Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > Multi Axle Rigs

Notices

Thread: MRC MAN 6x6

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-17-2013, 03:33 PM   #21
Rock Stacker

Default Re: MRC MAN 6x6

with the dual steering axles turning at the same radius does it steer weird at all? i would think putting them at different throws would work better? i would also assume more rear weight would be helpful too? you have an odd setup and will be neat to see it in action. good luck!
dealwithit is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-19-2013, 11:09 AM   #22
rik
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dealwithit View Post
with the dual steering axles turning at the same radius does it steer weird at all? i would think putting them at different throws would work better? i would also assume more rear weight would be helpful too? you have an odd setup and will be neat to see it in action. good luck!
The steering seems to work just fine. It does need pan hard bars as there is a little bit of bump steer. As far as rear weight goes., I still have to do the bed and all the tube work. Still lots left to do lol. Thanks for the interest.
rik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 12:40 PM   #23

Very nice build, mate! I am in the middle of doing a Dakar style truck with a Bruder cab. I went a totally different route with a CC01 chassis (4x4), this chassis looks very good. Wish I had your resources ... and skills!
whit5ham_wannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 12:54 PM   #24
Rock Crawler

I'm practically speechless... what an awesome start to this. Props for using the Bruder crane

Just another example of great fab work here on RCC...

Cheers,
Doc
doc.hamilton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 03:16 PM   #25
rik
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by whit5ham_wannabe View Post
Very nice build, mate! I am in the middle of doing a Dakar style truck with a Bruder cab. I went a totally different route with a CC01 chassis (4x4), this chassis looks very good. Wish I had your resources ... and skills!
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc.hamilton View Post
I'm practically speechless... what an awesome start to this. Props for using the Bruder crane

Just another example of great fab work here on RCC...

Cheers,
Doc
thank you for the comments guys. i appreciate it

i'm sort of building as i go and trouble shooting along the way lol. so far it has been a very fun build. hopefully this week i will be picking up some styrene sheets and starting the bed and the cab that goes behind the bruder cab.
Old 02-19-2013, 04:04 PM   #26
Quarry Creeper

That's a pretty cool set up! Looking good.
baddman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 06:08 PM   #27
Rock Crawler

Great job so far rik, I can't wait to run with it
jmz6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 06:15 PM   #28
I wanna be Dave

Brilliant!
dezfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 03:55 PM   #29
rik
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by baddman View Post
That's a pretty cool set up! Looking good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmz6 View Post
Great job so far rik, I can't wait to run with it
Quote:
Originally Posted by dezfan View Post
Brilliant!
thanks guys. the comments mean a lot. however just to reiterate, jmz6 and dirty have been a HUGE aid in the building of this as this is my first multi axle rig. they have been guiding me in the right direction. without those two, there is no way this build would be where it is currently at. so again, a big thanks to jmz6 and dirty.

now onto a small update. i got the springs mounted on the shocks and the shocks themselves limited. my plan was to use mini-t springs, but that didnt work as planned. so i used four mrc pro springs up front and the rear is toting rtr mrc springs. shock travel is around 3/8". the rear is almost a half inch. any more as jmz6 pointed out, and as i found out first hand, is wasted. the drive shafts want to separate and the bump steer is just awful. blah blah onto the pics lol

yea, i really need to order some m3 hardware.

and a lil flex shot.

Last edited by rik; 02-20-2013 at 06:57 PM.
Old 02-22-2013, 04:07 PM   #30
rik
RCC Addict

i was going over this rig the other night and realized i missed something. something big. lol see if ya can spot it.

the pass thru axle

the front axle

did ya spot whats wrong?

yea, the pass thru has cvd's and the front has dog bones. dont know how i missed that. but it explains the lack of throw on the front axle lol. so i bought a set of cvd's. they arrived today and will be going in tonight.

i also picked up the styrene last night to start the cab behind the main cab and for the rest of the flat bed and advertising space. i hope to get started on templates tonight as well.

Old 02-22-2013, 09:19 PM   #31
rik
RCC Addict

i got the cvd's installed tonight. that took care of the lack of throw compared to the pass thru. i also started the flat bed and the cab/spare tire holder that goes directly behind the main cab. keep in mind this is my first time ever tackling something like this. i've worked worth styrene before, but never attempted anything like this. anywho onto the pics.

the bed

i wanted the spare tire mounts to be recessed into the cab, so i made a template of the sides. i used a pencil compass to make the circles where the spares mount. then started to hack away.

these are the side panels where the spares go.

added the back and checked for fit. meh, close enough.

i made two of those and then made the back and front of the cab.

keep in mind the cab is not mounted to the bed yet. it all does line up very well. the sides are flush with the sides of the bed. tho here its just thrown on there for pics and it slid around a little while moving it around.

driver side.

passenger side

and the inside. between the space inside of the rear of the main cab, this space in the spare cab, and the space inside the advertising space that i need to make yet, i will have plenty of room for elecs.

being that this is my first project, as i sit here, i see there are things that i could have done differently. the main one is the seam in the flat be just above the rear axle. that should have gone up towards the front. then it would have been hidden by the spare tire cab as dirty pointed out to me. though, by that time it was too late. the whiskey was flowin and the dremel spinning. oh well, there is always next time. besides, thats what body putty is for lol.
Old 02-24-2013, 09:33 PM   #32

Man this is looking better and better. Great work!
Mike_P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 06:29 PM   #33
Pebble Pounder

im collecting mrc parts as well to build a 6x6 ill be watching this close!!!!!
customforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 06:21 AM   #34

Subscribed.
I got 4 MRC axles. Building a comp rig atm, but when I'm bored with it, I will look here for inspiration
Treo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 07:22 AM   #35
rik
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_P View Post
Man this is looking better and better. Great work!
Quote:
Originally Posted by customforlife View Post
im collecting mrc parts as well to build a 6x6 ill be watching this close!!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treo View Post
Subscribed.
I got 4 MRC axles. Building a comp rig atm, but when I'm bored with it, I will look here for inspiration
thanks guys. this build took a slight turn in another direction as far as the bed goes. its still a flat bed, but not the same design as above. hopefully i will be doing some work on it tonight. pics later.
Old 05-04-2013, 09:28 AM   #36

Wow! Sweet Idea! Great Job!
OkieNightCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 12:20 PM   #37
mgb

Looks Great, that cab does look good on there, keep up the great work.
mgb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 09:43 PM   #38
I wanna be Dave

Back to work slacker. I want more pics.
Jslick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 06:23 PM   #39
rik
RCC Addict

here's how the 6x6 is as of now. made a few changes. the original bed that i built for it has been set aside. i decided to go with a simple flat bed with advertising space to cover up the battery and the motor. more of a trials truck. keep it simple. the bed is aluminum. its from a tamiya trailer. for one their tractor trailer things. it was way longer than i needed, so i milled it to the length needed. i also ditched the 1.9 slingers and the mrc wheels for 1.55 wheels that dirty gave me. they are on road wheels, but they are serving their purpose for now lol. the tires are 1.9 flat irons that i reduced to fit the 1.55 wheels. i think these tire are a little more correct in scale size for the truck. plus, the tread really sticks out and looks gnarly. i have to lower the cab tho. i also mounted up the elecs. its running a cc og sidewinder, a cc bec, 75t motor, a hitech 7954hs servo. with the exception of the 1300man 3s, all the elecs mounted underneath the bed in an organized fashion. i also did a pan hard on the front axle. HUGE improvement. i really need to make one for the pass thru axle. i have had it out a few times now, and she runs real good, other than needing the other pan hard. im having fun with it. pics.

the elecs from the side. you can really only see the heat sink on the esc and the motor wires.

the elecs underneath the flat bed

pan hard

so far, i've still been able to keep the "motor" from the Bruder toy the cab came from lol

also, the bed isnt attached to the rails in the pics. it does sit flush on the rails ;)

Last edited by rik; 11-04-2013 at 06:32 PM.
Old 11-05-2013, 04:09 PM   #40
Rock Crawler

Looks awesome rik, the truck looks great
jmz6 is offline   Reply With Quote

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/multi-axle-rigs/401589-mrc-man-6x6.html
Posted By For Type Date
Topic! Chuyên show, trao đổi, thảo luận, kinh nghiệm, Về Rock Crawling! - Page 130 - RCHobby365 This thread Refback 02-21-2013 12:11 PM

MRC MAN 6x6 - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
OLD MAN 52 First 6x6 old man 52 Multi Axle Rigs 62 03-01-2016 03:12 PM
Man Kat1 6x6 Trial truck. G-crawler Multi Axle Rigs 166 05-13-2014 10:21 AM
Scratch 6x6 trials **UPDATE.. Now MAN-KAT 6x6** dankycrawler Multi Axle Rigs 37 04-18-2013 02:09 PM
MAN 6x6 Wicked_Jester 1.9 Scale Rigs 9 10-30-2009 05:19 PM