Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: buiding a rock racer on a budget got some ?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2008, 02:10 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default buiding a rock racer on a budget got some ?

so im going to be build a rock racer. i just finished my 2.2 hustler build w/ ax10 axles,tranny,55t motor etc...

i figure since i have the old chassis from the ax10 why not use it a build a rock racer. goin to be using ax10 axles and tranny. now for motors goin to be running a brushed setup as im goin to be using my old electronics. whats the diffrence from 35t,55t and all those other ones. then theres the 40 tooth or 35 tooth. i want to go fast but not stupid fast.. any help would be great.

basically this is a budget build rock racer...

thanks jay
canadianjeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-06-2008, 03:15 PM   #2
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianjeeper View Post
so im going to be build a rock racer. i just finished my 2.2 hustler build w/ ax10 axles,tranny,55t motor etc...
i figure since i have the old chassis from the ax10 why not use it a build a rock racer. goin to be using ax10 axles and tranny. now for motors goin to be running a brushed setup as im goin to be using my old electronics. whats the diffrence from 35t,55t and all those other ones. then theres the 40 tooth or 35 tooth. i want to go fast but not stupid fast.. any help would be great.
basically this is a budget build rock racer...
thanks jay
I would go with the 35t motor... The difference between the two is the higher the turns (55t) the more torque, where as the lower the turns (35t) you'll have more rpm's per volt. You should have enought torque with the 35t for some basic crawling, but like you said, this is for a rock 'racer'.
As for the 'tooth', are you taking about a spur gear? A 35 or 40 tooth sounds really small, and sounds very large for a pinon... Are you possibly asking about the difference of a 35 turn vs a 40 turn motor?
Cake Eater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 10:54 PM   #3
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adogg13x View Post
I would go with the 35t motor... The difference between the two is the higher the turns (55t) the more torque, where as the lower the turns (35t) you'll have more rpm's per volt. You should have enought torque with the 35t for some basic crawling, but like you said, this is for a rock 'racer'.
As for the 'tooth', are you taking about a spur gear? A 35 or 40 tooth sounds really small, and sounds very large for a pinon... Are you possibly asking about the difference of a 35 turn vs a 40 turn motor?
im talking about the spur gear...
canadianjeeper is offline   Reply With Quote