Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Northeast > New York

Notices

Thread: Southern Dutchess county

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2008, 09:29 PM   #1

Default Southern Dutchess county

Greetings, My friend owns a slotcar track/hobby store. He is kinda small as hobby stores go but it's a start. He's got slotcar stuff, skateboards, and r/c cars including Scorpion kits and some parts. We are going to build a crawler course behind his parking lot and welcome any and all local or not-so-local crawlers to help and or give input on the course. We hope to have by-the -rules comp this summer. He's located in Beacon, NY.
sedanman67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-23-2008, 06:28 PM   #2

Default Close by

SM67, I'm located just about 20 mins. from the Newburgh/Beacon Bridge.I live in Plattekill,
Keep me posted on whats going on across the creek.
My e-mail is DanRCFords@aol.com
Sharkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 10:34 PM   #3

I will keep you up tp date. There is a comp in CT this coming saturday. I am going. It's about 75 miles from the N/B bridge. See the CT section about "Lighthouse point" or the MArch 29 GTG.
Old 03-25-2008, 06:48 AM   #4

SM67,Most of my truck is built.I have some diff work to do,and get my wheels and tires.I haven't decided whether to go 2.2 or Super.I have a few body choices,and a bunch of goodies to finish it,just some more time is what I need.Thanks for the reply,and I'll be waiting for some updates.Where is your LHS in Beacon??
Thanks,talk to you soon.
Sharkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 10:09 PM   #5

The LHS in Beacon is Hudson Valley Raceway. He's not real big but keeps his prices in line with some of the mail order places. It's a second job/hobby for him so he doesn't have to kill you on every sale. He's open wed, thur, fri nights (has a day job) and sat-sun noon to 10. He opened as a slot car track and is expanding into r/c
Old 03-26-2008, 07:12 PM   #6
Rock Stacker

hey hey

Nice

Im in Putnam - exit 19 on 84.

When is this track to be built? I would love to check it out. I've got another friend that lives in Beekman (near stormville) who would be a go for a visit.

Chris
cwkoehler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 10:26 PM   #7

We're still hashing out a few details with the landlord. In the mean-time we are also scouting out public areas to crawl on. There is a local park that has promise. Will keep you updated.
Old 04-04-2008, 10:21 AM   #8

sedanman67 tell these uys about getting to gether and whats up with your buddy's store?
dirtyax10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 09:32 PM   #9
Rock Stacker

". In the mean-time we are also scouting out public areas to crawl on"

consider fahnstock park off 301 and taconic

someone mentioned in another thread and I know there is a whole lot of rock over there. I use to rope rappel and top rope over there 15-20 years ago.

great potential over there - I may scout out this weekend with my friend Keith from Beekman - near stormville
Old 04-09-2008, 10:39 PM   #10

I played hooky from work yesterday and went to Fahnstock. There is some stuff there by the picnic shelter that will send a shiver down your spine. 60 ft cliff with water at the bottom..............don't flip backwards or your shattered rig will drown. Can't wait to get back there. Challenging terrain, some stuff looked doable but I could not conquer it. Other obstacles looked impossible but weren't.
Old 04-12-2008, 11:38 AM   #11

that was me and my pics that posted the old fahnstock picnic park..... tomorrow at 230 i'll be there
Old 04-13-2008, 10:22 PM   #12

Anyone that was thinking of coming out and got scared off by the threat of rain missed a DAMNED GOOD TIME. WE HAD A BALL. There are thousands of lines to attempt at Fahnstock. This would be an AWESOME spot for a sanctioned crawl, 2.2 super and scalers could all make challenging courses.
Old 04-15-2008, 08:40 PM   #13

Default Lets Crawl..

Hey i just found this thread and I got done building my Scorpion about a week ago. Its stock right now I want to do some crawling with some of you guys and start modding my Scorp as needed. Right now I am running the standard springs in the front and supersofts in the rear. Battery mounted across the sterring servo. I am running the Novak 55turn motor and Rock Crawler ESC conmb along with a Spektrum DX3.0 radio system. When are you guys gettin together again? We should exchange contact info so we can have some fun.. Hope to see you guys soon.

Chris..
Farbzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 08:43 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by sedanman67 View Post
We're still hashing out a few details with the landlord. In the mean-time we are also scouting out public areas to crawl on. There is a local park that has promise. Will keep you updated.

I was born and raised in Beacon and I grew up on Mt. Beacon and used to ride my race quad up there and rock climb with a real Jeep. It has way better spots than the state park in Cold Spring.. Keep that in mind..
Farbzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 07:55 PM   #15
Rock Stacker

I think some guys will be getting together this Sunday

I will try to make it

2:30 appears to be time of choice

I still need to do some custome wiring when my new batteries make it to me this week
Old 04-17-2008, 08:35 PM   #16

thats right my friend as long as the rain holds up we will be there at around 2:30 or so give me a pm and give me your cells i will give you a call on sat afternon to let you know how we are making out. untill then keep it low and slow.

paul i got the dig on my truck and re-did my whole rear suspension and i dont think it will be too beneficial but hey its always worth a shot... no?
Old 04-17-2008, 10:16 PM   #17

I got a new ESC (Tekin FX-R) and the rig is a little faster, still waiting for the 35 turn motor. I parted out a RTR and have a TON-O-SPARES (and a cool straight rear axle) now. I got a dozen tennis balls from Wally World for $6.50 and cut them all in half......................we have gate markers now. I will definately be there again this sunday if it's not raining. Where are the pics?
Old 04-17-2008, 10:17 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farbzilla View Post
I was born and raised in Beacon and I grew up on Mt. Beacon and used to ride my race quad up there and rock climb with a real Jeep. It has way better spots than the state park in Cold Spring.. Keep that in mind..

Is your last name Farber?
Old 04-18-2008, 08:04 PM   #19

nope not farber, so far as the pics ive been so busy with work i havent had a chance to post yet....im sooo sorry but i just found out this afternoon that i have to take my daughter on a road claening/girlscout thing which falls above and beyond my visitation so im taking every bit that i can, if you guys all go out there im sure you will have a blast but either way my truck is down i just installed my dig unit and dont have the proper size servo. minis' are too small and standard are too big to "bolt on" so i m supposed to have it next thurs and will be up and running by next sunday so im down for going then other wise send BRUISERCRAWLER a pm his name is John and im sure he's ready to go! later
Old 05-27-2008, 08:50 PM   #20

Got a few more interested at the store. We will be hitting Fahnstock this coming saturday at 2 or 2:30. We've got a little indoor action going at the hobby store, some broken up concrete and some 200 lb rocks. This is generating more interest in crawling, I'll post a pic of this when I can.