Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: Superclass

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2008, 09:27 AM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Superclass

I've done some searching and looked around......what I'm looking for here is some opinions.
We all know that everyone has them :-P

I would like to start a superclass build but am looking for some direction. What I would like is a comp worthy crawler when I am done.
What is currently the chassis of choice?
Axels?? Clod or otherwise?
What is the comp worthiness of G-made?

thanks for the help
<flame>
Shaggy5050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-27-2008, 09:39 AM   #2
RCC Addict

The most used chassis is NN or a RCP hustler you can use just about any chassis. Most guys also use clod axles, that you can lock with epoxy or shoe goo. Also G-Made makes great products, A guy in our club has a stealth and loves it. Its all about what you like.
JUSTGOINGSLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 09:59 AM   #3
Rock Crawler

Super class in the PNW is big and competitive. We see tubers and stick chassis being the weapons of choice for the top drivers lately (the NN would also be competitive) and clod axles with MIP cvd axles are by far the most popular axle choice. The use of front and rear dig is also becoming popular. In the last month I have seen progress on numerous super class shafties that will be spectacular when completed (but are very custom axle assemblies). I ran the G-made axles (good quality product) for some time in 2007 season and won championships in both WA and OR (the remainder of the season the truck had clod axles).

Chad-
grover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 11:52 AM   #4
Rock Crawler

I am running a Pimp Cane chassis with clod axles (shaved),crawford lockers,CVD's,JP knuckles and Thunder racing BTA's. Rig is rock solid and goes anywhere. No dig or anything yet but with 4ws it turns pretty damn good for having a 16" track width.

no exp. with the G-made rig but I hear it does pretty good. There is a article in R/C action on it last month. Or was it this month
Stuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 12:50 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

I've been running an RCP/Carnage Crew Hustler Super for the past year and I love it. The chassis you choose should be personal preference first and foremost. If you dig tubers, then a Hustler is a solid choice. TCS Crawlers NN or Stick chassis are killer too if you prefer running a body. Clod axles are the standard for the most part, but more importantly parts are readily available for them, and there's a ton of after market support for them too. Biggest tip...a slow build is a solid build. Choose a chassis and components, and take your time. Have fun!
CreepyCrawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 01:07 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Thanks guys.......all of this is helping.
Still not sure which way I'm going to go but I can venver have too much information
Shaggy5050 is offline   Reply With Quote