Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: to droop or not to droop

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2008, 08:32 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default to droop or not to droop

The idea of droop or half droop is fascinating to me but I find it so unconventional that I cannot bring myself to do it. I am actually running a partial droop with internal springs on my AX10 (small spring under the piston, large spring above it). I undertand that you do not lose articulation with full droop but follow along and bear with me. If the chassis is "belly dragging" over an obstacle, the tradition spring set up would provide down-force on the axles pushing the tires down to find traction. with droop, it seems that the springs have a reverse effect, pulling the axle closer to the chassis, providing less traction. So, it would seem to me that Droop would be best suited for very steep inclines and the traditional spring setup would be best for going over obstacles. if you want a true all terrain crawler, i would imagine that a half droop have traditional spring (spring over and under piston) would provide a happy medium. or keep a couple set of shocks set up differently for different occasions. Am I way off in my thinking on this one?
TRA3905 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links