Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > Multi Axle Rigs

Notices

Thread: A different scx10 based 6x6

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-15-2016, 03:57 PM   #1
RCC Addict

Default A different scx10 based 6x6

Well I guess not that different.

This build started when I got the idea to turn an scx10 into a 6x6. I already have one that's being turned into a quad cab, one with a toyzuki mount and 3 mips with a m37 body in the works (barely even started).

So I went to the lhs to pick up a cheap scx10 to start this build from. I was thinking about going with a jeep g6 kit so I'd have some upgrades to start with but decided to go for the rtr version, I mean for a small price difference and coming with a motor and esc, why not?

That night I took the entire rig apart so I could switch most of the hardware to stainless and start on the build.

I started the build the next day by building a temporary pass thru (the parts for the final one just arrived today) and used the rear links off the front motor scx10 on this. Then I decided to get the chassis extension ready and the aluminum plate cut and drilled to mount it to the chassis.

Once that was done I decided to make mine different than most of the ones on here, I'm already not using a tamiya body, but why not go front motor with rc4wd cms? With that idea the toyzuki mount, trans and cms came off as well as the axle (will get switched to g6 axle) and it all went onto the 6x6. Before putting in the cms though I mounted the stock axial brushed motor and pinion for power and kept the savox 1256 in the cms for the 6x6.

Once that was done I cut down the stock plastic front driveshaft to fit between the middle and rear axle. I was able to get it smaller but I'm going to redo it so it looks cleaner.

So heres were I'm at so far

The esc is taped to a piece of styrene which is taped to the chassis, I still need to get rid of the tamiya connector in favor of a deans

And all set up, well the rear axle is only connected because of the driveshaft

I've got the upper links for the third axle made and will be tearing the rig apart again to switch to the final axles and get everything buttoned up so its a runner.

As far as the body goes it's still up in the air, all I know is that I'm not using a tamiya semi body like a bit of the scx10 builds on here so it will be custom made by me. Here's the ideas

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
c0bra is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-21-2016, 11:25 AM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: A different scx10 based 6x6

Looking forward to it. Subscribed.
WesleyRoy is offline   Reply With Quote

A different scx10 based 6x6 - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
SCX10 Based Unimog 6X6 Miltary Style Project "Caterpillar" Kylar Multi Axle Rigs 3 10-06-2014 08:50 AM
wk based 6x6 roglum HPI Wheely King 3 06-03-2010 12:04 PM