Notices

Thread: WORLDs in Cali this year

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-13-2009, 09:25 PM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Default WORLDs in Cali this year

Important Nationals Press Release

http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/rc-rock-crawling-worlds/

Looks like entry fees are $95. So that has stayed fairly similar to the last few years since I competed and they are running 1.9, 2.2 and Super class. There also appear to be buy-in spots available, but those will be run a couple days before hand.

Big cash prizes and raffle giveaways. Really does look like a nice event for those that can attend.

Last edited by Cloak; 07-14-2009 at 11:17 PM.
Cloak is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-14-2009, 06:39 AM   #2
Rock Crawler

Donner Ski Ranch hu? Very cool place.
msd44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 07:46 AM   #3
I wanna be Dave

So after the state finals James mentioned to me that the club was going to be suppling a condo to those of us traveling to nationals. Does this offer still stand seeing as now nationals are now 1964 miles round trip vs. 370? Just seeing what our options are as planning time is very limited.
rob_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 10:16 AM   #4
I wanna be Dave

The only offer I've heard so far is that we're talking about paying the entry fees. There has been no discussion by the officers of covering any other expenses.

What I do need so I can make sure and post up is user names. This is who we have on the list for me to submit. Also I need to be sure that everyone on the list will plan on attending so I can post it up in the main thread. So give me a positive confirmation as to whether you can make it or not.

Rob Bradshaw - username rob_b
Ron Loveland - username: hatewater

Mike Feuilly - username: fwilly
Dwane Oliver - username: DwaneO

Super
Cody Folsom - username: MX70
Cameron Jones

I'll try to dig up the rest of them, but if someone else knows them off the top of their head let me know so I can submit them.

Last edited by Cloak; 07-14-2009 at 01:32 PM.
Old 07-14-2009, 10:34 AM   #5

Ron Loveland = Hatewater
hatewater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 11:56 AM   #6
I wanna be Dave

I'm trying to work out a plan that gets me there, I'll be sure to let you know something more as soon as I know it.

Mike Feuilly - fwilly
Cody Folsom - MX70
Old 07-14-2009, 11:58 AM   #7
Oliver Custom Knives

We are trying to decide if the top 2 are going to be able to make it , if not it will trickle down to the next guys. It does say that they must be from the top 5. We will let you know.
DwaneO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 01:31 PM   #8
I wanna be Dave

Dwane: Yup, that's why I said, make sure to let me know so when I submit the names they're solid names.
Old 07-14-2009, 02:33 PM   #9
I wanna be Dave

Probably not the right place to talk about this but what the hell. So was James just BS'ing me or what? How much money are we talking about and what other possible uses for this money are being discussed? I thought all along it was to help the winners on their way to nats. I defiantly felt shafted with the payout after state, up north we paid out almost $400 to the class winners and we didn't even get any of the membership dues. We just took half of each comps entry fees and used that money to fund our BBQ and pay the series winners. I wasn't really worried about it when everyone thought we would be going to Moab as you can travel there pretty cheaply but thats not the case when going all the way to CA now. I know I'm not alone in wondering were are membership dues are being applied. Not trying to ruffle feathers or piss anyone off, just looking for some answers.
Old 07-14-2009, 03:15 PM   #10
I wanna be Dave

I don't have all the expenses for the state event, but aside from t-shirt costs (which come out of membership dues), the first run of stickers and the costs for state finals (trophys and incidentals), it is mostly sitting in a box in my safe at home.

My biggest problem is all of my original sign up sheets for each event seem be MIA as they passed between a few hands, so I haven't been able to go back and pull out what is membership dues vs what is Abq event dues yet to get an exact accounting.

I know that the Abq dues for 2.2 covered some of the 1.9 payouts when there wasn't nearly that much money paid in to the 1.9s. That should be moot since those funds came out of the event pool.

As I keep telling people, it really isn't a great idea to have these events be cash pay outs. It approximates gaming and that really does open us up to quite a few potential legal issues if someone gets pissy and reports it to the state.

When it comes down to it, Rob, if we decide to kick in membership money to pay towards travel costs, I'm perfectly fine with it. I just don't want to promise something that has not been set in stone or that we (James, Keun, Kevin, Dwane and Brent) specifically spoke about and agreed wouldn't happen. In one of our officer's meetings and minutes Keun has, we mentioned that we would pay entrance fees. We discussed helping with travel costs but decided if someone was going to nationals, they should be planning on getting themselves there. Part of the cost of competing, just like buying axles, batteries, etc.

James had mentioned something about the condos at Moab rim and multiple people going in rather than the little shacks across the street. But that was something he personally was considering because he planned on going and he wanted to see if that was a more economical way of rooming over there.

Something occurs to me with James being out of contact with his computer being down, I bet he doesn't know about the change of venue.

I will call him up here in a few minutes and then I'll be out until later tonight. I will post back anything new when I know it.
Old 07-14-2009, 03:45 PM   #11
I wanna be Dave

Thanks for filling me in. It is not my intention to get "winnings" or "traveling" money that was not previously agreed upon. Apparently I made up my own reality on that one I'm just trying to get an idea on all the expenses involved to find out if I can swing this trip or not. Thanks again.
Old 07-14-2009, 03:48 PM   #12
Oliver Custom Knives

I'd think it would be pretty simple. If you want to be a member you had to pay $20. THEN if you wanted to comp it cost you $10 the day of the event. Dont you know how many members you had down there ? You should have paid out all of the day money , its irrelivant who it got paid to now. You should have had an exact count on how many memberships were paid. I know I did , and still do. We had about 30 members from up here , I think 9 paid at the first comp of the season, in SanYsidro and 1 paid at your comp on 3/8/09 at the Rock House. I think I sent you about $400.

I have been asking for a financial statment since State , but to no avail. I would think this info would be readily avalible , but....... I guess not.

Mabey the other members are not concerned with where all of the money went , but I am. As an officer, and a member , I think I have the right to know.
Old 07-14-2009, 04:23 PM   #13
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by DwaneO View Post
You should have had an exact count on how many memberships were paid. I know I did , and still do.
Quote:
We had about 30 members from up here , I think 9 paid at the first comp of the season, in SanYsidro and 1 paid at your comp on 3/8/09 at the Rock House. I think I sent you about $400.
So which is it? Exact, "think" or "about"? I'm picking nits here, but you're saying the same thing over and over when you've already been told multiple times that I don't have all the information available to me and until I get it back it is physically impossible for me to provide those numbers to the group.

Quote:
You should have paid out all of the day money , its irrelivant who it got paid to now.
Why, because you say so? Aside from set payouts we made up on the spot for the first comp, there was never any discussion until far after the fact what we would be doing with the event dues. This was the only reason for me never specifically keeping them separate to begin with.
Old 07-14-2009, 04:25 PM   #14
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob_b View Post
Thanks for filling me in. It is not my intention to get "winnings" or "traveling" money that was not previously agreed upon. Apparently I made up my own reality on that one I'm just trying to get an idea on all the expenses involved to find out if I can swing this trip or not. Thanks again.
I'm perfectly fine with your questions. They're totally valid. It needs to be budgeted for. I'm in the same boat. Moab was fairly easy to budget (time and money). I don't know if I'll make it to Cali or not. It may conflict with other arrangements I already have made. My urgency is because I have until the 20th to provide the names.
Old 07-14-2009, 04:43 PM   #15
Pebble Pounder

Not that this is really the place to discuss, or that my opinion holds any bearing on this matter... BUT! I think the comp dues of $10 are a nill point. If they so choose to pay out whatever was paid, then use the rest to go buy beer and hookers, so be it.
The fact is that the same amount was paid out everytime, regardless of the entrants, starting at the first comp from the ABQ area. Comp dues I think are more of a bonus than a guarantee... you are buying your way into a spot to compete in something that may result in you receiving a payout. Ever competed in other events? I do not know of ANY where every single $ of entry fee is paid out as prizes, and if they do exist, I have been in all the wrong competitions. That extra money goes someplace, and where I could care less. I was not in charge of setting up the event, so paid my entry and was happy regardless of the outcome. The saying "Pay to Play" is all I can think of.

On the other hand, I do think club dues are a different matter and should all be accounted for and used for things such as T-shirts at state, club stickers, etc that benefit the whole club. **EDIT** I think payout for some sort of expenses for our National attendees falls into this category! As was discussed prior to State with a few of us..., it MAY be part of the trip or the entry fee **

My $0.04... and yes, my opinion is just like my @$$hole! Flame away since I have no decision making power!

That being said, if they sell the extra spots to nationals/worlds, see you all there! Got my shit working glitch free... will find a place to stay and a way to get my ass and gear out there. (Now I see they are doing a LCQ style entry, but I may still try and make it!)

-Brett

Last edited by brettjord; 07-14-2009 at 09:16 PM.
brettjord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 05:17 PM   #16
Quarry Creeper

(quote::"then use the rest to go buy beer and hookers, so be it.":.)

if i was in albq. id care where it went.

Last edited by MX70; 07-14-2009 at 06:22 PM.
MX70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 07:49 PM   #17
Oliver Custom Knives

Why would you ever keep any of the entry fee/day money ? That should go back to the winners. UNLESS you did it like I did up here. We kept half of the day money from every comp, and paid the other half to the winners that day. We discussed it at our first comp , and everyone agreed on it. Then we paid it out at the end for the regional winners. Were your regional winners paid money ?

Ok smart guy , here is my list of members and their coresponding paid membership date AND a picture of the money order reciept I sent you. Looks like 30 members minus the 10 that paid at an Albq comp = 20 members X $20 ea = $400

Ron Loveland1/11/2009
Brian Chamblee2/21/2009
Aaron Urquedez1/11/2009
Billy Schultisse2/21/2009
Calvin Hargis1/11/2009
Cameron Jones1/31/2009
Cody Folsom1/31/2009
Cody Loveland1/11/2009
Cody Waldroup1/31/2009
Daniel Scudder2/21/2009
Danna Oliver3/8/2009
Desmond Tucker1/11/2009
Dwane Oliver1/11/2009
Jason Feuilly1/31/2009
Jason Herbig1/31/2009
JD Herrington1/11/2009
Kasen Wilkinson1/31/2009
Lee Rants1/11/2009
Melody Feuilly1/31/2009
Mike Feuilly1/11/2009
Nathan Lemons2/21/2009
Pat Decker1/31/2009
Rob Bradshaw1/31/2009
Sam Muhn2/21/2009
Tim Wright2/21/2009
Toby Henkels2/21/2009
Tyler Kadlec1/31/2009
Gerrad Rogers3/14/2009
Jud Livingston4/4/2009
Perry W4/25/2009

AND here is the way that our regionals paid out. We kept back half of the day money from each comp.
1-31 = $125
2-21 = $125
3-14 = $100
4-5 = $15 ( bad day )
4-25 = $80
total = $445

Lions Shelter cost us $50 for the day
We paid each class winner $175
I spent the other $45 on food for the BBQ along with the money I got from RCR and FastLane.

The club dosen't need to keep $400 in the box , I can see keping mabey $100 for expendibles like paper and ink , or to replace a timer and batteries.

I dont understand why its so difficult to get the information requested. I thought you were the treasurer . You should have this info at your fingertips. If James has it then drive to his house and get it. You took on the responsibility of the position.
It seems like after State was over you guys bailed on the rest of the club down there, you haven't had any more comps since then , and I see your members wanting to GTG and do something. If you dont support your members they will leave you.
Old 07-14-2009, 07:54 PM   #18
Oliver Custom Knives

I dont organize comps to make money,if anyone in RC Crawling does.......well I think its wrong. This is a hobby not a job.
I do it because its fun and I want to.
I would hope that our leaders feel the same way
Old 07-14-2009, 09:05 PM   #19
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by MX70 View Post
(quote::"then use the rest to go buy beer and hookers, so be it.":.)

if i was in albq. id care where it went.
Beer and hookers is likely more exciting than much of what ABQ has to offer? I did travel, so just considered the $10 as part of the cost to compete since it was the closest series. Personally I am not concerned where the $10 went, I had fun all season long which is what this was mostly about for me. I guess the comp $$ really should be accounted for, and receipts showing beer/hookers/blow/ky/goats/whatever might be calming to some of the people that were involved in the state?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DwaneO View Post
I dont organize comps to make money,if anyone in RC Crawling does.......well I think its wrong. This is a hobby not a job.
I do it because its fun and I want to.
I would hope that our leaders feel the same way
Fully agree with that, but again, I do not make decisions and I would assume is was never spelled out at the beginning what that money would actually be used for? Always room for improvement for the future.

Can't we all just be a happy familia and drink all the beer my comp dues went to?
brettjord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 09:33 PM   #20
I wanna be Dave

Damn and I have been buying my own beer all this time