Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Southwest > New Mexico

Notices

Thread: hobby proz

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2010, 10:01 AM   #1

Default hobby proz

well i have been talking to bobby at hobby proz for a few weeks about having new stock brought in at the store. he is bringing in a bunch of aftermarket stuff for the axials. bodies,links,tires,foams,ect...he also ordered his own axial for the store and is going to come out and crawl around with us here soon.
Shake and bake is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-02-2010, 02:47 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Awesome! Another victim to the addiction on the way.....
RAM2500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 06:41 PM   #3

I've been working on the guys at Hobby Proz for months to stock more crawler stuff.

I was there today and had Ray order 3 Robinson Racing Hardened Steel Transmission lockers (1 for me, 2 for store stock). They cost the same as the stock replacement ALUMINUM gear ($25), and have the output shafts built in.
This replaces both of the (weak) ALUMINUM output shafts, the large (ALUMINUM) gear, and the 3 screws that hold everything together with a one piece hardened stainless steel unit.

I also had them order 3 of the hardened steel idler gears too ($12).

John R.

Last edited by jrabenius; 04-04-2010 at 09:26 PM.
jrabenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 09:31 AM   #4
Rock Crawler

I've been meaning to compare an Axial gear set to what is in a Stealth tranny. I have a couple that I want to change out the out drives on so I can attach drive shafts to them. I rigged one up with some Traxxas parts but it the Axial pieces work, it'll be a lot simpler.

I'd be interested in testing the fit of your old Axial parts if you swap out to the hardened steel piece.
Old 04-05-2010, 01:03 AM   #5

i have the stock driveshafts that im not using if you need them?
Shake and bake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 09:00 AM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAM2500 View Post
I've been meaning to compare an Axial gear set to what is in a Stealth tranny. I have a couple that I want to change out the out drives on so I can attach drive shafts to them. I rigged one up with some Traxxas parts but it the Axial pieces work, it'll be a lot simpler.

I'd be interested in testing the fit of your old Axial parts if you swap out to the hardened steel piece.
I bet they are close but not the same. Also the Stealth is going to be a standard bearing and the Axial a metric one. Maybe Dwane will post a picture of his scaler output. It has a .25 steel rod inserted into the stock drive cup and then a yoke attached to it.
rob_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 09:36 AM   #7
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrabenius View Post
I've been working on the guys at Hobby Proz for months to stock more crawler stuff.

I was there today and had Ray order 3 Robinson Racing Hardened Steel Transmission lockers (1 for me, 2 for store stock). They cost the same as the stock replacement ALUMINUM gear ($25), and have the output shafts built in.
This replaces both of the (weak) ALUMINUM output shafts, the large (ALUMINUM) gear, and the 3 screws that hold everything together with a one piece hardened stainless steel unit.

I also had them order 3 of the hardened steel idler gears too ($12).

John R.

Those parts work very well I ordered mine off of TCS I might just go get another set from HP today.
dubAron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 09:41 PM   #8
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob_b View Post
I bet they are close but not the same. Also the Stealth is going to be a standard bearing and the Axial a metric one. Maybe Dwane will post a picture of his scaler output. It has a .25 steel rod inserted into the stock drive cup and then a yoke attached to it.
I just used the stub shaft end of a Revo drive shaft and ran a screw through it on one of mine. Had to take the heat temper out of the cups first. Dang things are hard! I also modded a Stealth with some Traxxas parts in the link in my sig. Worked great but it was more work than just dropping some Axial parts in it. I bet the stock Axial out drive parts could be modded to fit a Stealth. Aaron said he had a couple busted trannys I could use for experimental studies.....mwah ha ha ha!!!!!!

Ahem.... sorry, don't know what that was about. Anyway, I'll post up picks if I get around to it.