Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Midwest > Nebraska

Notices

Thread: Class interrupted Saturday

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-22-2008, 10:05 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default Class interrupted Saturday

I was teaching a Riders Edge class out at Dillon's on Saturday when we had a slight interuption.

It was part of the "Husker Hog Ride" http://www.haloofhope.net/husker.asp
kwkride is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-28-2008, 11:53 AM   #2
Rock Stacker

Thats a pretty cool deal. So you teach riding classes? I bought an old suzuki this last summer and got my learners permit but have yet to get my license. Seems everyone I talk to fails and or lays their bike over trying to take the test here. Curious what your class is like, how much and when. Thanks Kendall
redram360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 12:04 PM   #3
MODERHATER™

Dam Huskers......
666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 08:34 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by redram360 View Post
Thats a pretty cool deal. So you teach riding classes? I bought an old suzuki this last summer and got my learners permit but have yet to get my license. Seems everyone I talk to fails and or lays their bike over trying to take the test here. Curious what your class is like, how much and when. Thanks Kendall
I really like the classes, obviously. They're nice because it's all in a controlled environment and we provide the bikes. If you drop one, oh well, it's not your bike.

We have a lot of fun, and after completing the course the DMV will just add the "m" to your license. You don't need to test with the state. You will also get a discount on your insurance from most companies.

Most of the classes that I teach are with Dillon's Harley in Omaha where the classes are $275 or at the National Safety Council in Omaha where the classes are $200. I did teach a few for Frontier Harley in Lincoln, I don't remember for sure what their price was, but I think it was $250. Of course, all these prices are subject to change. The demand for classes this year has been way over the top. I think a lot of people are being lured in by the high MPG numbers of motorcycles.
Old 09-30-2008, 09:20 PM   #5
Rock Stacker

I may have to look into taking one of those courses. Here's my bike, its an 82 suzuki gs650sl with just over 20k on it. My brother did some work on it in school, not sure what all he did but it runs real good. I'm in the process of stripping the tank and repainting it and the side panels a flat black.
Old 10-01-2008, 05:34 AM   #6
Rock Crawler

Nice bike! That looks like it's in really good shape!

Here's a pic of mine. It's an '06 V-Strom 650 with about 11k on it.

Old 10-01-2008, 02:28 PM   #7
Rock Stacker

Very nice, my brother has an R6. I've never been on a crotch rocket, he keeps tellling me to try his out. This old bike works great for me, looks good, is different and performs surprisingly good.
Old 10-03-2008, 11:49 AM   #8
20K Club

Those classes are great. I already had my license and took it with my brother when he wanted to get his license. I had been riding for a number of years already and still learned some helpful tips that I still use every time I get on my bike. Oh yeah and it dropped my insurance a TON!

Here's my big pig.....

And heres my old scoot, built it when I was 18.

Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 12:04 PM   #9
Holmes Hobbies

Ole school,notice the kicker? I finely primered the fender but I thought it looked yappy enough

CD13 is offline   Reply With Quote