Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > West > Montana

Notices

Thread: MTRCRC CLUB Planning

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2008, 03:57 PM   #1
I'm a stupid C U N T!

Default MTRCRC CLUB Planning

Ben and I have been discussing what our Ideas are for the club. What I think we came up with between us is, From seeing where and how many of us there are, we think that for now a single state wide club would be best. Right now there are about 2-3 people in every area, except here, and that having a "club" in each would be difficult to manage and organize.

What I was thinking is that for any comp that would be scored and recorded that there should be an announcement made to all MTRCRC members with ample lead time to plan travel.

The club would have no involvement with local get-togethers, as far as we're concerned their just practice and for having fun

The way I figured it, what we could do is:

When a local group wanted to have a "comp" they would propose it to the group and go from there. We would ask that you keep in mind that the comp site should be able to able to hold 10-15 people and that there should be parking, and enough terrain to run 3, 5-10 minute courses.

The club planning has always been done by Ben and I as we have been here the longest, and have been to, and hosted several comps and been Nationals as a competitor and visitor.

What I suggest is that we have a get together here in the near future and hash out a good plan for the club and how we want to run it

Please feel free to post you're opinions and tell us what you think.

Last edited by slobin3d; 01-12-2008 at 04:00 PM.
slobin3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-12-2008, 05:32 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

I concur.
I know there are more people in the Kalispell area that have crawlers from talking to the LHS, just a matter of getting the info to them. I haven't seen any of the guys that I know have them on this board. Maybe Steve would let me put a bulletin up in his shop, and try to get a li'l more organized. Sounds like the crawlers are out there just a matter of getting some together. Great to see some sort of action anyway.
JEracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 06:34 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

It's great to see you guys all chiming in. As the founder of the MTRCRC, I am very happy to see it growing. Slobin3d and I have been doing this club for over 2 years. I have qualified and competed at both of the USRCCA national events in Moab Utah. I have also competed in the Oregon, Idaho, Colorado, Utah and Northern California series. I have a pretty good idea on how the comps need to go. I am happy to help anyone who wants to learn, I think a " Shop " day or GTG for some planning would be great for all of us.

I look forward to meeting all of you.

moger, out...........
Unimoger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 07:01 PM   #4
I'm a stupid C U N T!

I can talk to Brian at the treasure chest in Missoula and see what he can do there
slobin3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 06:23 AM   #5

Ben,

How's Sunday the 27th looking for a gtg/shop day/organizational confab? I canceled (for a couple reasons) my race gig in Denver so it's freed up that weekend.

Scottrik
Scottrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 01:56 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottrik View Post
Ben,

How's Sunday the 27th looking for a gtg/shop day/organizational confab? I canceled (for a couple reasons) my race gig in Denver so it's freed up that weekend.

Scottrik
That will work out just fine, call me ahead of time to get directions.

Ben-
Old 01-13-2008, 03:08 PM   #7
Pebble Pounder

ditto, but Ben, some of us have no way to get ahold of you, for directions.
And if it's ok what about posting something in the LHS? What about a contact number on it for info and/or directions?
If 15 people call you to find out whats up is that gonna be a problem? I really wouldn't expect THAT many but who knows.

Last edited by JEracing; 01-13-2008 at 03:14 PM. Reason: more thoughts...
JEracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 03:32 PM   #8
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEracing View Post
ditto, but Ben, some of us have no way to get ahold of you, for directions.
And if it's ok what about posting something in the LHS? What about a contact number on it for info and/or directions?
If 15 people call you to find out whats up is that gonna be a problem? I really wouldn't expect THAT many but who knows.

you guys on here can PM me for my info, you are all welcome to come to the " shop" day. I will give you my contact info in private, do not need to post it on RCC please. You can post it at the LHS, that is just fine.
Old 08-18-2008, 09:00 PM   #9
I joined the Band!

BEN I'm new to the crawling but deffinitly want to get something rolling in billings with scott and hopefully a few other. If you don't mind let me know when your next crawls are I and my son jsut might be able to make your direction. I'm going to try to get with scott and the others in billings and try the rims out lots of parking and plenty of sand stone to crawl on just need to find a few good area's. Josh
007josh is offline   Reply With Quote