Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: Is there any good way to make a T-MAXX a good rock crawler?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2008, 06:57 PM   #1

Default Is there any good way to make a T-MAXX a good rock crawler?

Lol I already made it look kinda like a crawler. With the bead-locks, skid plates...the wheelie bar doesn't make it look like one but it works. If i was going to make it one I know I'de have to get a lower gear ratio. and it probably be good if I got an electric motor... and locker axles. The I.R.S. and I.F.S. would seem to work pretty good. Like I said in a thread I posted about 10 minutes ago I have a nylint but it isnt really good. 1/6, unmoded, first generation, Wal-Mart, truck... I want good rock crawler but I dont have $300-$1,000 to spend. I had like $125 but spent about $70 no a new watch.... so i got like $53 left........ SO can I make a good T-MAXX crawler? (Not including my budget) Also can anyone give me step-by-step
tummy tuck instructions for my nylint?
Crazy Frog is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-13-2008, 07:09 PM   #2
Debunking old stereotypes

I see you're not really new here. Have you read anything on the forum at all? There's more here then pretty pictures.
Try checking the Maxx section maybe?
Also, if you look at your last post, I told you where to find out how to tummy tuck your Nylint.

Last edited by freetimecrawler; 01-13-2008 at 07:11 PM.
freetimecrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 07:25 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

if you read the sticky at the top of this forum called something like cheap tip/tricks, the first tip is "NITROS CAN'T CRAWL!". the problem is that there is not enough slow speed to crawl reliably. yes, you can drive it over small softball size boulders, but you really can't make a t-maxx into a decent crawler.
mysharona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 05:55 AM   #4
I wanna be Dave

I turned a t-maxx into a crawler....of course I made an adapter plate for the tranny and used a 55t lathe motor. Eventually I ditched that in favor of an e-maxx tranny. It can be done but its not too easy and you have to ditch the nitro.
jetboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 07:26 AM   #5
Rock Crawler

My solution is sell the tmaxx and use the money to buy a starter crawler like an ax10.
CrawlinClodKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 06:03 PM   #6
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrawlinClodKiller View Post
My solution is sell the tmaxx and use the money to buy a starter crawler like an ax10.
this is probably the easiest and quickest way to get on the rocks. converting a t-maxx into a crawler is going to take time and patience. you might be able to build it under $100 but it will be basic and hodge podge. check out the maxx section and see if it is something you are willing to take on. if not i'd suggest the auction block.
RCMFMaxxMan is offline   Reply With Quote