Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Midwest > Nebraska

Notices

Thread: Crawling course at the Lincoln, H. T.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-02-2009, 01:25 PM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Default Crawling course at the Lincoln, H. T.

I've talked with Dan, at the South point HT and have gotten permission to start building a Rock Crawling course out at the speedway. CORA, is working on some other donations for materials but I'd like some input as to what everyone would like to see done.
I've got some ideas for some dirt mounds that can be covered with chunks of concrete and rock. Anyone interested in taking on designing and building a section of the course?
Krakker is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-02-2009, 03:03 PM   #2

i may be in lincoln monday afternoon and might have asome time to spare. maybe 2-4 if i can get enough work done to screw off a little. i know most people are workin then but id like to help get the scene goin in lincoln. i spend about a week out of every month down there "working."
greengiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 09:46 PM   #3
Ty
Quarry Creeper

I live in Lincoln, but could only help on the weekends. I have no idea how to design as course so I would not be helpful for that.
Ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 01:31 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

I've got a general idea on placement of the dirt mounds, I'll try and get a few set up and pack them down with my Jeep. from there I've got a line on some busted up concrete that can be dumped pretty close and we can shape the mounds with shovels and work on stacking the concrete and rocks from there. Sound OK???

I'll be working on getting some rock as well from as many suppliers as I can. Some long logs too.
They are meeting some time this week and will discuss it and I won't be able to be there but I will do what ever I can to make this a truely Awesome course. It will be good for the community and the sport.
Old 05-03-2009, 07:51 PM   #5
Ty
Quarry Creeper

That sounds great, will you post the time and place of the meeting. Thanks
Old 07-21-2009, 08:22 PM   #6
Ty
Quarry Creeper

What ever happened with this?
Old 07-22-2009, 02:36 PM   #7
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by tctz28 View Post
What ever happened with this?
My bad, I have been sitting on the drawing now for 2long and gearing up for the CORA Off-Road EXPO, coming up Aug. 22nd. I will dig it out and pass it on to Jeremy fink (or who ever else) so it can be gotten to the right person and submitted. Sorry, I've bit off more than I can chew this summer and I hope I haven't gotten any body's hopes up for nothing. I fully intend on making this happen.
On a side note, I am working with the properties commity at Southview baptist church and trying to expand the current obsticle area that we use for the expo so that it can be used as a crawler park with in the city. (easier to get too than the Hobby Town track) It's on the corner of 13th and Arapaho (?) The houses on the property are are schedualed to be removed and the ground leveled out. It would make a great a inner city area for R/C fun as well as some Off road truck shows. I might need some letters in favor of something like this so if you are willing, I ask for them in the near future.