Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > West > Nevada

Notices

Thread: R.E.C.O.N. Cutthroat Crawling Classic Series wrap up

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-18-2010, 02:15 AM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Default R.E.C.O.N. Cutthroat Crawling Classic Series wrap up

R.E.C.O.N. Cutthroat Crawling Classic Series wrap up.
The RECON Cutthroat Crawling Classic was a 3 round mini series held at Pyramid Lake, NV. Pyramid Lake features Tufa rock, Tuff, and travertine. In the real world, I call this traction, pure, x-rated, 70 degree climbing traction.

With this much traction, front digs with too much wheel speed will flip your crawler over on its lid. Getting out of a bind is useless, take a repo or break your junk. Pyramid Lake takes no prisoners. I have seen a forward front dig on flat ground that pulled the rear rod ends out of the links. You have to put rubber to rock at Pyramid Lake to understand.

When a driver comes to a RECON comp at Pyramid Lake, it is not a normal comp. A driver must respect the tufa and travertine or get owned. The lake is already a spiritual spot as any that I have ever been to and the magic that takes place on course only happens here, but sometimes its black magic. I have seen drivers pull amazing lines and I have seen others break chassis in half. There is no in between at Pyramid Lake.

Pyramid Lake was the perfect location for a mini-series. Each round was held at a different location around the lake. Round 1 was at Pelian Beach and featured the most hardcore tufa that I have ever set gates on. Round 2 was held at Indian Head and proved to be one of the toughest Pyramid Lake comps ever! Round 3 was held at Warriors Point, a wonderful variety of rock from tufa to slick rock, a deep knowledge of rock would decide a champion.

Mark A. dominated the competiton every round. His relentless attack of every course paid off by being crowned the 2010 RECON Cutthroat Crawling Champion. We are very proud of Mark, he embelishes the RECON adventure in competition and is a very humble Champion. Mark will tell you that he learns something new everytime he puts rubber to rock in a RECON comp.

Congratulations to Mark A. He is an assest to RECON and we RECON is fortunate to have such a talented driver "doin' work" in Nor-Cal and Nor-Nev.

A big thanks to all the competitors who participated and ofcourse to our sponsors, Axial Racing and Vangquish Products.

A special thanks to John Hall for making the Cutthroat Classic Crawling Champioship trophies. John is a winning 1:1 competitor with madd fabbing skills coming from a his own shop in the heart of the 1:1 world, Placerville, CA, but don't think he can't drive r/c, he finished 2nd in the 2010 AWCC behind the PNW Dominator, SDS Customs, by one point. It's "Hall Style" for a winning smile!

Thanks to my sponsors, Axial Racing, VP, T1E, Brood Motors and CDW; they give me the comp means to make you wet your comp jeans.

Here are the results.
Attached Images

Last edited by DRIVNMF; 12-18-2010 at 07:18 AM. Reason: props
DRIVNMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links