Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Midwest > Nebraska

Notices

Thread: NSCA Summer Series Comp #7 *RESULTS*

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-28-2010, 09:51 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default NSCA Summer Series Comp #7 *RESULTS*

We had a nice turnout for our comp last Saturday.
Thanks to Dewey and Chad for setting this one up in Sioux City.

The weather was extremely hot, but just hanging out with friends was great!

Here are the results from our comp over the weekend.

kwkride is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-28-2010, 09:53 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

With that said, here are our current points standings with 3 comps left in the series:

Old 06-28-2010, 10:08 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

Location: You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy

damn Jim... always that 1 point
DeweyCJ5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 07:01 PM   #4
RCC Addict

thanks for posting jim. i cant wait till the next one. if anyone is wanting to practice pm me and ill see if i can make it with ya.
Kratos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 02:55 PM   #5
Pebble Pounder

Chad, I think you owe me dinner since I had to drive Justin to get something to eat and bumping you up three places. I should have stayed and took his third. Oh well keeps you close to Chris in points, go get him. Maybe I should move ahead of Justin since his tummy was empty and I had the car?

Wait, that was five spots you moved up...............that deserves steak dinner now you dog....

Last edited by no2hud; 06-30-2010 at 03:15 PM.
no2hud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 03:10 PM   #6
Pebble Pounder

LMAO, no point to run and waste everyones time, to many points between places, I said that when i was told i still had third. 3rd ended twice as many as 2nd, LMAO logical

Start doing double or triple bonus gates, otherwise simple logic can be applied

I fixed my rig, waited, packed, Then unpacked, waited, waited, asked for start gate twice, then packed and left. Not going to lie, i had more important things to do then wait, and for a worthless and pointless run. Way way to long of a day for so little amount of people, and toasty

Prime rib w sauteed onions, blizzard was well deserved and earned.
jlast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 08:22 PM   #7
Rock Crawler

Location: You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy

it seems to me that a few of us in the club have never had to travel to comp... just think we (the Sioux City people) have to do this most every comp... 4 or more hours drive time depending on where we are at (so its a long day for us too)... bringing food and beverages (guess we figured that out) ... the last few comps have been 19-12-10 for competitors so id think 15 is about avrage... so i guess I'm sorry that our comp here was so worthless and pointless to get in the way of your other important things to do (eat)... i offered to show you or take you anywhere you wanted to eat... thats just plain poor sportsmanship

Last edited by DeweyCJ5; 06-30-2010 at 08:49 PM.
DeweyCJ5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 08:47 PM   #8

Dewey,

I thought you guys were wonderful hosts and appreciate your efforts. Bringing the easy-ups and Heather being prepared with her own First Aide Kit....THANK YOU HEATHER....the comp site was great, enough shade for everyone to keep from getting sunburned, if they wanted to be in the shade.

And yes, this was the first time Jim and I (together) have traveled more than our normal 45 minute to 1 hour commute for a comp. We fully appreciate what you all in Sioux City go through when you come to Nebraska to comp with us, and I am very glad to have ALL OF YOU as members.

As to food, Jim and I ALWAYS pack our own lunch and bring drinks no matter where we comp. Saves time and money, and neither of us are distracted by hunger!
03libertysport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 09:02 PM   #9
RCC Addict

heres what i think. 2 comps at hobbytown, 3 comps in lincoln, 3 comps at either trendwood or sioux city and 2 comps at the other, and 2 comps at lake cunningham. this would make our ten comp season. that would spread it out a little more evenly yes? not so much for you sioux city guys but im willing to travel up there more too so it doesnt matter to me lol
Kratos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 09:18 PM   #10
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03libertysport View Post
Dewey,

As to food, Jim and I ALWAYS pack our own lunch and bring drinks no matter where we comp. Saves time and money, and neither of us are distracted by hunger!
Good advice for ole' grumpy pant fred sanford, maybe he needs to find a wife to pack him a lunch. I vote that Jim and you bring Fred to the next comp and teach him about packing lunch.

Dewy, great comp, I had lots of fun even though I cut the crap out of my legs on the razor sharp rocks. My drive home wasn't good though, my daughters Grand Cherokee gave me troubles all the way home and died in my drive way as I parked. I'll be back though, gotta see more cleavage. Thanks again for hosting.
Old 06-30-2010, 09:22 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by no2hud View Post
Good advice for ole' grumpy pant fred sanford, maybe he needs to find a wife to pack him a lunch. I vote that Jim and you bring Fred to the next comp and teach him about packing lunch.
Nope! He's a big boy, I'm sure he knows how to find food and drink, and if not, then I'm not going to hold his hand to show him how.
03libertysport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 09:25 PM   #12
I wanna be Dave

I like Bacon in my macaroni and cheeze.
Other than that, I don't mind traveling for comps. I want to be the best everywhere and you can't get thet by staying at home.
Sorry I didn't make this past comp, but I was there in spirit.
Krakker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 10:10 PM   #13
Rock Crawler

Justin, you decided to leave instead of running the finals course.
You knew that you would drop to fourth if you decided not to stay.
I even said "you're not willing to stay for the extra 3 points huh?"

You need to stand by your decision and not complain afterward.

And just for the record, Chad moved up exactly two spots when Justin and Rich left. He was sitting in 5th place, and since the 3rd and 4th place guys left, Chad was willing to run the finals course and take home 3rd place.
Old 06-30-2010, 10:19 PM   #14
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwkride View Post
And just for the record, Chad moved up exactly two spots when Justin and Rich left. He was sitting in 5th place, and since the 3rd and 4th place guys left, Chad was willing to run the finals course and take home 3rd place.
Hey, don't use my name with justin or I'll send him with you next time. Guys, don't fall into Freds mind it's a bad place to be. I vote that you move me and my son ahead of him for dinking us out of our placing. haha
Old 06-30-2010, 11:33 PM   #15
Pebble Pounder

First, nothing i posted was specifically towards anything, where it was, hosting, any one person, etc.... so all that can be put to bed before she gets to much farther out of hand.

Again with the points spread, less then idk 5% chance in place change, it didnt even matter who ran, but it saved everyone time. simple logic
Long Long day, hot, i ran enough, I was ready to leave. Eating was also quite nice as well. BUT i could have been full at a comp held right next door and it might have been noon rather then 5, it didnt matter in any which way or form, IT would not have changed anything.

i am pretty sure everyone knew my intentions, was something unclear at that time ? I did everything i stated in last post, i asked for the start gate two seperate times after it was mentioned i could just pass a gate, etc.....
3pts in a 60pt honestly no difference, final place and bumping people would be unfavorable. done is done.

"Sportsmanship" people come and go as they please, but what place they are when they do is dependent on if they are good or poor ? no need for a answer.

Now if you were offended, felt attacked, etc... please see brother hud friendly bible beater for your pastoral hug and special attention, he will be taking care of that.

if you wish to address something with me please feel free, if you wish to do it publicly or amongst yourselves all i ask you to buy a Prime rib w sauteed onions, and a blizzard first for me, then make you feel better. tasty tasty
Old 07-01-2010, 08:19 AM   #16
Pebble Pounder

Jloakafredsanford, you need to get a 9-5 job so that you quit watching soap's all day on TV followed by Judge Wapner at 4 o'clock. You kill me with your words but if you want to have a C2J meeting with me that's fine, I'll give you a hug.

Last edited by no2hud; 07-05-2010 at 08:30 AM.
Old 07-01-2010, 09:33 AM   #17
RCC Addict

Justin, I was the marshal for this event and told you that all you needed to do was break the plane on the finals course and you could maintain your 3rd place. I told you that as I was setting up the course with Mike. You asked where the start gate was going to be as I was measuring gate 6.

Like I said, you needed to break the plane on the finals course but there was no finals course when you bugged out. You left before the course was complete (legal). Yes it was only 7 minutes before but the course was not fully set when you left and I never saw you line up or break the start plane on the course that was not complete. On top of that, you were asked by Jim if you were sure you wanted to give up the 3 championship points so you knew you were going to be bumped before you left.

On the long day and all the complaining about waiting, this event took no longer then any other comp this year. To start, it usually takes 45 minutes or so to set up 3 courses. We run 8 minute courses with 2 courses being open at once. Once we have most everyone through courses 1 and 2, I open 3 and in total it should take about 4.5 hours to run everyone and then get ready for the final. The final for the top 3 should take 45 minutes to an hour, which it did and then another 30 minutes to break down and clean up. So in total our comp should take 6.5 hours and guess what, we were done in less time then that in Sioux City.

I will give you that we got a late start but we could not start setting courses until the Jim and Theresa got to Sioux City. They were planning on being there at 10AM but due to construction and other unforeseen issues, did not get there until 10:45 or so. We started laying out courses and and had the first driver break plane by 11:30. We were done with the comp and the 30 minutes to break everything down, clean up, and Mike, Chad and myself took 15 to 20 minute to talk to a local about what we did and Chad still got home in time to post at 6:30PM to thank everyone for coming up to the comp.

One last thing, the points system seems to be working well. Our top runner has missed 2 comps (which those scores have been dropped). He has been consistent in his running, scoring 4 second places and 1 first place. You on the other hand sit in 8th in the points standing and missed 3 out of 7 comps. For the comps you have attended you finished with an average of a 5th place. By missing the 3rd comp that was not dropped, that is why you sit in 8th for the season.

Do everyone a favor Justin and if you have a problem with the club, come to one of the officers and talk to us. We deal with member issues all the time and come to a fair conclusion that most all can agree on. This crap of you jumping on a forum and whining about this kind of crap is getting old. You always make yourself out to be persecuted or some how wronged when in all actuality, where you sit is 100% of your doing. Here are a couple hints for finishing better...

1. Show up to comps

2. Pack a lunch

3. Stay and finish your runs

4. If you have a problem, stop getting on forum boards and complaining about how things are ran. Oh, and here is the best part. When someone asked you to elaborate or tries to confront the issue you have, stop saying "it doesn't matter dude" and walk away.

It is you bringing up an issue and then saying "dude, it doesn't even matter" when we try to address said issue that causes people in the club think you just like causing problems.
Eritex Inc. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 04:00 PM   #18
Pebble Pounder

i took care of all these and any issues in my last post please read.

this specifics stuff is "she gets to much farther out of hand" i said nothing specific, AS I ALREADY STATED, i just did again for those who did not read and understand.

little more help, I said
nothing about start time AT ALL cause i didnt even pay attention to when that was, LMAO. nothing about anyone
being late (did not notice) not even sure if i was there late or not, nothing about location, nothing about the club, or officers, etc.... Nothing like having people putting words in my mouth that is not there. LOL

yes what you stated you said to me is correct, jim and germ, i unpacked, prepared, expressed my intentions, asked for the start gate twice, and did not require even a 2nd gate for the course.

I understand if someones choice of doing something logical was outside your comfort zone. IF somehow i was in violation of the hitler view political guide to toy rc rules, then so be it, and i do enjoy comic relief just as much as the next person. thank you

honestly didnt even think about this for days just looked yesterday, no interest other then the bumping of people, 3pts lmao.

brother hud will take care of any hugs and back rubs.

Prime rib w sauteed onions and a blizzard will be fine with me.
tasty tasty
Old 07-01-2010, 05:18 PM   #19
RCC Addict

Done
Eritex Inc. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 04:32 AM   #20
Quarry Creeper

I see some thing's still havent changed!! LOL!
sniders1975 is offline   Reply With Quote