Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Northeast > New York

Notices

Thread: N.Y. City area

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-23-2007, 08:30 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default N.Y. City area

i'm the manager of One of the Bruckner Hobbies stores and i'm thinking about having an unofficial get together at Orchard Beach on Easter Sunday. it will be just for fun get to know different people and no pressure. Any body interested can get in touch with me either thru here or call me at work 914-946-5555 ask for Felix, thanks all r welcome
fperez0209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-26-2007, 01:40 PM   #2
Sinking with the ship

Hey Felix, I met you this weekend while racing the clod buster monsters trucks at orchard beach. Keep me posted on this event. I never got around to checking out the rocks but do you think a 2.2 scale crawler would do ok? Lemme know

KIT
Mike
1BadJeepBruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 04:13 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

Default 1/10 crawler

it would do great , the rocks there are amazing. You could spend all day crawling and not go over the same spot twice. also i forgot to set a time if we meet at 12 on easter sunday we should have at least 6 hours of fun the location is Orchard Beach in the Bronx . park at the end on the left hand side, then walk to the boardwalk go left, follow boarwalk to the end and the rocks are there, remember all the way to the end of the boarwalk not the breakers which jut outwards hope to see you there
Old 03-27-2007, 05:03 PM   #4

Hey, Felix,

Ill see you there. I believe ive met you before the hartsdale Bruckner Hobbies. I believe ive i came in with a revo? ANyways i have a 2.2 bender sw2 rawler...cill bring it sunday see you there!
-Geoff
rc_phanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 07:03 PM   #5
Pebble Pounder

Default Bronx Rocks, you got to see it to believe it.

Felix, its Kev, I hope you get a good responce for this. People will not believe that this is NYC, let alone the BRONX!!! I'm pleased to see that we'll be getting a somewhat official get-together, it's been difficult to get the crew all together so maybe more exposure will increase the frequency of runners out on the rocks. Who knows, maybe a club? Maybe we should throw a poll on to see how many bites we get for a name? What do ya think?
bvek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 03:51 PM   #6
Sinking with the ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by fperez0209 View Post
it would do great , the rocks there are amazing. You could spend all day crawling and not go over the same spot twice. also i forgot to set a time if we meet at 12 on easter sunday we should have at least 6 hours of fun the location is Orchard Beach in the Bronx . park at the end on the left hand side, then walk to the boardwalk go left, follow boarwalk to the end and the rocks are there, remember all the way to the end of the boarwalk not the breakers which jut outwards hope to see you there

I am going to see what I can do about easter sunday, not sure if there are plans with the Fam or not. BUT I am sure either way we will GTG someday soon. Warm weather is coming
Old 03-28-2007, 07:13 PM   #7
Pebble Pounder

Default get together

thanks all . i spoke to Billy who happens to own Imex and who also is a good friend about getting some goodies for the next "unofficial get together and he was interested in helping out with some goodies. remember guys its unofficial gettogether nothing serious just for fun.
Old 04-04-2007, 11:08 AM   #8
Pebble Pounder

Default Easter Looks like a rain/snow out, now what?

Felix, sorry I missed you guys last week. The little man is sick. Well Easter is supposed to be a wash out. Now what? Rain date or what? I'm lookin' to head over to the beach on Friday, should be the best day for a week or so. Let me know what you think.
PS Come on guys, 80 views and only a couple of replies, let's make it happen people.
Kev
Old 04-04-2007, 11:37 AM   #9
Quarry Creeper

Id like to come although they are calling for up to a foot of snow here in the poconos easter weekend. if not Im there
lohocla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 11:47 AM   #10
Sinking with the ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by bvek View Post
Felix, sorry I missed you guys last week. The little man is sick. Well Easter is supposed to be a wash out. Now what? Rain date or what? I'm lookin' to head over to the beach on Friday, should be the best day for a week or so. Let me know what you think.
PS Come on guys, 80 views and only a couple of replies, let's make it happen people.
Kev
yea I heard the weather is suppose to be shiatty :-(
Old 04-05-2007, 09:12 PM   #11
Pebble Pounder

Default weather

hey guys, i'm glad to hear that a lot of you are willing to come out sunday, but i've been hearing that the weather may not cooperate,as we are going to be by the water expect the temperature to be at least 10 to 15 degrees colder so if the ambient temp is 40 degrees we might be force to cancel. but if its sunny and at least 50 degrees its on, so i'll post saturday night if its on, pray for good weather, thanks again Felix hopefully that will be us wearing sunglasses sunday
Old 04-05-2007, 10:32 PM   #12

Default no worries

felix,

the weather should not be that bad on sunday!!! a little chilly but back in that cove it's not bad. i was out on thurs and though the wind was blowing hard ...it was coming from the west so there was virtually no wind at all .

lance
f16voodoo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 07:31 PM   #13
Pebble Pounder

Cool weather

if the weather cooperates we r on pray for good weather,
Old 04-07-2007, 11:20 AM   #14
Pebble Pounder

Default Nyc Easter Crawl

Felix, I'm counting on going there about 11:30 12:00.
Kev
Old 04-08-2007, 06:20 PM   #15
Pebble Pounder

Default turnout

i want to thank the few who brave the cold, Francisco, Lance,John ,his son Chris,Walter,his son Zach,Kevin,Geoff, Luis and his friend, Kevin,Steve, thanks guys the next one is in the planning stages hopefully in warmer weather
Old 04-09-2007, 10:23 AM   #16
Pebble Pounder

Default Orchard Beach-Wind from the West

Felix, thanks so much for saving me. I had a blast. That was an awesome group of guys and I hope we can maintain the gettogethers.
KevB
Old 04-09-2007, 10:38 PM   #17
Pebble Pounder

Cool we have named

thanks to Kevin we are officially called ROBBAR. thats what the hobby is for helping each other. Again thanks to those that brave the cold to have fun.