Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Midwest > Nebraska

Notices

Thread: Platte River State Park?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2008, 02:51 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default Platte River State Park?

I guess they just opened this one not that long ago.

Here's a review of the mountain bike trails (which seem perfect for us) from trails.com

Platte River State Park

Preview: Located about 20 miles southwest of Omaha and 3 miles west of Louisville in Cass County. Platte River State Park consists largely of a series of forested bluffs facing out over the broad expanse of the Platte River valley. There are about seven to eight miles of moderate to moderately difficult single-track hiking and horse trails intertwining on the hillsides and down in the quiet ravine of stone Creek. Some steep grades, rocky and gravely sections, and sharp corners add some technical challenges. A few longer climbs lead out of the ravine to various points on the park road, providing access to various park facilities or a return to the trail head. A small waterfall on Stone Creek is the geologic highlight of the ravine area. Additional trails in a more remote part of the park can be reached by heading east from the ravine area along the river bluff trails toward Decker Creek. This "wilderness tract" provides some great vistas of the wide Platte River valley. You could easily spend several hours to the better part of a day in this park exploring the various areas.

I think we should plan a day to check this place out. Here's more reviews from another Mountain bike site:

http://www.dirtworld.com/trails/trai...20Bike%20Trail

Also I think we should check out Eugene T. Mahoney park, as well.

Anyone not wanting to get a pass might be able to squeeze in with me. I usually get one every year.

Also, I think it would be cool to plan to have maybe a grill-out / picnic kinda thing, maybe get the whole family involved in one event every year. That way our wives aren't mad at us for leaving them home alone with the kids all the time.
JavelinSST390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links