like to help me scout the land for the best spot for 2.2s, 1.9s, and scalers. (some places you can even run unlimteds) i'd appresheat the help.

When the event is set up anyone who helps scout will have the $5 entry fee waved. Rember the $5 per truck intry fee is donated at the end of the day to my friend Trish. Now if theres a big enoff turnout with pre registering people, we may have a vender and some rc stuff donated. Still in the works of this project. Already talked to the local hobby shop and the guy sounds intrested in the project.

The benefit crawl will be sometime in the next 2 months. I'll set up a preregistery 3 weeks befor crawl set date.

Back to point at hand tho, what I need, are local or, if you feel like driveing, people to help me scout the best crawl locashon. Theres a bunch and i've narowed down my favoret spots. WITCH HAVE PLENTY OF PARKING!!! Also a place for flat track dirt race trucks/cars, and a basket ball cort for drift raceing, or street raceing, and ALSO a nice place to have drags.

Let me know if anyone is intrested in helping out my cause. Thanks.
ThE_PuP_4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-01-2008, 06:10 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

I'm from Cole Camp Mo,so sure I am interested!
Hellbilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 10:18 PM   #3

Thanks Hellbilly for being interested and helping me find a place for the benefit crawl,I plan on scouting places saturday unless weather looks bad. Saturday the 7th @ Pomme De Terre Dam down by the overflow on park side around noonish. Anyone interested please contact me @ 1-417-399-6368 anytime between 10 a.m. and Midnight Friday the 6th or between 9 a.m. and 12:30 p.m. Saturday the 7th. Remember this is to scout a good crawl spot. :-P

-Rc Crawler classes-
Scale crawler-1.9,2.2/2.2 comp crawler/maybe even unlimited if terrain permits.

Last edited by ThE_PuP_4x4; 06-05-2008 at 10:24 PM.
Old 06-12-2008, 06:46 PM   #4

Talking

Found a nice spot but I keep poping driveshafts left and right on the front axel. Needless to say I got Ticked off, and left before getting some real crawl time. only problem is, EVERYWHERE is at an aingel and it is kind of a pain to run at the slops I have to choose from.

Anyone know how i could fix the driveshaft problem, new driveshafts, 5 minits run time, front one keeps popin off. thx

If problem is fixed I may go crawlin this weekend.
Old 06-13-2008, 05:42 AM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThE_PuP_4x4 View Post
Found a nice spot but I keep poping driveshafts left and right on the front axel. Needless to say I got Ticked off, and left before getting some real crawl time. only problem is, EVERYWHERE is at an aingel and it is kind of a pain to run at the slops I have to choose from.

Anyone know how i could fix the driveshaft problem, new driveshafts, 5 minits run time, front one keeps popin off. thx

If problem is fixed I may go crawlin this weekend.
Either you have weak shafts or to much droop. The more droop you have. When the shaft pulls farther apart it has less Splines to use. Try limiting your droop or stronger shafts. Revo's won't have that problem or the rc4wd ones.
run2jeepn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 11:47 AM   #6

Talking

thanks jason, i'll have to try that. I put a 35 t moto in it, and have had problems left and right, broke my last plastic yoke so i got steal yokes from sleeths, and then the driveshafts started popen off the yokes. New servo, broke the axel caseing, (2 new ones ordered). The truck is like 80% new, and i'm gonna sell everything! Excludeing the wheels/tires and servo. After I get the driveshaft problem fixed.
Old 06-14-2008, 06:11 AM   #7
I wanna be Dave

Are the driveshafts pulling apart or just breaking?

Might try lowering your gear ratio first.
run2jeepn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 10:53 AM   #8

The ears (tabs) that hold the yoke just spread apart and pop off. After the first pop, they were done, sliped a 12t out of my old xl5 i blew up, and they didn't snap off with my ratio. BUT I only ran it a few times and broke an axel stub. So when I get to the house i'm gonna strip out the 35t and put the ol 75 back in to see if it will last. Already ordered the Revo shafts. Might as well kill 2 birds with one stone.

The weird part about it, is the rear, WONT pop off the yoke, so i switched the truck around, put the servo on the rear and the lockouts on the front, truck still pops the shaft. Thought it might be angel, changed that, NOPE.

another thing i didn't understand was it never did it with the plastic yokes. it all started the day after i installed the steel yokes. Witch I got at sleeths.