Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > West > Montana

Notices

Thread: Any Interest in a Billings Comp?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2010, 10:46 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Exclamation Any Interest in a Billings Comp?

Hey you Eastern MT guys. A lady that worked with my wife will be moving to Billings shortly, so the wife says "I told her we'd come over some weekend after they get moved".

I know money is tight for everyone, but would there be anyone else that would be interested in going over for a comp? Caleb used to live there and has talked about going to Billings before, but there hasn't been much talk on here from the Bozeman guys as of late.

I guess my questions are..................

1) Who would be interested?
2) Would Ben and everyone else want to go and have a MTRCRC series comp?
3) Anyone have pics and directions to the cool spots around Billings?

All I know is that I'm going to Billings sometime between now and summer and I'll be bringing my crawler cuz I ain't sticking around to decorate a house.
TruckerBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-18-2010, 10:55 PM   #2
www.team3sixrc.com

I know of plenty of places, but the truth is there isnt that many people here that crawl that often. I had planned last year to get people together and start a club, but there was just 2 takes at the time and I gave up. Like I have told many people, the area here is awesome because of the different types of rock formations on all ends of Billings. There are plenty of affordable hotels, places to comp, and things to do. Just a lack of a crawling group. hence the reason I go mostly out of state or up north to comp or scale.
team3six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 11:42 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Well, I'm bringing my crawler either way. I don't know if the Kalispell guys would want to come all the way out but if there's a little interest from the MT guys we could let the NoDak, SoDak and Wyo guys know about it and see if any of them would want to come.
TruckerBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 10:58 AM   #4
www.team3sixrc.com

well its like this, you posted it and yet i am the only one who responded. I would love to see a huge comp out here. I think when some people think billings its some western po dunk town or something like that. lol

hell we have an international Airport, (2) walmarts, a Cabella's, (2) water parks ((1) indoors at a hotel and (1) outdoor, And the world motorbike hill climb dew comps come here every year.
team3six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 12:24 PM   #5

there are 2 of us, possibly 3 just 1 hr south of billings. if you set something up, we'll be there. are you running comp or scale?
rcnutcase1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 01:31 PM   #6
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by team3six View Post
I think when some people think billings its some western po dunk town or something like that. lol

No comment
montana.matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 10:16 AM   #7
Pebble Pounder

Default ?????

most of US use pm's to respond - low post response doesn't = lack of interest.......

trucker - we have 5 regular 2.2 drivers that go out regularly and about 5 now-and-then'rs. so to answer your ???'s...

***yes there IS interest in crawl'n in the Billings area.....***

i sold 3 and built 1 crawler to be giving as xmas gifts...

right now there is a comp in the works later this summer during a heavy motorsports weekend - exposure will be high - however driver interest remains to be seen - will take time and commitment to bring drivers in....

we are put'n in the foot work - not want'n to look/appear to be chumps before we dive in......

anytime you/anybody is in Billings just call - MY TRAILER IS READY AT THE DROP OF A FLAG....

hackersracing@bresnan.net or 406-655-8140/406-855-9430

****ANYTIME ANYTIME ANYTIME****

laterz
hacker
hackersracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 09:02 PM   #8
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by team3six View Post
well its like this, you posted it and yet i am the only one who responded. I would love to see a huge comp out here. I think when some people think billings its some western po dunk town or something like that. lol

hell we have an international Airport, (2) walmarts, a Cabella's, (2) water parks ((1) indoors at a hotel and (1) outdoor, And the world motorbike hill climb dew comps come here every year.

Hey 3six...we have a skate park.....that the city wants to shut down..cause it causes teens to assemble and gather in one place.....you know what...so does all the high schools....so we shutting them done to??

just kiddin....Billing is a cool place, I would of thought there would of been more crawlers in your area..simply cause there are more people.

if I was there, I would be up for a gathering.....
squatch71 is offline   Reply With Quote