Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Northeast > New York

Notices

Thread: Crawlers in N. Westchester/Putnam

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2008, 01:01 PM   #1
I joined the Band!

Default Crawlers in N. Westchester/Putnam

A friend of mine has opened a Hobby shop in Somers. He was in Mahopac, in a MUCH smaller store, previously. He is now stocking Scorpions and some crawling parts, but we have failed to convince him it is worth it to run a GTG or series yet, as he does not see enough interest. If you are close enough to stop in get directions from John or Jess, (914) 621-0044. I have access to pleanty of free LARGE rock if a spot is available close by, and there are some really nice spots by my house also. (No, not as scenic as out West, but nice) Lets get something local going!
BRUISER CRAWLER is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-26-2008, 07:09 PM   #2
Rock Stacker

Im right here in Carmel - stones through from Somers and arch rival to Mahopac (high school - Carmel class of 8. I know at least one other in the immediate local that is into crawling

Chris

Im in the middle of a rebuild and need a week or two.
cwkoehler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 11:00 AM   #3

I'm good friends with the owner John & Jess' myself. If something goes on around the new neighborhood,myself,and one of his oval racers have rigs.Once it's done,I would be more than happy to get something together with John,and the new store.Keep us posted.
Sharkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 10:17 AM   #4

the 13th of this month, nextmonth.....4th or 11th in fahnestock off 301. little John and cwkoehler, sharkman drop me a line and we will set times ect. Dirtyax10 out
dirtyax10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 09:02 PM   #5

Cool, I figured there had to be some crawlers in our neck of the woods. I grew up in Somers, and now have a house in Peekskill. I used to buy all my gas & electric stuff from John & Jess, but then when I learned more about the crawler genre, I asked Jess about the AX10, and she shooed me away from it, saying that crawlers aren't worth it and get way too expensive, and that they weren't planning on stocking any b/c they didn't think they'd appeal to customers. John's a fantastic guy, and I'm sure his shop will continue to do well simply b/c of the passion he shows for RC.

However, a combination of the long 1-hr out & back from the far side of Pskill to Gallimods, and Jess telling me that they probably wouldn't have any crawler stuff led me to buying all my stuff online, which has suited me just fine.

I'd be happy to join you gents (or ladies - where are my manners?) for a day or couple of hours crawling in 'chester. Oh, and FYI - Blue Mt in Peekskill has EXCELLENT crawling spots - even just right in the main picnic area! Check it out, you won't be disapointed. Here's one long boring clip I took there (while it was about 25 deg out!) http://youtube.com/watch?v=EHju1L8jxcw If anyone is interested in me hosting a crawl session there, just PM me. The place is a gem.

Last edited by 2old4rc; 06-03-2008 at 09:11 PM.
2old4rc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 01:49 PM   #6

Hey guys I work at Galli Mods hobby shop and I recently got into crawling. I understand that John and Jess havent been leaping into the crawling scene mostly because we havent been selling insane numbers of Axials. But I am really into the 2.2 class so if any of you want to arrange a day to go crawl i would be more than interested! We could even meet at Galli Mods and show them just how popular crawling had gotten!

2old4rc- Im sorry Jess pushed you away from the Scorpian, it was probably before i started working there, she is more interested in the 1/8th scale nitro vehicles and has since gotten herself a crawler and thinks they are pretty cool!

Unfortunately Jess will also be leaving the hobby shop on August 4th.......
BMWNLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 08:52 PM   #7

Look at the southern Dutchess section, I'm going to Fahnestock this coming sunday, I have at least one confirmed other person coming, possibly 5.
sedanman67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 11:57 AM   #8
Quarry Creeper

Are there any comps in westchester?
d-fly is offline   Reply With Quote