Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Southwest > New Mexico

Notices

Thread: Southern New Mexico Rocks

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-31-2008, 10:29 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Southern New Mexico Rocks

Well Bryon, It looks like its us for now. Lets get this rolling, my neighbor is looking at a crawler, and if your buddy gets one that will make us 6 strong!!!

I rewired my ESC tonight and it works like new. So when my new ESC comes in you can try it out.

Andrew
vltchkr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-02-2008, 04:07 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

yeah i like the idea. i will hustle my buddy so he will get his. i called out boostaholic about the drama him and i had on that other forum, to see if that is what the problem is. but whatever its cool.
85toycrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 07:46 AM   #3
Pebble Pounder

No bad blood Bryon, I'm down to crawl where ever, I think it would be good to have several different crawl spots there are a more i have been finding around my place and I'm getting a good collection of rocks in my yard, which can be another possible crawl spot............looking good that there are more and more crawlers popping up! Cyrus' truck should be dialed in here very soon also!
boost_aholic97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 06:18 PM   #4
Pebble Pounder

hey guys, once again we are trying to get a southern new mexico chapter going. are there any of you guys on here that would be interested in getting on board? vltchkr and myself were wondering if any of the alb. guys would be interested in coming to cruces as well. let me know what you guys think...
Old 01-17-2009, 10:16 AM   #5

hiya from cbad!
we have 3 that i know of here,not sure if the other 2 would make the trip but i am planning on heading over for chile challenge proly friday and saturday!

i got an ax10 with a few upgrades from teh rtr that arrived
novak rooster setup,alum servo arm,HR steering links,bent links,losi rock claws,soft springs on front,weighted front tires...probly more stuff...
sambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 10:36 AM   #6
Pebble Pounder

cool man, i will be a chile challenge as well. not sure if will be running in it or not. depending on if i can figure out my dual case problems.... but if not i will definitely be down to meet up and tear it up rc style! we will have to take you to our local spot we call "Little Moab"....
Old 01-17-2009, 10:54 AM   #7
Rock Crawler

I am pretty booked solid for the rest of the month... but I am planning on making it down that way here sometime soon!
msd44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 12:33 PM   #8
Pebble Pounder

Whats up people?I plan on getting down that way pretty soon in the next month or so to crawl with you guys.See you soon.
James
jgmmotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 09:41 PM   #9
Pebble Pounder

Jorge from Team VALADEZ Hobbies here, we had a comp at the store today and 1 new face showed up, I have to work tomorrow but when is the chile challenge, and we are trying to make it up to las cruces next week.

I was also wondering has anyone tried the ezrun32t brushless system that is on ebay??????????
teamvaladezhobb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 10:12 PM   #10
Quarry Creeper

hay where do you guys go crawl at? i have been building my tlt up but im still short of parts and just trying to get back into racing again. i havent found anybody that even does rc in cruces anymore.
some87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 11:36 AM   #11
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.C. pee pants View Post
hay where do you guys go crawl at? i have been building my tlt up but im still short of parts and just trying to get back into racing again. i havent found anybody that even does rc in cruces anymore.

Hey bro,

Good to see another crawler here in Cruces. We have a fun spot up from the farm and ranch museum called Little Moab, we can crawl different lines all day up there and are finding more and more. My rig is down until my CVDs come in but would be happy to take you out there. PM me your number and we will plan something.

Andrew
vltchkr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 01:03 PM   #12
Quarry Creeper

well my problem is that my rig isnt even close to being done. all i got was the chassis and the tlt kit so its going to be some time and i need lots of help with it since this is my first time building a rig. but i just wanted to go out there and see you guys mess around so i can get an idea of how you do it and some of the layouts you guys have.
Old 01-18-2009, 03:56 PM   #13
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamvaladezhobb View Post
Jorge from Team VALADEZ Hobbies here, we had a comp at the store today and 1 new face showed up, I have to work tomorrow but when is the chile challenge, and we are trying to make it up to las cruces next week.

I was also wondering has anyone tried the ezrun32t brushless system that is on ebay??????????
Jorge, just bought a new rig, and I think it has the EZ run brushless in it. Will see when it shows. We can figure out of its any good or not... Also, if you know anybody looking for a crawler, going to be doing a bit with this one and making it RTR, then selling. let me know!
brettjord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 04:29 PM   #14
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Right on! Somebody else still rocking the TLT! There's a few guys up here in ABQ still running them. Nice little rigs!
RAM2500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 07:06 PM   #15
Quarry Creeper

yeah right now im trying out the pimp slap aka torsion chassis. just need to find some axles that will work with it and right now im drawing a blank on which ones to put in since im useing a rc10b3 trans. and a battery and it should be done.
Old 01-18-2009, 09:12 PM   #16

awesome,we have loads of spots here to play at as well! i will give ya shout as the end of feb gets closer...

hopefully my better half lets me order the proline tube buggy body before CC gets here...

just cut my foams this evening and need to drill the new holes for my upper links.pinion angle is not kosher right now!

try and get some picsof our junk on here soon...

Last edited by sambo; 01-18-2009 at 09:17 PM.
sambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 09:39 PM   #17
Pebble Pounder

sweet man, yeah im in the same boat with pinion angle. i just got my blackjack chassis put together and i need some longer 4 link mounts. i will get some pics asap.
Old 01-18-2009, 09:44 PM   #18
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamvaladezhobb View Post

chile challenge is feb. 18th-21st
Old 01-18-2009, 10:04 PM   #19
Rock Crawler

Quote:
yeah right now im trying out the pimp slap aka torsion chassis. just need to find some axles that will work with it and right now im drawing a blank on which ones to put in since im useing a rc10b3 trans. and a battery and it should be done.
Check out the build in my sig. I used an rc10 tranny as well. I used Revo shafts but they are overkill. You can get away with Stampede shafts if you don't go brushless or Emaxx shafts work well also. You need the small transmission output yokes for the TLT axles though and you need a 4-40 or 3mm tap to get the stub shaft end of the yoke to work with the rc10 outdrive cups. Good tranny but takes a little work to get it to work.
RAM2500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 02:15 AM   #20
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAM2500 View Post
Check out the build in my sig. I used an rc10 tranny as well. I used Revo shafts but they are overkill. You can get away with Stampede shafts if you don't go brushless or Emaxx shafts work well also. You need the small transmission output yokes for the TLT axles though and you need a 4-40 or 3mm tap to get the stub shaft end of the yoke to work with the rc10 outdrive cups. Good tranny but takes a little work to get it to work.
lol i never though of useing the tlt output shafts LOL. i did get some maxx shafts but when i put them together they have alot of bind in them since i never knew how to put them together but ill try the revo ones of they have them assemblesd. and im going to run brussless since the only esc i have atm is a mamba max. the thing that sucks is that im going to have to hope i can turn down my motor down WAY WAY low since the only one i have is a 7700 kv motor.